Regardless the Outcome,

• Regardless the outcome this Sunday, the players have done an incredible job to get where we are!

In an article Luke Brooks said that not making the 8 this season would be considered a failure. At first I dismissed his statement as something all sportsman say about their finals aspirations but then i thought hang on!

Some will say “yeah but given the roster we should be in the 8” or “I never thought they would get this far”

After our loosing streak, the off field dramas, the player and selection criticisms and now a virus OUR team is potentialy playing to make the 8.

Hand on heart I was one of the people who during our troubles thought the season was gone.And I am also one who criticises bad plays and selections but I also give credit where credit is due.

So I say dispite all the hurdles, the players have given us a very exciting finish and to that end regardless of the outcomes from this weekend the season isn’t a failure? :sign:

• Banned

Yes and no. I thought we’d make the 8 pre season so I’m not totally thrilled with the year. A great back third to the year has been a good ride but don’t forget the aweful first 2 thirds.

We have finished the season strong so that has been encouraging though…

• The second half has been as good as the first half was bad. I make Brooks right, missing out would absolutely be a failure when you look at the season as a whole.

• If Brooks sees it as failure then he needs to quit disappearing when the game gets tough. Sometimes I need to check if he is still out there.

• Its a pretty impressive position when you factor in we lost 6 from our first 8. Years gone by we wouldn’t have had the fight or resolve to get us in this position.

• I think it has been a great effort, at the start of the year I was like most armchair expert and tipped them to be bottom three. They have exceeded my expectations and even during their slump they were highly competitive and basically they had only three bad games all year.

They have turned up every week and had a dig and considering the turmoil in the joint since SOO no3 been a great effort.

Obviously they are still off the pace if you are talking about winning the GF, but my guess plenty of clubs would love to be in our position going into the next few years.

For the most part I have enjoyed my football this year and that has not always been the case in recent years

• @supercoach:

I think it has been a great effort, at the start of the year I was like most armchair expert and tipped them to be bottom three. They have exceeded my expectations and even during their slump they were highly competitive and basically they had only three bad games all year.

They have turned up every week and had a dig and considering the turmoil in the joint since SOO no3 been a great effort.

Obviously they are still off the pace if you are talking about winning the GF, but my guess plenty of clubs would love to be in our position going into the next few years.

For the most part I have enjoyed my football this year and that has not always been the case in recent years

Me too. I’ve been to about 10 games this yr, and at one point, of the games i attended there were 5 consecutive victories - Newcastle, Souths, Penrith, Dragons and Parra.

• @Tiger Come Lately:

Regardless the outcome this Sunday, the players have done an incredible job to get where we are!

In an article Luke Brooks said that not making the 8 this season would be considered a failure. At first I dismissed his statement as something all sportsman say about their finals aspirations but then i thought hang on!

Some will say “yeah but given the roster we should be in the 8” or “I never thought they would get this far”

After our loosing streak, the off field dramas, the player and selection criticisms and now a virus OUR team is potentialy playing to make the 8.

Hand on heart I was one of the people who during our troubles thought the season was gone.And I am also one who criticises bad plays and selections but I also give credit where credit is due.

So I say dispite all the hurdles, the players have given us a very exciting finish and to that end regardless of the outcomes from this weekend the season isn’t a failure? :sign:

Good coaching as well…… 😃

• ForumSupporter

The game of Rugby League will be the winner

• Trending +….

• There is a good chance that the team will be in the top 8 by Sunday evening. Let’s be honest - throughout the early parts of this season this would have been only a very wild dream in most supporters’ minds. Myself, I draw inspiration in how the team has developed into a close knit assembly with a will to win even at bleak times when many teams would have dropped their bundle. I also draw inspiration from the fact that this is mainly a young team which, with mature leaders such as Aaron Woods and Elijah Taylor on the field to guide them, will certainly improve as they mature.

• yes and no.

apart from the farah thing,the team has got a lot of good press lately- particularly television, which is great from future sponsorship chances.

should be good times ahead.

• I’m in the yes and no.

Really happy with how woods, moses and sue have progressed .

• Banned

@stryker:

Yes and no. I thought we’d make the 8 pre season so I’m not totally thrilled with the year. A great back third to the year has been a good ride but don’t forget the aweful first 2 thirds.

This is the way I think as well. I expect us to make the 8 with the team we have and we seem to have gotten it together now.

Next year is looking good.

• @stevetiger:

@stryker:

This is the way I think as well. I expect us to make the 8 with the team we have and we seem to have gotten it together now.

Next year is looking good.

Things are looking promising… We finished 9th the season prior to our 2005 and 2010 / 11 finals campaigns… 8 rounds in there is no way i would of thought we would still be a mathematical chance in round 26…

Recent Topics