The Word a From The Top

• Today’s press conference was very interesting, Not one word about diabolical defence,
    You could be forgiven for thinking that our defence wasn’t too bad,
    Apparently both Taylor and Woodsie , were adamant that we beat ourselves,
    Canberra mustn’t have had anything to do with it.
    They may as well not have turned up.

I wonder how that half a century got on to the scoreboard.
    Taylor is under the impression that we "haven’t had a game like that all year. "
    It must be the jersey colours blending into the green grass, as he cant see the raiders
    Playing.
    I don’t know how he missed all those tries scored against us in the first game at Canberra.
    Does Taylor actually go to the games, or , do they have a cardboard cutout in the Coaches box. That would explain it.
    Anyway don’t worry about our missed tackles and times when we Dont even touch the ball carrier.
    We just beat ourselves.
    God help us if we had opposition !!!
    😆

• They made too many errors and missed tackles

• Good to see you lapping it up GCT :deadhorse:

• @Kavi:

They made too many errors and missed tackles

I could have sworn that that was the case myself.
    Obviously JT thinks missed tackles don’t count , as he never said a word about defence .
    I thought it was strange , as he’s always talking up our newfound great defence.

• @goldcoast tiger:

Today’s press conference was very interesting, Not one word about diabolical defence,
    You could be forgiven for thinking that our defence wasn’t too bad,
    Apparently both Taylor and Woodsie , were adamant that we beat ourselves,
    Canberra mustn’t have had anything to do with it.
    They may as well not have turned up.

I wonder how that half a century got on to the scoreboard.
    Taylor is under the impression that we "haven’t had a game like that all year. "
    It must be the jersey colours blending into the green grass, as he cant see the raiders
    Playing.
    I don’t know how he missed all those tries scored against us in the first game at Canberra.
    Does Taylor actually go to the games, or , do they have a cardboard cutout in the Coaches box. That would explain it.
    Anyway don’t worry about our missed tackles and times when we Dont even touch the ball carrier.
    We just beat ourselves.
    God help us if we had opposition !!!
    😆

:roll

• @goldcoast tiger:

@Kavi:

Obviously JT thinks missed tackles don’t count , as he never said a word about defence .
    I thought it was strange , as he’s always talking up our newfound great defence.

Just a question for you. How will a new coach, any coach you wish make them tackle better?

• Banned

@goldcoast tiger:

@Kavi:

I don’t know how many times I’m going to state this but JT when he said this had no idea. He honestly thought he could wave his hands and the defence would miraculously improve whilst our attack would remain spot on.

Yes some people actually believed him but people in general fall for some really dumb stuff.

We need to get away from this line of thought. We need to think in terms of winning the comp. Your defence is a big part of that but when you don’t turn up like today it’s not your defence that is the problem. It’s your whole game. I’m not sure what was wrong today but we simply didn’t compete.

• Banned

@Ed Reschs:

@goldcoast tiger:

@Kavi:

Just a question for you. How will a new coach, any coach you wish make them tackle better?

This is not a valid argument. If anything it’s an argument for changing the coach. Why weren’t we up for the game today at our home ground with our season on the line ?

So if the current coach can’t get this team to perform you need to try someone else.

I’m not stating sack Taylor. I think he has improved enough this season and the team has as well to retain him.

• @Ed Reschs:

@goldcoast tiger:

@Kavi:

He couldnt do worse. For one he could hold players accountable. How many times did kevie tackle the air. Was he dropped, was he told fix up your defence and then come back.

• @Ed Reschs:

@goldcoast tiger:

@Kavi:

Huh? Are your serious? Who is it, if not the coach, who is supposed to teach them to tackle better?

Here’s a couple of ideas that the coaching staff should be accountable for:
    Developing a better attitude to defence in the playing group.
    Intelligent player management to identify and develop the talents of individuals.

Today was diabolical. Nothing less than that. The coach is responsible for the performance of the team in every game.

• @LCA:

@Ed Reschs:

@goldcoast tiger:

@Kavi:

Huh? Are your serious? Who is it, if not the coach, who is supposed to teach them to tackle better?

Here’s a couple of ideas that the coaching staff should be accountable for:
    Developing a better attitude to defence in the playing group.
    Intelligent player management to identify and develop the talents of individuals.

Today was diabolical. Nothing less than that. The coach is responsible for the performance of the team in every game.

The defensive coach. Who so it happens has been sacked.

• @GNR4LIFE:

Good to see you lapping it up GCT :deadhorse:

Not sure what you mean. I would have thought that a first grade coach would have had at least recognised the fragility of our defence, I know that JT keeps banging on about how much he’s improved it, but that doesn’t fit with what we see.
    And to simply say that" We beat ourselves" is ludicrous, there was another team there, and they were pretty active during the game.
    It’s one thing bullsh*ting to us at a Presser, but another to keep telling himself that.
    And to say we haven’t had a game like that this year , is a straight out Lie.
    If he really thinks that, then heaven help us next year.
    Just more of the same

• It would be the truth GNR if only Taylor did not harp on about it so much when he came in. He told us in technical details how our previous Tigers teams were poor defensively and that he would be responsible for fixing it.

You know that even though you won’t admit it. You will deflect, something that could might have to become accustomed to if you want to keep backing up JT on everything.

• @Ed Reschs:

@goldcoast tiger:

@Kavi:

Can’t do much worse.
    Maybe a new coach would acknowledge that there was a problem, that’d be a good place to start

• @goldcoast tiger:

@GNR4LIFE:

Good to see you lapping it up GCT :deadhorse:

Not sure what you mean. I would have thought that a first grade coach would have had at least recognised the fragility of our defence, I know that JT keeps banging on about how much he’s improved it, but that doesn’t fit with what we see.
    And to simply say that" We beat ourselves" is ludicrous, there was another team there, and they were pretty active during the game.
    It’s one thing bullsh*ting to us at a Presser, but another to keep telling himself that.
    And to say we haven’t had a game like that this year , is a straight out Lie.
    If he really thinks that, then heaven help us next year.
    Just more of the same

Well when kicked out on the full to start the game. Constantly made mistakes that killed our momentum like when Woods knocked on just over halfway that lead to the Raiders first try, Simona’s idiotic pass, and Grant knocking it on in front of the posts you can understand where that comes from. As good as Canberra were, we didn’t make it easy for ourselves.

Recent Topics