Broncos to contest Roberts kicking charge

• Broncos are contesting James Roberts’ kicking charge at the judiciary. Their defence is supposedly going to be along the lines of " the Titans Ryan Simpkins contributed to being kicked by playing not within the spirit of the game by laying in the ruck"! That is what is being reported on Fox Sports. My god. Some things are beyond belief.
    The NRL had already agreed to help out the Broncos by shifting the judiciary hearing from Wednesday night to Tuesday night- would they shift the date to help any other club do you think?
    Wouldn’t surprise to see him get off the charge. Another one to add to the list of unbelievable judiciary blunders if that’s the case.
    Wonder how many month’s suspension Bryce Gibbs would of received if he had booted someone laying defenceless on the ground during his playing career for WT? He used to get 2 weeks every time he farted in a scrum.

• Banned

• Hahaha nice one!
    He’s got too much hair to be Unca Wayne, maybe it’s Andrew Gee.

• no reason not to contest it. get the same number of weeks either way im pretty sure

• @pHyR3:

no reason not to contest it. get the same number of weeks either way im pretty sure

I’m not complaining that they are contesting it.
    I am saying if he gets off the charge then it is an absolute #%#%#%# disgrace. Kicking a bloke in the back whilst he is lying on the ground is a low act.
    But hey, he’s a Bronc, let’s let it slide!

• ForumSupporter

Going with ‘Didn’t use enough force defence’ …followed up with ‘it’s not his go’

• @Geo.:

Going with ‘Didn’t use enough force defence’ …followed up with ‘it’s not his go’

ahhh its just the vibe of the whole thing, you know?

• I reckon he will get off!

• Of course they are. It is the Broncos and he will get off.

• @Fade To Black:

Hahaha nice one!
    He’s got too much hair to be Unca Wayne, maybe it’s Andrew Gee.

No he is chairing the judiciary tomorrow

• “He lost his balance…”
    “He was just trying to clear the ruck…”
    “There was no malice…”
    “There was no backswing…”
    “Injuring Ryan Simpkins probably would have helped the Titans…”

• @Geo.:

Could use the, “He had been drinking”, defence. Oh wait….

• If you can smash a players jaw with your forearm and get off, I suppose Roberts doesn’t have a worry in the world. Just a minor lash out with the boots and of course he plays for the Donkeys.

• simona gets 3 weeks for nothing and this half of a man player that has more drunken incidents than a class of alcoholics anonymous kicks someone maliciously and might get off #NRLBestCodeInAus

• @Geo.:

😆 I laugh every time I hear someone say “it’s not his go”. That is not an acceptable defence!

Recent Topics