3rd party deals

• A friend was telling me that the NRL is refusing to sign off on any 3rd party deals involving Harry or Meriton as the believe that they are still closely associated with the club. Does anyone know whether this is true, or just a rumour doing the rounds

• Stop the poor clubs from tpas, why dont they just give us half of the cap while they are at it…
    Our lord and savior TT might know

• We need to confirm how setting up a corporate entity to attract 3rd parties works. Apparently Parramatta’s premiership club was completely illegal and resulted in points being docked, while the Broncos thoroughbred club is completely legal and above board and tips in who knows how much (no 3rd party info is published) to top up contracts of players with the club

• @Harvey:

We need to confirm how setting up a corporate entity to attract 3rd parties works. Apparently Parramatta’s premiership club was completely illegal and resulted in points being docked, while the Broncos thoroughbred club is completely legal and above board and tips in who knows how much (no 3rd party info is published) to top up contracts of players with the club

Never going to happen, its the nrl… they cant even get the judiciary or the refs systems to work properly

• This sounds about right….other clubs have been getting away with blue murder and when we try and compete…nrl is doing a really bad job as always

• It wouldnt surprise me at all.If you are not one of the “chosen” clubs Donkeys Turkeys or Pups you have different interpretations on what you can do

• You either have open slather and in five or six years we will have about 5 team comp because all the other clubs would go belly up or you have a level playing field. At present the playing field is as level as the Himalayas, and TPA’s are going to eventually have the same effect as a open slather system, because it destroys any chance of a level playing field

• I had a chat with Harry earlier this year. I also spoke to 2 of his associates,they told me that Harry didn’t like previous management,thats why he pulled sponsorship,but he would be providing TPAs. Can’t see how NRL could have issues with this.

• It’s been a rigged field for years.

The NRL have been pretty smart in one area though. All clubs receive a substantial amount of funding through the TV deals, enough funding to cover their salary cap needs. This, in conjunction with salary cap policing, just about guarantees that clubs won’t go broke. Thus keeping to their contract with the media giants.

What it does do though, is keep the status quo most years.
    The status quo being that the elite clubs, stay elite by staying up the top most years. Ok there will be the odd years when these clubs will miss the too 8. Rebuilding years etc. but din’t kid yourself the bronc, cowbies, rorters, storm, dogs etc will always be up there … Because of things like TPAs and other ‘little thing’

Bronco’s playing every Friday night (7 day turn arounds) oh it’ll change under the new tv deal they say. They will alternate between Thursdays and Fridays that’s all

Nuff said

• I’m sure I heard somewhere the NRL was looking at capping or formalising the TPA agreements. There has to be transparency and also sometimes the NRL cuts its nose off to spite its face. Why turn legit money away from the sport, manage it better and everyone prospers.

Make penalties harsher for the cheaters as well. Parra was let off lightly IMO the fact that they could potentially make the 8 after penalties was wrong.

• What conspiracy theory nonsense in this thread from an unsubstantiated rumour.

As far as I am aware from TT, Harry T has already been paying TPAs including this season.

• If he is not sponsoring the club in any way, shape or form, he cannot be stopped from providing TPA’s.

By that logic, the Broncos would be $89,279,812,749,827,348,724,823,048,623,046 over the cap due to the Thoroughbreds being deemed an illegitimate TPA provider.

• @Cultured Bogan:

If he is not sponsoring the club in any way, shape or form, he cannot be stopped from providing TPA’s.

By that logic, the Broncos would be $89,279,812,749,827,348,724,823,048,623,046 over the cap due to the Thoroughbreds being deemed an illegitimate TPA provider.

Don’t forget Uncle Nick and his network at the roosters!

• does anyone know who does TPAs for the dogs, broncos and roosters?

i highly doubt its an ex-major sponsor….

blah blah the NRL hates us, the system is against us

• @Cultured Bogan:

If he is not sponsoring the club in any way, shape or form, he cannot be stopped from providing TPA’s.

Seems simple doesn’t it. If he’s not sponsoring in any way what other ties does he have with them apart from being a Tigers fan. Shouldn’t take the NRL long to work that out.

Unfortunately we can’t have a Bronco’s Thoroughbreds setup as Tigers are solitary animals. Suppose that’s why we only have Harry.

Recent Topics