Naiqama and Simona

• They are the worst centre combination in the nrl. After kicking it on tackle zero last week,Simona’s flick pass today shows he has no sense of responsibility to this team. Naiaqama’s defense is disgraceful,at his age,it won’t improve. Everyone says “they’re great attackers though”. Simona got put in the clear and got run down and Naiqama is slow.
    We can’t run with these guys next year.

• both would be better as wingers imo

• Banned

They are a pretty good combination but Simona has decided to put some crud plays into his game every week. It’s basically unacceptable.

I don’t think they are the problem or even close to it.

• Simona well and truly lost the plot the last couple of weeks

• Do we have replacements for them in 2017?

• @everett:

Do we have replacements for them in 2017?

You beat me to it. We don’t have anyone to replace these guys. We’d be lucky to get one good centre/winger who can actually tackle and hold their line, let alone two.
    But this thread is correct, we need to put a rocket up these two (and a lot others) regarding their defensive flaws. They need to be told if they don’t fix it they’ll be playing reggies or with another team in 2017.

• I’ll be honest, I don’t know too much about Heleta. Is he worthy of ousting one of these two?

• Banned

@everett:

Thats the question isnt it. We need to look outside the square a little and take a risk. Move Simona to left wing and say “just get the ball and run u dope”. Get our strength and conditionng team to have a look at Idris to see what sort of shape he is in. Maybe look at Tyrone Peachey, he’s going surprisingly good at Centre. Watson Heleta would go well at left centre and has earnt a crack with a great year playing out of position in state cup. Where does Dean Whare fit in at Penrith?? He would be great.

There are some options. Im sick of having a small backline.

• Banned

@TigerWoods:

I’ll be honest, I don’t know too much about Heleta. Is he worthy of ousting one of these two?

I think he is worth a shot. Strong runner who never gives up and has plenty of heart. Would love it if he was a little taller, however, i do believe he would go well at left centre.

• @king sirro:

@everett:

Thats the question isnt it. We need to look outside the square a little and take a risk. Move Simona to left wing and say “just get the ball and run u dope”. Get our strength and conditionng team to have a look at Idris to see what sort of shape he is in. Maybe look at Tyrone Peachey, he’s going surprisingly good at Centre. Watson Heleta would go well at left centre and has earnt a crack with a great year playing out of position in state cup. Where does Dean Whare fit in at Penrith?? He would be great.

There are some options. Im sick of having a small backline.

Good points but the last sentence sums it all up. We need to match it with other teams in this area and get some bigger blokes in the backline.

• Hopefully with Farah leaving we have a little bit of coin left over to make a few shrewd purchases like we did with ET

• They have entertained at times, though the defence is horrible. Simona does have some big brain snaps in his game.

I think fast wingers (like JAC build) and big strong hole running centres (like ingles build). Easy said than done.

• @GNR4LIFE:

Simona well and truly lost the plot the last couple of weeks

So true. To kick off out on full, then what is arguably the worst attempted offload in danger I’ve ever seen. He certainly didn’t learn from his moronic decisions last week, I am filthy on him today.

I can cop a missed tackle or bad read in defence, but that is 4 really stupid plays in 2 weeks.

• I have never really understood the Simona hype.

However when he does not play we have terrible replacements.

• The dynamic duo ,a pair of reggie players parading around as
    NRL players …I can not stomach Simona a lazy player in all aspects of the game …Naigama has a go but is just not at this level …these two are not the only ones parading around as NRL players in this squad.

Recent Topics