Helluva team

Big, strong, skillful, fast, aggressive…. dedicated defence and they all keep alive in attack.

Canberra Raiders.

They’ll give Thursto and Cammy some sleepless nights this next month.

Agreed, Ricky has built a big hard fast skilful roster. If they can keep a lid on their discipline they will go very close

and, as long as they’re not playing us, they’re good fun to watch. Which a lot of teams aren’t.

They will go very close. Have good players all over the park.

Should beat Cronulla at home next week.

They lack class in the halves but they have everything else going for them. It’s interesting because they aren’t the team with the best spine but they don’t need to be.

As tough as today was, their size and skill level was very impressive. They will get past the Sharks next week, week off then one game away from the GF. I don’t know who would stop them at this stage.

Canberra are on a roll and they will be hard to beat for sure. I think the Bulldogs, Cronulla & Broncos are only limping into the finals, so it will be interesting to see what teams can emerge from the pack. Melbourne, as always, are the benchmark, but I reckon both the Raiders and Panthers can give this thing a real shake.

@NJLM78:

As tough as today was, their size and skill level was very impressive. They will get past the Sharks next week, week off then one game away from the GF. I don’t know who would stop them at this stage.

The Sharks will not be able to handle this bunch to big and strong.

Great side. The signs were there very early in the yr.

@Snake:

@NJLM78:

The Sharks will not be able to handle this bunch to big and strong.

b

The Sharks will handle them defensively a lot better than us, but if they can handle their emotions I only see the Storm as a real danger to the Raiders.

Reckon Cronulla may really have a big shot at tittle this year if they get form back.
Canberra also there with a big shot but as we saw today sometimes handling errors can stuff them that their weakness.
Melbourne also a big chance but think Cowboys not quite there this year.

Raiders have some of the most brain-dead players in the game. Their team is genuinely unintelligent. I can recall 2-3 games this year the Raiders lost due to some absolutely moronic pieces of play.

But I love watching them play…except against us aha.
If they keep their heads, they’ll beat anyone they come up against.

@WestsSupporter:

Raiders have some of the most brain-dead players in the game. Their team is genuinely unintelligent. I can recall 2-3 games this year the Raiders lost due to some absolutely moronic pieces of play.

But I love watching them play…except against us aha.
If they keep their heads, they’ll beat anyone they come up against.

That was true of the Raiders early in the season. For example, they gave up big leads against the Titans and Newcastle with a host of unforced errors to lose to the Titans and draw with Newcastle.

They still have some errors in them because they throw the ball around, but many fewer nowadays. They were very impressive against the Storm a few weeks ago. Completely outplayed them. They are my favourites for the title now.

It’s a tribute to Stuart’s roster management. He has assembled a great squad without breaking the bank.

Imagine Teddy playing in that team, he would have a ball behind that Pack.
I
Anyway he has Lovett, Aloisi, the Redhead (can’t remember his name ), rankin or whoever is in DH at whatever time. And Grant.
Bet he’s wondering why he ever listened to Robbie

I’d have enjoyed watching that game if Wests weren’t the team that copped the dicking.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.