Josh Starling and Nathan Green

• Both not getting offered new deals at Manly, both would be cheap and could offer some stability in the forwards.

I like Starling, his that metre eater type that we lack and would be a significant upgrade to Lovett!

Green is a good player, a bit of an underrated workhorse, shocked he wasn’t offered a new deal, pass for me but would be better than Lovett lol

Thoughts on the two?

• ForumSupporter

No and No…

As Hobbo would say we have our very own Plodders…

• Not any better than what we already have imo.

• It’s line ball whether either would actually be better than Lovett. I think we should be aiming higher than line ball with Lovett…

• @Geo.:

No and No…

That’s correct , your slowly getting the grasp of the situation !

• No. Our front rowers are better than starling and Green has not shown much. Would take Blake Leary over both

• I have interest if Kane Evans is truly available, but these two guys are pretty ordinary, remind me of Buchanan. I’d rather keep giving Felise a go week to week and see what the other kids like Marsters or Tatola (or eventually Paseka) might be capable of.

• ForumSupporter

@hobbo2803:

@Geo.:

No and No…

Just on that…Which teams don’t have plodders…?

I think jirksyr and I had a Plodder scale going early in the season …Jack Buchanan rated highly on the Plodder scale if memory serves…

Bring it Back I say …so when ever someone suggests a signing to avoid confusion…

You can rate Our Plodders…

• @jirskyr:

I have interest if Kane Evans is truly available, but these two guys are pretty ordinary, remind me of Buchanan. I’d rather keep giving Felise a go week to week and see what the other kids like Marsters or Tatola (or eventually Paseka) might be capable of.

Yep agree with that, I think Starling is a bit underrated but I’d rather Evans over him any day of the week!

• @Geo.:

@hobbo2803:

@Geo.:

No and No…

I think jirksyr and I had a Plodder scale going early in the season …Jack Buchanan rated highly on the Plodder scale if memory serves…

Bring it Back I say …so when ever someone suggests a signing to avoid confusion…

It would be worth patenting IMO……“The Ploddometer”.
    The Cowboys are one team that don’t seem to have any plodders, all of their forwards are pretty dynamic.

• @Fade To Black:

@Geo.:

@hobbo2803:

@Geo.:

No and No…

The Cowboys are one team that don’t seem to have any plodders, all of their forwards are pretty dynamic.

And they all have 3 x houses each, that’s why.

The only premiers to keep the same side together. Early talk was they were losing players next year, all re-signed bar James Tamau. In fact most got pay increases - go figure.

• no

\

• ado Carr
      TMM
      Elijah Taylor
      = yes

• Wouldn’t touch either with a ten foot pole.

• @Fade To Black:

@Geo.:

@hobbo2803:

@Geo.:

No and No…

Quoting from previous:

http://www.weststigersforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=207&t=25987&p=677106&hilit=plodder+scale#p677106

Good idea Geo.

I suggest rating plodders at one of 5 levels - A thru E.

Easiest way to accomplish is to rate them out of 5 for the key plodder indicators (KPIs) and grade into which bracket of 5 they fall, out of 25 (Plodder Grade E 0-5, Grade D 6-10, Grade C 11-15, Grade B 16-20, Grade A 21+).

For example, Buchanan:
    explosiveness = 2/5
    speed = 1/5
    girth = 5/5
    wrongness of head = 4/5
    games played vs overall ability = 3/5
    TOTAL = 15/25 = Plodder Grade C (an “upper C”, if you will)

On reflection, I am not sure whether a Grade-A plodder should come to mean quite a good player, or flip it over and make a Grade-A plodder the “most ploddery” of all plodders.

• Interesting pondering of a plodder scale.

Recent Topics