Coach 2017????

• 2016 is done and dusted. With massive hype and excitement last week i was expecting a stellar performance from the boys. The fact we got smashed at our spiritual home ground in front of a packed crowd doesnt sit well with me. If JT cant get them up for this game what chance do we have. He was brought on his defensive claims yet we have gone backwards, with favourites not being held accountable and selected week in week out. I think 2018 will be a break out year for us with big money to spend. In order to get it right, you bring in a new coach with no allegiances or favourites and he cleans up the joint. Identifies who will be here and who wont and who he needs to bring in. I think its time to move JT on. What do you think?

• Give him one more year. There’s no more excuses now.

If he doesn’t make the 8 next year he goes. Anything less than that is a regression.

• I agree with much of what you say but we will not get a new coach next year.The club has painted themselves into a corner by supporting taylor and reduced our cap for next year in supporting him(releasing Farah).I dont believe there is any chance they will sack JT until it is obvious that he is not the man for the job(directors hate to admit they stuffed up).

• We were tipped to be bottom 4. With a bit of luck we could have easily been entrenched in the 8. People are so quick to point to statistics with the defence yet totally ignore the ladder. We went from 15th to 9th. That is an improvement no matter how you try and twist it. He deserves one more yr.

• I don’t rate JT based on his two years with us, but he’s done enough to see out his contract though. No excuses next year though - results or bust.

• Taylor will be the coach next season …no use bringing someone else in with the same plodders.There has been some positives this season and finishing higher up the ladder was a bonus .I personally do not think Taylor has got what it takes to drive the team to the next level ,what he says in pressers just bewilders me to be honest .The club is doing the right thing by getting the cap in order and this seems to be for another season ,so looks like we all have to wait a bit longer to see some real advancements .if the club could just sign a couple of hard heads without breaking the bank things might not be so dramatic next season.

• Pointless question. We have a contracted coach for 2017. Ask again about rd 13 next year

• @Buffalo:

Pointless question. We have a contracted coach for 2017. Ask again about rd 13 next year

We should know well and truly by this time what the future holds for JT.

I agree with Snake. No coach is going to do any better with this roster next yr. Better off bringing one in at the start of 2018 with a new roster and start all over again. Atm we’d be bringing in another coach who didn’t assemble his own roster. That’s never ended well for us.

• Stupid poll
    If we improve again next year Ladder wise so much as we have this year from last, well make the finals.
    You whine & moan about the club paying Farah to play elsewhere… But are happy to pay for TWO coaches next year.
    Hypocrite

• ForumSupporter

Matt Parish

• I don’t have a huge amount of faith in Taylor however every coach deserves 3 years unless they do a terrible job.

JT has clearly not done a terrible job he has improved the team this year from 15th to 9th which is a decent effort.

However there is no way I can trust the guy who comes in bagging past Tigers teams and coaches and harps on about defence and how easy it is to fix, Only to lead us to 15th defensively, with over 600 points conceded and 38 per game with our season on the line.

It gives me very little faith that he is the right man to turn us around.

He ends to make the 8 next year or it will be bye bye JT and highly so.

• @GNR4LIFE:

We were tipped to be bottom 4. With a bit of luck we could have easily been entrenched in the 8. People are so quick to point to statistics with the defence yet totally ignore the ladder. We went from 15th to 9th. That is an improvement no matter how you try and twist it. He deserves one more yr.

Of course he does.

As for Leichhardt oval being the spiritual home of the Weststigers, I think not. Maybe for Balmain. That’s it.

• We need a new coach now, JT failed to get us up for the big end of season games, our defence has regressed, he is a poor man manager and his press conferences are just spin.
    If we give JT another year it might cost us a couple of players we want to keep, and we have a few off contract next year, and they might not want another year of the JT spin.
    It could also hamper our recruitment for 2018, if we had a coach who comes in next year the players here and the potential new ones will know who is coaching in 2018 before they commit.

• Toovey first choice.

Cleary if he can bring his son with him but hard to see that happening.

• They won’t sack him, he will be there next year. If we are 3 losses out of 5 then the sharks will start circling. I’m not a fan of JT but he aint going to get the sack this year.

I like Toov’s but i wouldn’t be unhappy if cleary got the job. Unless we are still in the bottom half of the table and then its groundhog day.

Recent Topics