The Viking clap in Canberra

• I have heard a couple of weeks of antibiotics is quite effective at getting rid of the viking clap, or (prevention is better than the cure) staying away from scandanavian houses of ill repute.

• Is that a new strain of clap in Canberra!

• Not exactly original is it.

Port Adelaide do it better.

• Banned

Don’t be butthurt. It looks awesome

• I was there and it was pretty awesome, truly memorable experience.

• @stryker:

Don’t be butthurt. It looks awesome

Butthurt about what?

• Looks great, but not sure the how the icelandics would feel about the copying of their thing. Pretty sure Aussies would be pi55ed off if someone copied one of ours like……like…I dunno, all I’ve got is that pathetic Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi chant.

• @wd in perth:

Looks great, but not sure the how the icelandics would feel about the copying of their thing. Pretty sure Aussies would be pi55ed off if someone copied one of ours like……like…I dunno, all I’ve got is that pathetic Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi chant.

You’r right, it is pathetic and it’s not even original. I heard the Oi, Oi, Oi chant in England donkeys years ago.

• @wd in perth:

Looks great, but not sure the how the icelandics would feel about the copying of their thing. Pretty sure Aussies would be pi55ed off if someone copied one of ours like……like…I dunno, all I’ve got is that pathetic Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi chant.

Well they are the Canberra Raiders. You realise their mascot is a Viking yeah?

Melbourne City and the Wanderers stole the Poznan, half a dozen teams sing “you’ll never walk alone” now, Newcastle Jets and Port Adelaide both sign Never Tear Us Apart before every game.

Just about every chant you hear in football (sokkah,) is recycled from every other team on the planet.

• Only if we can do the Haka

they can steal Iceland’s clap we can steal the Haka

• @Cultured Bogan:

@wd in perth:

Melbourne City and the Wanderers stole the Poznan, half a dozen teams sing “you’ll never walk alone” now, Newcastle Jets and Port Adelaide both sign Never Tear Us Apart before every game.

Just about every chant you hear in football (sokkah,) is recycled from every other team on the planet.

Some copy some create their own. What type of team do you want to follow?

• @tsjonathan:

@Cultured Bogan:

@wd in perth:

And the song our team runs out to is from the Rocky 3 soundtrack.

I honestly couldn’t care less. If there’s relevance to the supporters good luck to them.

• @Cultured Bogan:

@wd in perth:

Yeah, of course I realise the Viking link. Some things are held dear to some people and I just wonder if this might be one for the iceland people. They’re possible flattered, possibly peeved. Either way there’s no denying it really does look great.

• @Cultured Bogan:

@tsjonathan:

@Cultured Bogan:

@wd in perth:

We did not copy the song from another sporting team.
    And the song our team runs out to is from the Rocky 3 soundtrack.

I honestly couldn’t care less. If there’s relevance to the supporters good luck to them.

Recent Topics