Ennis mocks Raiders viking clap

• Ennis mocks Raiders viking clap

7Sport on September 10, 2016, 9:20 pm

Raiders fans were naturally not too pleased after giving up a late lead to go down 14-16 to the Sharks at home, but they had even more reason to be upset after Sharks hooker Michael Ennis made a bee-line for them once the final siren went.

Ennis didn’t hesitate to wind up the home fans, sarcastically mocking their beloved viking clap, with his own version. And of course they hated it, taking to Twitter to give it to him.

• It’s what he does. Oddly enough off the field he seems a reasonable sort of bloke based on his tv appearances.

• Good on him, we didn’t have a problem when Taupau mocked the Rabbits crowd and i don’t mind it when other players do it. Little bit of Banter is always good.

• This sort of thing can go two ways, it can develop a real siege mentality among the group, or it can give every other team some extra motivation to rub the Sharks nose in it!!!

Ennis has being doing it for years and it might be a bad look but he ends up a winner a lot of the time. I don’t like it myself, but I would love to see our mob develop a winning culture, rather been seen as a bad winner than a bad looser

• @Milky:

Good on him, we didn’t have a problem when Taupau mocked the Rabbits crowd and i don’t mind it when other players do it. Little bit of Banter is always good.

Speak for yourself. Was a grub act from Taupau and it was a grub act from Ennis.

• I didn’t see it but it sounds pretty funny to me. Raiders fans have been far too smug of late.

• Yeah but every player has their comeuppance and it doesn’t do any good to wind up opposition supporters.

Hating footballers, for mine, is not a good reason to be watching or going to the football, this is not WWE.

• hahaha dont like him but thats pretty funny

he would have copped it all game, great stuff

• I thought it was hilarious. Especially considering the hype over the viking clap is way over the top… they’re just clapping! And it’s nothing new… for one, they stole it from the iceland football fans, and it’s also essentially the same clap done at a cricket match when a fast bowler runs in to bowl

• @GNR4LIFE:

@Milky:

Good on him, we didn’t have a problem when Taupau mocked the Rabbits crowd and i don’t mind it when other players do it. Little bit of Banter is always good.

Speak for yourself. Was a grub act from Taupau and it was a grub act from Ennis.

Oh please, spare me some.

• @GNR4LIFE:

@Milky:

:bawling

Want a tissue ???

• I didnt mind it thought it was pretty funny actually. There was a shot on fox sports shot of raiders fans screaming and giving him the finger while he was Viking clapping to their faces hahaha

• @marzie:

I didnt mind it thought it was pretty funny actually. There was a shot on fox sports shot of raiders fans screaming and giving him the finger while he was Viking clapping to their faces hahaha

Agree , it was great theatre !
    The Raiders fans gave as good as Ennis gave .

• It’s one thing winding up opposition players…. Another thing winding up their fans.
    I don’t like it.
    Go over to your own fans and celebrate a win… Only thing worse than a bad winner is a sore loser

• Crowd dishes it out for 80 minutes then they want to have a whinge when Ennis mocks their viking clap?

I thought it was good theatre.

Harden up Raiders fans.

The only thing is like super coach said, the coach might be telling Mick, mate you might be giving these other fans and teams 1% more motivation. So as a coach I mightn’t like it.

However as a fan, play on.

Recent Topics