Some Interesting Statistics

• Seeing that JT was a hero to some on the forum after the Warriors game. Even to the stage of some nominations of Coach of the year. After today’s game is he now a nomination for the Coaches Bum of the year?
    Seeing as he is supposed to be the genius that got us to here., surely he should get a major rocket for the disgracefull display today. And others through the year.
    The sooner he is gone the better.
    We need someone who will at least select a team on merit, not on favouritism, and someone prepared and capable of fixing our woeful defence,

Our right side defence dropped back to their awful worst again , and simply directed traffic towards the tryline, and our Star needs to learn that if he’s going to rush up in defence, it would help if he actually tackled someone.

The interesting statistics are
    1: we played 13 games against the top 8 teams this year . We won only Three( SMH)

2: we played 5 games against the three lowest teams in the Comp. this year.
    We only won two

Thank god for the middle, softer teams , otherwise we would have been really struggling.
    This is where we are at .we are one of the middle to lower middle teams
    As they are the only teams that we can beat with any amount of regularity.
    Today showed where we are, and just how bad our defence really is, thanks to The Knights, otherwise we would be the Worst.
    Of course we can keep Taylor , but we’l get the same again if we do,
    And who can he shove the blame off to now ???

Maybe we also shouldn’t be too quick rush into a large contract for ET
    A disappointment again today

• Banned

ET has steadily gotten worse since his first few games for us. It’s no surprise we found him in reggies.

We have far too many inconsistent players like him. Moses…world beater for a couple of weeks, then total liability, then world beater again…remind you of anyone? Woods. It’s no secret I dislike him but I now have no respect for him. He is a pea heart. Outside backs. Great attackers, cowardly defenders.etc…

Tedesco leaves this squad and they’ll win back to back spoons. Got to get a good coach in to make them reach their potential…none of them play at it or near it enough times per year.

• GCT, I am lost. Can you explain how the low number of wins against top 8 teams and bottom 3 teams is the fault of the coach, but the 6 from 6 against middle sides is because they are soft.
    What does this say about the ability of the coaches of sides that did not beat those soft middle teams?

• ET is overrated , he goes ok for 25mins then he goes missing …. Not worth the hype IMO .

• @stryker:

ET has steadily gotten worse since his first few games for us. It’s no surprise we found him in reggies.

We have far too many inconsistent players like him. Moses…world beater for a couple of weeks, then total liability, then world beater again…remind you of anyone? Woods. It’s no secret I dislike him but I now have no respect for him. He is a pea heart. Outside backs. Great attackers, cowardly defenders.etc…

Tedesco leaves this squad and they’ll win back to back spoons. Got to get a good coach in to make them reach their potential…none of them play at it or near it enough times per year.

You are a dead set idiot

• Taking a team from 15th to 9th is not a failure.

• @goldcoast tiger:

Seeing that JT was a hero to some on the forum after the Warriors game. Even to the stage of some nominations of Coach of the year. After today’s game is he now a nomination for the Coaches Bum of the year?
    Seeing as he is supposed to be the genius that got us to here., surely he should get a major rocket for the disgracefull display today. And others through the year.
    We need someone who will at least select a team on merit, not on favouritism, and someone prepared and capable of fixing our woeful defence,

Our right side defence dropped back to their awful worst again , and simply directed traffic towards the tryline, and our Star needs to learn that if he’s going to rush up in defence, it would help if he actually tackled someone.

1: we played 13 games against the top 8 teams this year . We won only Three( SMH)

We only won two

Thank god for the middle, softer teams , otherwise we would have been really struggling.
    Today showed where we are, and just how bad our defence really is, thanks to The Knights, otherwise we would be the Worst.

I do not care if Taylor gets the chop or not ,but we have to be honest in an assessment of his coaching this year.
    I will say again Taylor has not got much to work with, it is as much the quality of the playing roster as anything .Other than probable 6 players the rest would struggle to play in another NRL side so this has to be considered.
    It was very disappointing today but the team finished where I thought they would at the start of the season,Taylor has improved but I do feel he has gone as far as he can with this roster so here is the problem do you bring in an expierianced proven coach with the same mediocre roster or persist with Taylor next season until the club has money to move in a big way into the market …but do not blame the coach alone as this roster has not much going for it!

• Those slagging off ET do not know much about football. He hits and sticks. Is involved in a load of tackles and has the football smarts to know exactly what is required. Will hit low and twist to turn the runner on their back, wrap the ball up to prevent the offload. He also gets to marker rather than getting caught laying in the ruck.
    Has brought more dominance in terms of winning the ruck to wests tigers defence than any other player we have. If some of our other middle forward were able to do this, he could play wider and help our poor defending halves and outside backs.
    Compare his role in the tackles, and the outcomes to Lawrence, Aloiai, Woods, Sue etc. I know who is the best defender in this group.

• Banned

@GNR4LIFE:

Taking a team from 15th to 9th is not a failure.

I can see you sitting in your recliner with a beaming smile….We came 9th again yay!!!

• Banned

@Harvey:

Those slagging off ET do not know much about football. He hits and sticks. Is involved in a load of tackles and has the football smarts to know exactly what is required. Will hit low and twist to turn the runner on their back, wrap the ball up to prevent the offload. He also gets to marker rather than getting caught laying in the ruck.
    Has brought more dominance in terms of winning the ruck to wests tigers defence than any other player we have. If some of our other middle forward were able to do this, he could play wider and help our poor defending halves and outside backs.
    Compare his role in the tackles, and the outcomes to Lawrence, Aloiai, Woods, Sue etc. I know who is the best defender in this group.

Watch him more closely. His influence in all these areas whilst strong at first has declined each week. Today he was poor.

• @Snake:

@goldcoast tiger:

Seeing that JT was a hero to some on the forum after the Warriors game. Even to the stage of some nominations of Coach of the year. After today’s game is he now a nomination for the Coaches Bum of the year?

We only won two

I do not care if Taylor gets the chop or not ,but we have to be honest in an assessment of his coaching this year.
    I will say again Taylor has not got much to work with, it is as much the quality of the playing roster as anything .Other than probable 6 players the rest would struggle to play in another NRL side so this has to be considered.
    It was very disappointing today but the team finished where I thought they would at the start of the season,Taylor has improved but I do feel he has gone as far as he can with this roster so here is the problem do you bring in an expierianced proven coach with the same mediocre roster or persist with Taylor next season until the club has money to move in a big way into the market …but do not blame the coach alone as this roster has not much going for it!

He made such a lot about how he was improving our defence, and after two years of talking himself up, our defence is Crap.
    And as bad as it has been for years.
    We are soft and also have been soft for years
    I don’t give a bugger if we have one more try , or one less than any particular season.
    We cannot defend for a long part of any season, some of those scored today were as soft as I have seen.

• We seem to struggle the week after putting in a big effort
    Great against the Cowboys
    Heartbreaker against GC
    Flogged by Penrith
    Great effort NZ
    Flogged today
    up n down like a bloody yo yo

• ET is ok he is a decent 13, he was touch and go to make the team with the virus. I heard woodsy in an interview on the radio after the game and he sounded crook.

We are inconsistent and that’s players and coaches.

But it’s an improvement on last year. I was at the game and the only hope was the start of the second half and that’s that.

• Agree GCT.
    Taylor making Moses playmaker kicker and allowing him to take over when not good enough is his 1st fault.
    Secondly he nominated defense for improvement and achieved nothing.
    I knew those wins were against ordinary opponents even Nth qld was poor and it cemented faulty practices.
    To play for a semi spot in front of a sellou home crowd and be down 30 to 4 at HT is a disgrace and we deserve an apology.

• @GNR4LIFE:

Taking a team from 15th to 9th is not a failure.

Totally agree. That’s at least 4 places higher than I thought they were going to finish at the start of the year.

Recent Topics