Farah exit ushers in new Tigers era

• WWOS ›
    NRL
    Farah exit ushers in new Tigers era

By James MacSmith
    16 hours ago

With Robbie Farah finally gone, Wests Tigers coach Jason Taylor believes he has a side capable of playing the style of football that will earn an NRL finals berth in 2017.

Club legend and 2005 premiership winner Farah was released from the final year of his contract with the Tigers on Saturday night. On Sunday he did a lap of honour at halftime during the Tigers’ 52-10 loss to Canberra, that bundled them out of finals contention. In Farah’s absence Mitchell Moses has become the key to the Tigers’ attack and the young five-eighth brought them to the brink of their first finals appearance since 2011.

“It will be good to have that calmed down,” Taylor said. "And we can settle into the pre-season and just worry about training. For the past few years we have had that playing style where we threw caution to the wind. “But now we are more composed and more controlled, playing a style that wins us games more consistently and that is going to get us to the semi-finals.”

Farah remained sitting on the scoreboard on the Wayne Pearce Hill drinking well after the final siren on Sunday. At halftime he gave an emotional interview with broadcaster Fox Sports. “It’s been really tough, I can’t lie about that,” he said. "I’m a passionate person. I’m an emotional person and sometimes that gets the better of me. It’s definitely got the better of me in the last couple of weeks and it’s been difficult but to have this support throughout has made it much easier to deal with.

"It’s been a tough 12 months and the time’s right for me to move on now.

"It’s probably not going to sink in until I am wearing different colours next year. It is something I thought I would never do but I’m looking forward to a new challenge. “I know I’ve still got some really good footy left in me and I can’t wait to show that next year.”

©AAP2016

• Yep, an era of “if Farah was here…”

• @Jason Taylor:

“But now we are more composed and more controlled, playing a style that wins us games more consistently and that is going to get us to the semi-finals.

• @ragedmachine:

@Jason Taylor:

“But now we are more composed and more controlled, playing a style that wins us games more consistently and that is going to get us to the semi-finals.

lol lol. i was so angry, your vid just cracked me up. Thanks i needed it.

• 😆 @ Karl…

• @Cultured Bogan:

😆 @ Karl…

Did someone tell Karl that Pascoe predicted a top 4 finish for the Tigers in 2017!!

• @tigers2005:

@ragedmachine:

@Jason Taylor:

:roll

• @tigers2005:

@ragedmachine:

@Jason Taylor:

Are you angry because JT is talking about playing semis football?

• oops, once again my bad, I thought this was a Wests Tigers supporters site.

(Sigh)

• Banned

@cqtiger:

oops, once again my bad, I thought this was a Wests Tigers supporters site.

(Sigh)

We are just having our own version of Mad Monday

• @ragedmachine:

@Jason Taylor:

That’s gold !
    :roll

• Semi finals?? what is that? Lets break his quote down:

Composed= Season on the line, we win 1 out of our last 4 gsmes. We got totally annihilated by the panthers and the raiders. Conceding 50 with a sell out at our spiritual ground. As close to a semi as we will get, composed???

Style of play= The great JT told us 13th in defence last year was not good enough,it doesnt matter how good we attack, defence will get you in semis. 2nd last defence so now its our style of olay that will get us into semis, who is he kidding ( you obviously lol).

Am i angry, hell yes.,Our club is being run to the ground by hopeless management snd an even worse coach. At least we all know how much JT’s ego is worth, a cool $750k.

• @ragedmachine:

@Jason Taylor:

Thats Gold! :roll :roll :roll

• @tigers2005:

Semi finals?? what is that? Lets break his quote down:

Composed= Season on the line, we win 1 out of our last 4 gsmes. We got totally annihilated by the panthers and the raiders. Conceding 50 with a sell out at our spiritual ground. As close to a semi as we will get, composed???

Style of play= The great JT told us 13th in defence last year was not good enough,it doesnt matter how good we attack, defence will get you in semis. 2nd last defence so now its our style of olay that will get us into semis, who is he kidding ( you obviously lol).

Am i angry, hell yes.,Our club is being run to the ground by hopeless management snd an even worse coach. At least we all know how much JT’s ego is worth, a cool $750k.

If you think JT is the worse coach. Can you kindly please step up and coach the team… you seem to be more knowledgeable than the coach.

So much negativity in you it’s not funny.

• @4jtigers:

@tigers2005:

Semi finals?? what is that? Lets break his quote down:

If you think JT is the worse coach. Can you kindly please step up and coach the team… you seem to be more knowledgeable than the coach.

So much negativity in you it’s not funny.

I cant coach, but Toovey and Cleary can, and they are both available. They both took teams to a grand final, something we will never see under JT.

Recent Topics