Recruitment and retention

• The following players should be kept: Tedesco, Moses, ET, Woods, Grant, Nofa, Sue
    The following players should be moved on: Kev, Milone, Rankin (low cost utility value only), Siro
    These blokes need a big year or move them along: Brooks, Simona, Lawrence, Ava, (increased depth leaves him holding others back), Edwards
    Re-sign based on performance: Aloiai, Lovett, CheeKam, Littlejohn.

• It’s been pretty obvious all year we need a decent centre who can defend. Our backline has too many highlights reels and not enough rounded players.

• I wish Kev was just a little better defensively, his attack is fairly good.

Quite frankly though, I’d be moving Brooks on.

Otherwise, yep. We could throw the coach in the list as well somewhere and the rest of the coaching staff.

• Pass on woods if he wants more than 700k

• You could put a red pen through half of this squad and still look for improvement. This is a very average roster of players been saying this for a long time.

• At the very least, we need:
    A winger
    A centre
    A second rower
    Either the centre or the winger need to also be a goal kicker

• @Snake:

You could put a red pen through half of this squad and still look for improvement. This is a very average roster of players been saying this for a long time.

I finally can safely say I agree with you

• On another note I can’t quote my source but Mitch Moses will not stick around after 2017 as the Roosters are highly keen on him and we won’t be able to compete.

• @wmlmaster:

On another note I can’t quote my source but Mitch Moses will not stick around after 2017 as the Roosters are highly keen on him and we won’t be able to compete.

they have keary and pearce, pearce has contract til the end of next year and id assume they would keep him. keary and moses are too similar and it would leave them with a very lacklustre kicking game…
    cant see it happening

• @Kavi:

@wmlmaster:

On another note I can’t quote my source but Mitch Moses will not stick around after 2017 as the Roosters are highly keen on him and we won’t be able to compete.

they have keary and pearce, pearce has contract til the end of next year and id assume they would keep him. keary and moses are too similar and it would leave them with a very lacklustre kicking game…
    cant see it happening

I hope you are right but only time will tell

• @steve-o:

At the very least, we need:
    A winger
    A centre
    A second rower
    Either the centre or the winger need to also be a goal kicker

Mate I think we need two centres not one.

• ForumSupporter

Get rid of them all…start again…I see a lot of we need we need posts…Well…

Who we buying…keen to here the suggestions that would make us great…

• whats the go with Idris, is he returning to footy or not?
    Surely Dane Gagai would be happy to leave Newcastle

• Banned

First player we need is a gun hooker. Second player we need is a gun edge forward and probably on the right side. Then we need to wait and see how Brooks and Moses perform. I think Moses will come good and I hope Brooks will but Brooks really needs to improve a lot.

• Sooner Kev is gone the better. We have a few areas we need to get some quality but this is our biggest weakness. Sure Kev can atttack but so can alot of other centers. We need a defensive center on the flank. Kev lets in more points because of his defence/defensive miss reads than he makes up.

Recent Topics