Beast Mode...Sign him up..

• ForumSupporter

• can he kick goals?

• ForumSupporter

@Kavi:

can he kick goals?

Who cares…

• A young Sam kasiano

• Unfortunately it’s what has been shown in the Nswrl research to be turning a lot of kids and parents away from League. It’s one of the top three reasons
    And the driving force behind the creation of a weight for age competition in Junior league in NSW, and hopefully in Qld as well,
    Qld aren’t as far advanced with it yet, but there is a series of carnivals being run To gauge the acceptance of the concept, in NSW. And there has already been some trials of the weigh/age system

Penrith are very much involved, and other Clubs are looking at getting their juniors to go the same way with the aim of making it throughout NSW
    We have the same problem on the Gold Coast .
    At times , kids sometimes have to play against others who may be up to two to three times their weight.
    Kids in the younger ages are dropping out of the game because of it.
    And it has to be addressed, if we want to keep those kids.
    It’s not the only reason, but it’s one of the biggest ones.
    Seeing small kids getting swatted like that is not a good look for Junior league
    Especially when there is , at times , some conjecture over accurate Dates of Birth. In some cases.
    Fortunately some clubs are looking at ways to consider Weights as well as age.

Nathan Cleary’s experience , highlighted the problem when he said that , had it not been for that system being used where he lived in NZ , He would’ve given up the game when he was a young kid, because of the size of players, ( like a lot of kids)
    The game can’t afford to keep losing young kids.

The dangers to the smaller kids, from kids such as in the Video, have to be considered in the younger ages games.
    Some of the bigger kids are more the " gentle giants"
    But some of the stuff in that video, while at first glimpse seemed funny to a couple of the parents at the game , is just dangerous to the smaller kids, and should not be a part of under 8,s games.

• Banned

At that age wouldn’t it be better if they were only playing touch footie? I thought exactly the same as GCT - why would those little guys ever want to play again. Plus their parents can’t be thrilled about it. A 28 y.o. player with 2 children died at Murwillumbah after a tackle.
    http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/grant-cook-28-dies-after-rugby-league-tackle/news-story/bc004a8500bd3ee8dc7488db8462d6cd

• what was it when I was a kid back in the dark ages…5stone 7’s 6 stone 7’s and 7 stone 7’s. Before every game you jumped on the scales.

Than playing Rugby in the central west as a kid they had a scale of age weight and height up to u16’s and that also seemed to work, although I was a small kid so I got to play against younger kids so it was a bit of shock when I hit u16s

• Pretty impressed that an 8 year old can grow a beard.

• Just wait til he turns 16 and kids figure out how to tackle properly…

• @Tigerdon:

Pretty impressed that an 8 year old can grow a beard.

That kid also drives a forklift at AlDI in the evening 😆

• @jirskyr:

Just wait til he turns 16 and kids figure out how to tackle properly…

Exactly , when my young blokes team comes up against opposition players like that , we will have one player go in for the ankles , the other goes in with a sneaky swinging arm at the kegs .
    They soon drop 😆

…plus the majority of the time you’ll find that these obese kids are only good for 2 hit ups per game !

• Sign him up 😆 He will meet his match and then will see how effective he is.
    He is on the road to nowhere if he doesn’t change his eating habits.

• @jirskyr:

That’s where most of these kids get a shock, as they’ve been able to have a free crack at the smaller kids ever since they started, then when they get sat on their backsides, a lot don’t like it.

The other side of the problem is that they mostly haven’t learnt much over their early days in the game , as their height and weight have got them through, and when that advantage is lessened or gone, they can be pretty innefective.
    But in the meantime some of the smaller kids have been " bullied" out of the game.

• @jirskyr:

Some never figure it out.

• @Byron Bay Fan:

At that age wouldn’t it be better if they were only playing touch footie? I thought exactly the same as GCT - why would those little guys ever want to play again. Plus their parents can’t be thrilled about it. A 28 y.o. player with 2 children died at Murwillumbah after a tackle.
    http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/grant-cook-28-dies-after-rugby-league-tackle/news-story/bc004a8500bd3ee8dc7488db8462d6cd

B.B.F, I haven’t seen much of a problem with playing Tackle as they have already taken steps to make it safer. , but no ones been willing to state the obvious . That playing against massive kids like this one is dangerous to the smaller kids.
    The new system will help in that way, and apart from that, it’s a pretty safe game and though I’ve seen a lot of bruises and scratches, I’ve never seen a serious injury in the Mini andMod games, over a lot of years (I’m not saying it hasn’t happened, but I’ve never seen it).
    But with the increase over the years of size of some of the players,
    It needs more attention from the League
    It amazes me how many little kids stay in the game and keep trying against some of these bigger kids, but it’s time that they make some of these kids have to play against kids more their own size

Recent Topics