Important notice

in my eyes anyway.

Now ive got your attention, i just want to say something about Blake Lazarus.

I think the poor kid has been put under so much pressure by us supporters. The expectations on the guy are huge and i just want to put a dose of reality on things so Blake doesnt get unfairly judged.

After 2 years out injured he’s making his first grade debut with only a handful of games under his belt. This in itself is an incredible achievement. To come back from 2 knee reconstructions so well shows not only great skill, but great heart.

On Friday, i think we should all be encouraged to support the guy no matter how he plays. If he kicks well, passes well and takes the right options all without doing anything special, then thats mission accomplished in my eyes. This isnt a normal debut, the hurdles he’s had to overcome will remain with him for a long time and while it may make him stronger, it will also put great mental anguish on him leading up to Friday night. This will be an emotional time for him and his family who have had to see him go through what he has, and now he’s about to reap the rewards of his patience and hard work.

Cant wait to see him play. Just keep it simple Blake but back yourself.

@king sirro:

Just keep it simple Blake but back yourself.

Fatherly advice king sirro!!! 😉

Brotherly advice from me: Run riot mate! 😃

Ive had similar concerns KS.
He’s been talked up so much on here, I’m sure he will never live up to somes expectations no matter what he does on Fri.

Has he ever played with benji?
The rest of the team?
Dont think so…one of the experts will know, that in itself is a big enough hurdle

Good luck to him

He has certainly been talked up a lot. I, for one, am not expecting him to be a game breaker. A nice solid first up game would be excellent.

@king sirro:

in my eyes anyway.

On Friday, i think we should all be encouraged to support the guy no matter how he plays. If he kicks well, passes well and takes the right options all without doing anything special, then thats mission accomplished in my eyes.

Cant wait to see him play. Just keep it simple Blake but back yourself.

Absolutely agree… anyting more will be a real bonus, anything less will still be okay, we got our wish to see him there.

Moltzen is a 6-foot half, has more size and has a great long passing game which suits Marshall and Farah’s side-to-side attack.
Moltz also has a great relationship with Marshall - how many times have they put on little chip kicks or early plays knowing exactly what the other player is going to do?

I fear that Lazarus won’t produce this level of game-play (for the fair and obvious reasons) and as such his performance will be seen in less a light.
I only hope his kicking game makes up for any qualities that Moltz has over him.
Good luck fella!

Well said King Sirro.

I agree. He has my support no matter what. I doubt he will dissapoint, but if he doesn’t live up to the expectations of some then I hope people don’t judge harshly otherwise they will be eating their words as he gets more game time and really shows them what it is we have all been raving about.

@BRET:

Well said King Sirro.

I agree. He has my support no matter what. I doubt he will dissapoint, but if he doesn’t live up to the expectations of some then I hope people don’t judge harshly otherwise they will be eating their words as he gets more game time and really shows them what it is we have all been raving about.

You havent seen him do anything in NRL yet, so what if he doesnt live up to your expectations?
Youve clearly placed him up very high.
Youve placed him, yourself above a lot of others…give him a break.

I reckon all Lazo needs to work on is good ball distribution, plenty of talk and take a few last tackle kicks. If he’s got the ball in hand and sees something, back himself and have a crack, that’s the Tigers way and he’s got a smart football brain. He just needs to help relieve a bit of pressure on Benji and Robbie, if they are both playing well I reckon it takes more pressure off Blake as the Bulldogs are going to be more worried about them.

All Lazzo has to do for mine is play a similar game to what Ray Thompson did in his first out for the Cows.

He has two very dominant playmakers in the side and as such can pick and choose his moments.

Ink is right on combinations and this also means that he won’t get the ball as much as he would probably demand it in a normal game.

He does not have to star, he can make mistakes which will be excused for the most part I woud assume, just get through the game, take in and learn from the experience and just find the joy in it. Playing in the NRL is a lifelong dream for these guys and it is important to recognise your achievment by getting there

It takes a lot of character to return yourself after major injuries to fullfill ones dreams (Marshal example),well tommorrow night all the hard work has been done and now to secure yourself a first grade spot.Congatulations on your epic journey…may the footy gods be kind.

I agree with the sentiments in thsi thread. If the kid can put in a par perfromance and just hold his own, giving good distribution to Benji then he will have had a good game.

That said this threead highlights the hypocracy of some fans. Many of the same posters death rode robert lui for his perfromances this season and he did more than simply hold his own.

I wish Lazo the best, I am excited to see what the hype is about, I do not have over the top expectations of him but i also cant wait for Lui to return this season.

Luis first game this year against Manly certainly was a good performance. I think alot of peoples criticism of Lui is centred in the fact that Moltzen was at fullback and was pretty bad there. It makes the team look worse in those occasion.

But anyway roll on Friday and lets hope we see a great team performance against the Bulldogs and get away with a win

if he runs and passes the ball or even puts in a few kicks ill be ecstatic…i dont expect much of him but he must be doing something right to get the nod infront of fitzy or even mullaney

@Balmain Tiger:

if he runs and passes the ball or even puts in a few kicks ill be ecstatic…i dont expect much of him but he must be doing something right to get the nod infront of fitzy or even mullaney

Did you think Mullaney was a chance for getting picked at half?
I dont think he was even close imo

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme