Will Pat Richards join the coaching stafff in 2017?

Given what Pat said at his retirement from English Super League, will he be brought on board to start a coaching career within the Wests Tigers organization?

Extract from : ww.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/pat-richards-forced-to-retire-from-rugby-league-with-knee-injury-20160818-gqw255.html

“The prolific goalkicker last month signalled his intentions to return to Australia to take up a junior development role at the end of the season at Wests Tigers.”

I’d say that quote answers your question.

Can he come on after we score tries and just kick the goals for us next season?

I have no idea why Patty never tried out for the NFL. He probably could have punted for 10 years over there.

Can we sign him for minimum wage and let Rankin go, even with a bung leg that is a good deal.

@851:

Can we sign him for minimum wage and let Rankin go, even with a bung leg that is a good deal.

Pat was less than ordinary in his last season. Even his kicking dropped off.

He was the best winger WT have ever had and the 2nd best i have seen at the tigers.Larry Corowa was in a class of his own.If Pat came back and improved our goal kickers i would be delighted it is an area we are sadly lacking,JT was a reasonable goal kicker but he has done nothing to improve that area in our game

@ricksen:

I’m guessing Tiger One is differentiating junior development and coaching staff. Wouldn’t hurt to get him in for a yarn, esp. with Simona.

@wd in perth:

@851:

Yes I have to agree, but he would be great to have around the club, maybe goal kicking coach !!

@jadtiger:

He was the best winger WT have ever had

coughTuiakicough

@tigeress:

@wd in perth:

@851:

Yes I have to agree, but he would be great to have around the club, maybe goal kicking coach !!

I don’t know, I struggle to see what a goal kicking coach can tell a kicker on ways to improve. I mean, they don’t even have to build a sandcastle any more. 😆

Richards in 05 was great. Tuiaki in my opinion definitely played a lot more high quality footy for us than Richards did.

We let Koro go to play a slow past it Richards. It was a huge mistake.

Richards might be good for the club though. He seems like a quality guy.

@Masterton:

@ricksen:

I’m guessing Tiger One is differentiating junior development and coaching staff. Wouldn’t hurt to get him in for a yarn, esp. with Simona.

If he’s doing work with the juniors, he’ll be around to assist with the seniors in some capacity.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.