Round 1 2017

• Well here we are, heading into another off season. Except this time is different to any other in the last few years. The way we ended the year, the return of Teddy and the end of the Robbie Farah saga (finally!!) means we head into this off season with what should be a renewed sense of confidence.

A strong off season is really needed as I seriously think 2017 is going to be the toughest and most competitive season ever.
    The cowboys, broncos, melbourne will continue to fly high whilst the sharks, raiders, panthers and titans will improve even more. Clubs like the roosters, manly, warriors and souths will also improve and challenge for the 8. We need alot to go right for us to make the 8 next year but im pretty confident we can make the 8 just from the last 2 months of our season and the obvious cultural change on and off the field.

My 17 for next season:

1. Tedesco
    2. Nofoaluma
    3. Simona
    4. Naqaima
    5. Rankin
    6. Moses
    7. Brooks
    8. Woods ©
    9. Ballin
    10. Sue
    11. Ailoai
    12. Lawerence
    13. Taylor

14. Grant
    15. Ava
    16. Felise
    17. Chee-Kam

Absolute priorities this off season if we are to make the top 8:

• fix the defensive deficiencies on that right hand side (Moses, Naqaima and Nofo)
    • figure out away to limit Simona’s brain dead plays
    • figure out a way for Brooks to complement Moses more effectively and get him more in the game.
    • fix Brooks’ and Moses’ one on one tackling.
    • practice goal kicking every bloody day !!
    • work on earning repeat sets (short kicking game)

If we can improve these facets by at least 50% heading into round 1 2017, the top 8 beckons.

• Liddle will be on the bench ahead of MCK.

• A strong Centre and another aggressive forward and plenty more work on our defence from the coach are the priorities.

I would not even mind letting go of one of our halves to beef up the side and have less spot players in the line.

Canberra just had too many targets today for easy tries.

other teams like Easts, Parra, Souths and Manly will be stronger I think after poor years and we could go backwards if we are not careful.

• Banned

1. Tedesco
    2. Nofoaluma
    3. Whare
    4. Idris/Heleta
    5. Simona
    6. Sironen
    7. Moses
    8. Woods
    9. Taylor
    10. Seumanufagai
    11. Alioai
    12. Evans
    13. Sue

14. Grant
    15. Felise
    16. Lawrence
    17. Liddle

• @Tony33:

My 17 for next season:

1. Tedesco
    2. Nofoaluma
    3. Simona
    4. Naqaima
    5. Rankin
    6. Moses
    7. Brooks
    8. Woods ©
    9. Ballin
    10. Sue
    11. Ailoai
    12. Lawerence
    13. Taylor

14. Grant
    15. Ava
    16. Felise
    17. Chee-Kam

• fix the defensive deficiencies on that right hand side (Moses, Naqaima and Nofo)
    • figure out a way for Brooks to complement Moses more effectively and get him more in the game.

If we can improve these facets by at least 50% heading into round 1 2017, the top 8 beckons.

I mostly agree but Liddle will be there. I hope there’s a new winger & possibly a young forward in the rotation.

• We still don’t know what Liddle will be like in first grade yet.
    He’s only had about 30 minutes so far , may be less.
    This time last year , we were talking up Cherrington, but it only took a couple of games to show that he wasn’t up to it.
    Worth trying Liddle but we’ve got problems if he doesn’t aim up.
    There’s nothing to say that Ballin will play again

• ForumSupporter

OK

!. James Tedesco
    2. David Nofoaluma
    3. Tim Simona
    4. Tautau Moga
    5. Isreal Folau

6. Mitchell Moses
    7. Luke Brooks

8. Aaron Woods
    9. Cameron Smith
    10. Ava Seumanufagai
    11. Josh Aloiai
    12. Chris Lawrence
    13. Elijah Taylor

14. Jacob Liddle
    15. Korbin Sims
    16. Sauaso Sue
    17. Tim Grant

• Need to clone Teddy 16 times in the off season.

It appears it will be a long off season without major reinforcements on the way.

• Sorry of these sides 50% are full of pretenders …these guys failed this season and will fail next season , we as supporters have to see things as the they are,without players being punted and others being brought in me personally think round 1@next season will be the same as round 26 this year .

• 1. James Tedesco
    2. David Nofoluma
    4. Tim Simona

7. Mitchell Moses

8. Aaron Woods
    9. Matt Ballin
    10. Jesse Sue
    11. Josh Aloiai
    13. Elijah Taylor

14. Jacob Liddle
    15. Ava Seumanufgai
    17. JJ Felise

Hopefully the likes of Esan Marsters and Paseka come through as well as guys like Ryland Jacobs and Watson Heleta…

Fill in the blanks

• 1 Tedesco
    2 Nofa
    3 MCK
    4 Simona/Heleta/TBA
    5 Kharwin/Heleta/TBA
    6 Moses
    7 Brooks
    8 Woods
    9 Ballin
    10 Grant
    11 Aloiai
    12 Taylor
    13 Sue

14 Liddle
    15 Ava
    16 JJ
    17 Lawrence/Lovett/Masters

• 1. Tedesco
    2. Nofoaluma
    3. Simona
    4. Whare
    5. Mead
    6. Moses
    7. Brooks
    8. Woods
    9. Ballin
    10. Grant
    11. Aloiai
    12. Ben Currie
    13. E. Taylor

14. Felise
    15. Ava
    16. Lawrence
    17. Liddle

• We need to look at the Raiders and learn from them. They used to rely only on juniors but realised that growing your own is too costly and takes way too long before losing them to other clubs.

Since 2014 (Signings):
    Jordan Rapana (Titans)
    Blake Austin (Tigers)
    Aidan Sezer (Titans)
    Josh Hodgson (England)
    Elliot Whitehead (England)
    Sia Soliola (England)
    Kurt Baptiste (Broncos)
    BJ Lulia (Newcastle)
    Junior Paulo (Eels)

All 9 recruits are in their first grade lineup. They have two signings I can think of that didn’t work Sisa Waqa and FP Nuausala. They ran 15th in 2014, 10th in 2015 and 2nd in 2016.

The decision was made to rely on about 7 or so locally produced players and bring in recruits that are mature and fairly established. If I look at the Tigers I would apply the same strategy and say Teddy, Moses, Woods, Nofo, Lawrence, Simona, Sue (maybe Brooks) would be the WT players that are in the mix.
    We ran 15th in 2015, 9th in 2016 and ??? in 2017.

Who have we recruited that has worked out since 2015? Grant, ET, Aloai, JAC There is a huge difference in the financials of the raiders (Very strong) and well managed by Furner and our club which will hold us back.
    We are 6 recruits short of the Raiders and they signed some established players in Soliola, Lulia, Paulo, Sezer, Austin.

• 1. James Tedesco
    2. David Nofoaluma
    3. New Signing
    4. Michael Chee Kam
    5. Tim Simona
    6. Mitchell Moses
    7. Luke Brooks
    8. Aaron Woods
    9. Matt Ballin
    10. Sauaso Sue
    11. Josh Aloiai
    12. Chris Lawrence
    13. Elijah Taylor

14. Ava Seumanufagai
    15. JJ Felise
    16. Tim Grant
    17. Jacob Liddle

• @Tony33:

Well here we are, heading into another off season. Except this time is different to any other in the last few years. The way we ended the year, the return of Teddy and the end of the Robbie Farah saga (finally!!) means we head into this off season with what should be a renewed sense of confidence.

A strong off season is really needed as I seriously think 2017 is going to be the toughest and most competitive season ever.
    The cowboys, broncos, melbourne will continue to fly high whilst the sharks, raiders, panthers and titans will improve even more. Clubs like the roosters, manly, warriors and souths will also improve and challenge for the 8. We need alot to go right for us to make the 8 next year but im pretty confident we can make the 8 just from the last 2 months of our season and the obvious cultural change on and off the field.

My 17 for next season:

1. Tedesco
    2. Nofoaluma
    3. Simona
    4. Naqaima
    5. Rankin
    6. Moses
    7. Brooks
    8. Woods ©
    9. Ballin
    10. Sue
    11. Ailoai
    12. Lawerence
    13. Taylor

14. Grant
    15. Ava
    16. Felise
    17. Chee-Kam

good post mate! throw in liddle for MCK and that all sounds good

send it in an email to JT 😉

that squad doesnt look half bad. just need to purchase a strong 2nd rower for ~500k pushing aloaia to the bench. wont happen with farahs money all locked up in 2017 though

wouldnt say im excited for 2017, but im eager to see what we can do

Recent Topics