Woods:True Blue Award

……NSW VB Blues front-rower Aaron Woods, who ran more metres than any forward from both NSW and Queensland across the series, was presented with the True Blue Award for displaying qualities upon which the team culture is built.

“Aaron is great to have in camp. He shows true leadership qualities and displays a special kind of toughness on the field,” Daley said…

http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2016/09/12/jackson_claims_brad_.html

Good stuff Woodsy.
He’s obviously impressing the right people with his leadership qualities.

I have to admit, once Farah was dropped from the side I think Woodsy really started to shine as a leadership figure. He looked to take on a more imposing presence on the field, especially when we were winning. If he could continue to produce that leadership when we’re behind and shun the goofy image on the field he may become that sort hardened leader this club has lacked, the only other player to have ever really been that was Farah.

Good on him! Well done.

Congratulations to the best NSW prop and with Bronwich the best prop in NRL :sign:

Next Blues captain!

I wonder if he gets the SOO captaincy next year.

I think he had his best year for us.

I think people’s perceptions of Woods are diluted due to the fact he has a personality. The bloke has reached the pinnacle of the game and is a mainstay for the Blues in an age where we are crying out for genuine quality. Yet he still gets bagged? I don’t understand some people here at times…he’s a genuine player in his position, he has footwork at the line, he consistently gets over the advantage line and can ball play, let alone is in contention for the blues captaincy. Yep, he’s useless

@palms:

I think people’s perceptions of Woods are diluted due to the fact he has a personality. The bloke has reached the pinnacle of the game and is a mainstay for the Blues in an age where we are crying out for genuine quality. Yet he still gets bagged? I don’t understand some people here at times…he’s a genuine player in his position, he has footwork at the line, he consistently gets over the advantage line and can ball play, let alone is in contention for the blues captaincy. Yep, he’s useless

Yep ……But, he couldn’t throw a HighFive if his life depended on it.
The blokes a bloody liability on the field.
What if we were in a GF, (yes this is a joke) …and he took out Tedesco and a couple of our other blokes with one of his wildly errant Hi Fives,
-and god help him if he was near the Ref at the same time, and collected him as well.
They wouldn’t have enough ambulances to take care of the injured.

He’s a ticking time bomb, and should not be allowed near a football field until he shows that he’s learnt to completely control his HI Five action.
Under sevens are taught this important skill, and can be relied on to do it consistently at a high level of accuracy.

Forget The wrestling in the rucks , the missed forward passes , and Cory Parkers spear tackles. And even Todd Carneys Bubbler .
Aaron Woods’s High Fives are undoubtedly the greatest blight on the game since it’s conception.
He’s got no right to be in any team until he can satisfy the NRL that he has worked on this critical part of his game, and has some control of it.
Just imagine if we should win an Origin game and he got overexcited , and wanted to hi five the whole team as well as some nearby supporters.
The terror in the crowd would know no bounds.
This Boofhead is probably completely unaware of the potential carnage that he could inflict on unsuspecting team mates or supporters, but until he can show some responsibility for
His lethal actions …He should be banned from the game. :rant

Not to mention the example he is setting for kids all over the Asia-Pacific region. Imagine the carnage at schools with kids replicating such a man.

And don’t get me started on him not conforming to a military culture of short back and sides haircuts… 😲

@goldcoast tiger:

@palms:

Yep ……But, he couldn’t throw a HighFive if his life depended on it.
The blokes a bloody liability on the field.
What if we were in a GF, (yes this is a joke) …and he took out Tedesco and a couple of our other blokes with one of his wildly errant Hi Fives,
-and god help him if he was near the Ref at the same time, and collected him as well.
They wouldn’t have enough ambulances to take care of the injured.

He’s a ticking time bomb, and should not be allowed near a football field until he shows that he’s learnt to completely control his HI Five action.
Under sevens are taught this important skill, and can be relied on to do it consistently at a high level of accuracy.

Forget The wrestling in the rucks , the missed forward passes , and Cory Parkers spear tackles. And even Todd Carneys Bubbler .
Aaron Woods’s High Fives are undoubtedly the greatest blight on the game since it’s conception.
He’s got no right to be in any team until he can satisfy the NRL that he has worked on this critical part of his game, and has some control of it.
Just imagine if we should win an Origin game and he got overexcited , and wanted to hi five the whole team as well as some nearby supporters.
The terror in the crowd would know no bounds.
This Boofhead is probably completely unaware of the potential carnage that he could inflict on unsuspecting team mates or supporters, but until he can show some responsibility for
His lethal actions …He should be banned from the game. :rant

Oh so funny :roll

@palms:

He isnt useless, he would make a great bench rotation player when we find the correct players to fill the prop positions.

I reckon Mal will have him starting Prop for Australia…

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.