Brad Takairangi

• What do people think now about the decision not to keep him big strong centre……

I think he would have been a huge plus big strong good defense hits hard and aggressive just what the Tigers needed Junior burger found a good one

• Yes, it’s hard to fathom why Taylor chose not to have him. He would have been cheap and there was no depth in the centres here….

• He’s shown this year what a stupid decision that was

• What happened there?

• @Telltails:

What happened there?

He signed with the Tigers then Taylor said no and Tigers had to throw a few bucks in as compensation

• @Regan:

@Telltails:

What happened there?

He signed with the Tigers then Taylor said no and Tigers had to throw a few bucks in as compensation

Ok thanks. One that got away - he has had a great season with the Eels.

• Keeping him would have put us over the salary cap and I’m sure we would have kept him if we could have.

• @sideline eye:

Keeping him would have put us over the salary cap and I’m sure we would have kept him if we could have.

As I recall it was just that Taylor didn’t want him.
    If it had anything to do with taking us slightly over the salary cap we should have copped a slap on the wrist fine and kept him.
    We have enough money to pay $750k for someone to play against so money shouldn’t have been a problem.

• @sideline eye:

Keeping him would have put us over the salary cap and I’m sure we would have kept him if we could have.

Not sure if was salary cap he picked ET up after that. unless ET came subsidised by Penrith?

• some you win some you lose. how many players do you see a team buy or keep and they go no where and others they let go or pass on and they become better players.

certainly looks the goods but there is no Grntee he would have made an impact.

• @Tiger Come Lately:

@sideline eye:

Not sure if was salary cap he picked ET up after that. unless ET came subsidised by Penrith?

I’d be very surprised if the Panthers weren’t paying at least some of Taylor’s 2016 contract. They’d already left him in reserve grade for half a season.

• Banned

He wouldn’t be playing like that if he had stayed with us, I’ll guarantee it.

• @Regan:

@Telltails:

What happened there?

No they didn’t!!!

• @Flippedy:

He wouldn’t be playing like that if he had stayed with us, I’ll guarantee it.

Agree, he’d probably have been our worst player ….that’s how we roll :brick:

• @Russell:

@Regan:

@Telltails:

What happened there?

No they didn’t!!!

Who cut him then ?
    We signed him for 3 years to start in 2015 , then let him go !

Recent Topics