Worrying

• With so much to play for twice in three weeks we get 40 and 50 put on us. Now Canberra are a very good side and I gave us little hope today. However to have 50 put on at Leichhardt is really embarrassing and worrying.

Now we have achieved something this year with 9th place and 11 wins. I think Jt deceivers a 3rd season to really own the roster and the team. You only have to look what Ricky has done in his 3rd season to see what could be possible.

However it is a massive concern that the coach can’t seem to motivate the side in the big games. For mine today was a defining game, we did not have to win it but i wanted to see some bottle and some mongrel.

We showed today why we were 15th defensively. Honestly I know the Raiders are a very big and strong side however the tires they scored were like you see in an Under 16s mis match. Taylor’s number one mantra coming into this club was to fix the defence and I’m not sure 2 years down the track you could say he has made any progress in this regard.

Last year Taylor talked about finishing 15th was an improvement as we went from last to 11th defensively. This year we finished 9th and 15th defensively. For me improvement on the ladder is all that matters although JT did have some different measures when he came into the club.

What we saw was a cakewalk which to me leaves more questions then answers in regards to this playing group and the coach ahead of next year.

• Time for a fresh start. I think next year will be no different. JT has his favourites and to me i cant see things changing next year. We made semis in reggies and toyota cup. Its time for someone fresh to come in with no favourites , picks our top 25 on merit and holds them accountable. The team is too comfortable with JT. We finish second last in defense, and how many players were dropped to fix this up? With the season on the line we got smashed by the panthers. With our destiny in our own hand, at a packed leichardt oval we concede 50. JT cant get these guys up for this game, what chance do we have next year. With Farah gone, JT needs to follow. A new coach with full control has to be done. If Cleary wants $500k, give it to him.

• It depends how you want to measure improvement.

Taylor was adamant he wanted to be judged on defence so if thats the case he could rightly be fired. We finished with a differential of negative over 100 which is not where we want to be.

We managed 11 wins which was a decent effort , however 3 wins against top 8 sides from 13 games probably shows that result is a little flattering.

I would be willing to give him a 3rd season, however I have little confidence he is the right man going forward and have thought this for a while.

• Have to see how we go with the new defensive coach I guess……whoever that will be.

• @tigers2005:

Time for a fresh start. I think next year will be no different. JT has his favourites and to me i cant see things changing next year. We made semis in reggies and toyota cup. Its time for someone fresh to come in with no favourites , picks our top 25 on merit and holds them accountable. The team is too comfortable with JT. We finish second last in defense, and how many players were dropped to fix this up? With the season on the line we got smashed by the panthers. With our destiny in our own hand, at a packed leichardt oval we concede 50. JT cant get these guys up for this game, what chance do we have next year. With Farah gone, JT needs to follow. A new coach with full control has to be done. If Cleary wants $500k, give it to him.

who are his favourites?

• he gets 1 more year, top 8 our out.

and meekly getting into the 8 like we had the option of doing this year, getting beaten by 16 in week 1 probably wont cut it either

i think we have the potential to do so for sure

• @pHyR3:

@tigers2005:

Time for a fresh start. I think next year will be no different. JT has his favourites and to me i cant see things changing next year. We made semis in reggies and toyota cup. Its time for someone fresh to come in with no favourites , picks our top 25 on merit and holds them accountable. The team is too comfortable with JT. We finish second last in defense, and how many players were dropped to fix this up? With the season on the line we got smashed by the panthers. With our destiny in our own hand, at a packed leichardt oval we concede 50. JT cant get these guys up for this game, what chance do we have next year. With Farah gone, JT needs to follow. A new coach with full control has to be done. If Cleary wants $500k, give it to him.

who are his favourites?

Rankin, Lovett, Kevie, Simona, Brooks, Edwards… should i keep going. Either not first grade level or out of form and no accountability. When your not held accountable, then you know a mediocre performance is fine.

For me though its all about JT’s mantra on defence. His whole philosophy was on improving our defence. 2nd last defence, even worse than last year. Time to go.

• Banned

Pretty good post Eddie.

I think a key thing to state is that JT’s talk about defence was when he had absolutely no idea. I don’t think it’s fair to judge him on that. I think it’s fair to judge him on how many wins you get and where you come in the comp.

So we’ve underachieved for sure this year but we did seem to get it together at the end of the season. It isn’t a massive underachievement when the coach should cop it in droves ala last year.

I think give JT another year but he needs to go unless we have a really good year next year. The problem to me is that Brooks and Moses are still not really stepping up and we need to add some starch to our team. I think we have a really good squad though. Canberra are just too big and strong for us and we can’t play controlled defensive or fast upbeat attacking footy to beat them.

I do think we need to get some positions spot on next year. To me that means we need solid go forward and defense from our pack, we need to get a quality hooker and probably a gun winger. We then need to pray that Brooks, Moses and Tedesco turn into really good players. These guys are close. Tedesco is probably there already. Moses is close. Brooks is a long way off but I still think he could turn into a quality player.

In stating all of that we have the squad to make the top 8 easily.

• @Eddie:

It depends how you want to measure improvement.

Taylor was adamant he wanted to be judged on defence so if thats the case he could rightly be fired. We finished with a differential of negative over 100 which is not where we want to be.

We managed 11 wins which was a decent effort , however 3 wins against top 8 sides from 13 games probably shows that result is a little flattering.

I would be willing to give him a 3rd season, however I have little confidence he is the right man going forward and have thought this for a while.

If your mantra is defence and you come to our club and tell us its what we have lacked in the past and its what your here to fix, and we are second last in defence then something is seriously wrong. Why waste another year. New coach with a new defence and structures, no favourites, players held accountable ( not just the ones you want to move on like farah and sironen) it has to be done.

• @tigers2005:

@pHyR3:

@tigers2005:

who are his favourites?

Rankin, Lovett, Kevie, Simona, Brooks, Edwards… should i keep going. Either not first grade level or out of form and no accountability. When your not held accountable, then you know a mediocre performance is fine.

For me though its all about JT’s mantra on defence. His whole philosophy was on improving our defence. 2nd last defence, even worse than last year. Time to go.

Who are you going to replace them with next yr? Surely it would dawn that maybe those names are the nucleus of an average squad.

• Well….there will be a new defense coach, thats my only hope…I agree with Phyre though, finals or see ya for JT…crunch time '17

• We need some big boppers in the squad we have a lot of good players, but they are too small.

• @innsaneink:

Well….there will be a new defense coach, thats my only hope…I agree with Phyre though, finals or see ya for JT…crunch time '17

I agree but let’s be realistic. The squad is average at best. This is indicated by the simple fact only Addo Carr has been sort or pinched by another club. Let’s be happy we won 11 games. Not a bad effort for a squad of average first graders. We need to buy at least 3 quality first graders to compliment what we already have

• I agree we need a couple more players.

However taylor have been talking about defence for a couple of years now.

This was our biggest game in his tenure and we had 50 put on us.

It just doesn’t give me faith I a sorry.

• I think some astute recruiting would be a nice change Ed, however if we could defend capably and confidently our current squad would have things so much easier for Themselves…. Today can’t really be blamed solely on poor defense and losing the ruck we were just terrible everywhere… Unforced errors cost us early and set the tone

Recent Topics