2016 report card

• Tedesco A - excellent season. Needs to keep developing combinations which have him working back through the ruck ala Ben barba.
    Nofo B - progressing nicely, although needs to be mentally stronger particularly in defense
    Simona C - tapered off as season progressed. Needs to find ways to be more involved when things aren’t working to his side, like a hodges or Jennings. Better early ball would help.
    Kev D - poor inconsistent season particularly in defense. Has the first 6 games in 2017 to prove he is a first grader.
    Rankin C+ - toiled hard but to guarantee a place in 2017 will need to show he can handle a variety of positions. Possibly a bench utility if we can find an 80min hooker.
    Moses B - needs to eliminate the all or nothing plays and improve one on one defense. Look at brad Fittler video.
    Brooks C - needs to be stronger mentally and physically. Goes missing too often at crucial times.needs a big off season.
    Woods A - developing nicely as a leader of men. Keep doing what you are doing.
    liddle/ballin - position up for grabs for someone who prices that have the physical capability to grind of 50-60mins.
    Sue B+ - good season but needs to give woods more support when the going gets tough. Needs to grow into a team leader.
    Lawrence - C form waned possibly as a result of Farah saga, injury or first full season in forwards.
    Aioli B+ - big off season and he could be anything
    Et B+ - needs to continue to work on his combinations and become the swing player, either ball player, hole runner or defensive workhorse.
    Ava B+ - progressing but needs to progress faster so he is a legitimate replacement for woods
    Grant C - inconsistent. Why?
    Lovett C - needs to hit and run harder.
    Edwards C- big off season required. Needs to tighten up our ruck defense
    Sirro E - bring a new attitude or you will be shopped
    Jac b+ - plenty of potential but still major areas of improvement. Strength and mental toughness.
    I would be trading hard to try and bring some more quality and allow room for younger players to come in. Trade rankin, Ava, Edwards, Kev, grant for a proper centre, impact bench prop and backrower

• Without going right through the roster, Teddy,Woods and Moses on what we saw this year would walk into most sides

Nofoaluma,Brooks,Taylor,Simona,Grant,Ava,Josh A,Sue and Lawrence are middle of the road fgraders.

Rankin,Lovett,Edwards,Nagamia are reserve gradders

• @supercoach:

Without going right through the roster, Teddy,Woods and Moses on what we saw this year would walk into most sides

Nofoaluma,Brooks,Taylor,Simona,Grant,Ava,Josh A,Sue and Lawrence are middle of the road fgraders.

That’s a pretty fair summary, I think Nofo and Aloiai can develop into decent regular first graders though.

• Agree with most of this, but I wouldn’t be trading Ava.

• @supercoach:

Without going right through the roster, Teddy,Woods and Moses on what we saw this year would walk into most sides

That is about right, I would say though that both Rankin and Naiqama have had games this year that were quality, unfortunately their poor games are very average. Lovett on the other hand hasn’t been spectacular, but probably hasn’t been terrible either.Don’t see the appeal of Edwards.

Am happy for Rankin, Naiqama and Lovett to be in the 25 to replace injuries etc, but probably not our first 17. That said, if Rankin was kicking at 80% i wouldn’t have a problem with him being in the side on the back of utility value…

• Banned

Farah didn’t do too badly either

• What does JT get

• @Born tiger:

What does JT get

JT wins gold for one reason alone and we all know what that is

• I know that I will get murdered for saying this but there are a lot of our forwards that don’t show up two weeks in a row, they have a really great game one week and the next week you wouldn’t give a squirt for them.

• @bathursttiger:

I know that I will get murdered for saying this but there are a lot of our forwards that don’t show up two weeks in a row, they have a really great game one week and the next week you wouldn’t give a squirt for them.

No need to worry mate, absolutely agree

• until lawrence can tackle better id have edwards in front of him

• Banned

Woods was a B - this year.
    Some of you need to watch his game and don’t just go off his stats which he pads with easy runs and flops.
    He’s a bloody big girl.

• My 2 cents…

Superior contribution - Teddy

Valued contribution - Moses, Nofo, Ava, Lawrence, Grant, Sue, Taylor, Felise, Woods

Requires development - Kev, Simona, Rankin, Brooks, Aloiai, Lovett, Edwards, Siro, MCK

• @Born tiger:

What does JT get

Did not meet his KPI’s so should be under review imo. A fail is a fail whether it is 1 point or 100.

• Banned

@supercoach:

I’d break it down like this:-

Top shelf players. Woods, Moses & Tedesco.

Outside backs. Nofo is great. Simona is potentially great but went backwards last year. Naiqama is a decent first grader. Rankin is basically a reserve grade player.

Halves. Brooks could be really good. At the moment he is definitely a decent first grader.

Hooker. This to me is a massive issue. I have no idea who is going to step up. Liddle to me didn’t look great in first grade. His service was worse than Robbies. He did look quick off the mark though. I hope he is really good. Cherrington in reserve grade looked great to me.

Backrow. ET, Lawrence and JA are all average first graders with different upsides. ET is fantastic in some ways but doesn’t bend the line. JA can bend the line but goes missing and he was really caught out against Canberra. Lawrence is decent but not someone who is going to have a big impact. I’m not sure if JA is really a prop and not a backrower but our props are really good. I think that this is an area where we need some changes. Maybe Siro deserves another run.

Props. This is a massive strength. Grant, Ava & Sue are all good. JJ Felise looks to be potentially better than all 3 of these guys. I’m not sure if really Josh A is a prop as well.

Considering we had Robbie we underperformed this year. Last year was beyond ordinary.

We don’t need huge changes to our team.

Recent Topics