Where is the Cleanout Line in 2017?

• Having just read the Des clean out, I started to wonder about us and a clean out or changing of the guard - call it what you like. When and what is the trigger?

This is not just about JT it is about the whole team - where I refer to team it includes JT

If we get to round 5 and we are going well do we plan to keep the team? Do we have 3 review points 5 weeks, post origin and end of year?

Or do we say, at 8 if you are not 4plus wins you and you and you won’t be here next year?

If we are going to have money for 2018 and a number of players are off contract do we want to make the decision early or wait till end of year?

I would say make the call early on the coach so what ever the outcome they have a good look in 2017 and can build for 2018.

If the topic is boring then it will die of natural causes!

• zzzzzzzzzzzzz…bring on April 2017…

but we need to clear out some dead player wood…Id be starting with Curtis Sirronen, Joel Edwards…

We need a good winger, preferably one who can kick goals (Carlin Anderson) and a powerhouse 2nd rower, one who runs great lines…on the coaching team we need someone who can teach the lads defense…I mean teach not talk…

• Sironen has reached his peak in the NRL hard to see him playing in the top grade again, would be the first followed by many more and until the club has some serious $$ nothing much will change

• Clean out should of happened last year, but we signed more rubbish depth players like Hunt, Little John & Rankin to allow us to pay overs for half our squad which once again failed.

Some tough calls need to be made at the Tigers, but we seem to baulk when it comes to releasing our junior talent. If you want to play in the Finals each year, you cant afford to allow under-performing players stay regardless who you offend.

The big broom needs to come out for:

Naiqama
    Simona
    Rankin
    Hunt
    Little John
    Sironen
    Lovett
    Lawrence
    Grant

The sooner we realise the NYC & Reserve Grade are not relevant, the smarter our recruitment will become

• ForumSupporter

I’m a big fan of the cleanout threads…

Why cause no one ever comes up with the solution of replacements…When you shop at Go-Lo…the Reject Shop is not a step up…

:dead :dead

• @Geo.:

Why cause no one ever comes up with the solution of replacements…When you shop at Go-Lo…the Reject Shop is not a step up…

But the reject shop has nevile nobodies on $75k… We have our nevilles on $250-$300k contracts!

• ForumSupporter

@Tiger Watto:

@Geo.:

But the reject shop has nevile nobodies on $75k… We have our nevilles on $250-$300k contracts!

You still have to pay the Nevilles under contract and you want to replace them with cheaper Nevilles…while paying the current Nevilles to play elsewhere…you might get away with 1-2 players but not 10…

Solid recruitment strategy…By 2021 we should have a competitive side…put your hand up…there could be a job opening up in recruitment soon…

again… :dead

• I thought Watson Heleta & Jeremey Marsh. King looked really good yesterday in our NSW Cup loss to Mounties.

Also thought Hunt went well at 7.

Its easy to go out and buy 2nd rate depth but unless we can add someone who would add to our NRL squad then we should save our money.

I thought Sirro was disappointing yesterday….Jarrod Kennedy is 3 times the player. Maybe we should be targeting him for depth ??? At 27 years old certainly comes with experience/maturity.

• It’s all well and good to have a long list of clean out contenders, but you need to come up with an equal list of better signings. I just want the club to pay people what they’re worth rather than what they’re potentially gonna be worth.

• Why would we move littlejohn on? We need depth in the halves and he proves to fill the void well.
    I can’t remember him doing anything bad on the field.

• I’d agree to part with Rankin Sironen probably not Edwards he’s the only back rower that has ticker and can hit in D. His O is where he lacks potential……we do need a big aggressive mobile backrower.
    Hunt trumps Rankin I believe and we’ll have Heleta coming on as well. Masters might be worth a shot also. Alioia will be in the mix also.
    The one aspect we really do lack especially in the backs is height with Nofa Naquima Heleta Hunt all have ticker but are on the short side. Simona has the goods but has way too many brain explosions for my liking.
    Prop rotation isn’t too bad just need more consistent weeks out of them. Then coming to the dummy halves time will tell whether Ballin plays next season…do we use Liddle early in season under Ballins tutoring or we use him in conjunction with say a JLJ who I rate as a player.
    Lots to play out over the next couple of months then into the season I think the onus has to be on JT to try and get the best out of Brooks (8 rounds should sort that out I reckon)
    So bring on the off season and let’s get this team together ohh and sort out the O’Neill thing as quick as possible.

• @matchball:

Why would we move littlejohn on? We need depth in the halves and he proves to fill the void well.
    I can’t remember him doing anything bad on the field.

In fact based on his efforts I think we need him more that ever.

• @Tiger Come Lately:

Having just read the Des clean out, I started to wonder about us and a clean out or changing of the guard - call it what you like. When and what is the trigger?

This is not just about JT it is about the whole team - where I refer to team it includes JT

If we get to round 5 and we are going well do we plan to keep the team? Do we have 3 review points 5 weeks, post origin and end of year?

Or do we say, at 8 if you are not 4plus wins you and you and you won’t be here next year?

If we are going to have money for 2018 and a number of players are off contract do we want to make the decision early or wait till end of year?

I would say make the call early on the coach so what ever the outcome they have a good look in 2017 and can build for 2018.

If the topic is boring then it will die of natural causes!

The sad comparison between us and Dessie’s dogs is that the Bulldogs board are fed up paying top dollar for facilities and backup staff each year. The bulldogs pay more than any other club in these areas and their board want more for the money they are investing.

We, on the other hand, have the worst facilities of any club. Add to that no money to spend - period - then our year is a success.

But we don’t have lofty ambitions, either.

• @Tiger Watto:

Clean out should of happened last year, but we signed more rubbish depth players like Hunt, Little John & Rankin to allow us to pay overs for half our squad which once again failed.

Some tough calls need to be made at the Tigers, but we seem to baulk when it comes to releasing our junior talent. If you want to play in the Finals each year, you cant afford to allow under-performing players stay regardless who you offend.

Naiqama
    Simona
    Rankin
    Hunt
    Little John
    Sironen
    Lovett
    Lawrence
    Grant

The sooner we realise the NYC & Reserve Grade are not relevant, the smarter our recruitment will become

what do little john and hunt have to do with anything??

you want us to stop recruiting for NSW Cup… then who will play reggies for us?? :crazy

theyre backup players, pretty obvious.

it means we didnt have enough space in our cap to make a big 500k+ purchase like you want

• Banned

@Tiger Watto:

Clean out should of happened last year, but we signed more rubbish depth players like Hunt, Little John & Rankin to allow us to pay overs for half our squad which once again failed.

Naiqama
    Simona
    Rankin
    Hunt
    Little John
    Sironen
    Lovett
    Lawrence
    Grant

We’d be worse than where we are now.

I don’t see the need for a cleanout. We’ve had a fair turn over of players over the last couple of years. I think we simply need smart recruitment and retention decisions.

We shouldn’t be buying players like Blair thinking that is the path to success.

Recent Topics