Well here we are, heading into another off season. Except this time is different to any other in the last few years. The way we ended the year, the return of Teddy and the end of the Robbie Farah saga (finally!!) means we head into this off season with what should be a renewed sense of confidence.
A strong off season is really needed as I seriously think 2017 is going to be the toughest and most competitive season ever.
The cowboys, broncos, melbourne will continue to fly high whilst the sharks, raiders, panthers and titans will improve even more. Clubs like the roosters, manly, warriors and souths will also improve and challenge for the 8. We need alot to go right for us to make the 8 next year but im pretty confident we can make the 8 just from the last 2 months of our season and the obvious cultural change on and off the field.
My 17 for next season:
Absolute priorities this off season if we are to make the top 8:
- fix the defensive deficiencies on that right hand side (Moses, Naqaima and Nofo)
- figure out away to limit Simona’s brain dead plays
- figure out a way for Brooks to complement Moses more effectively and get him more in the game.
- fix Brooks’ and Moses’ one on one tackling.
- practice goal kicking every bloody day !!
- work on earning repeat sets (short kicking game)
If we can improve these facets by at least 50% heading into round 1 2017, the top 8 beckons.