NRL: Bird faces axe at Titans after altercation

• NRL: Bird faces axe at Titans after altercation
    By AAP
    4 hours ago

Blues hard man Greg Bird will be at the centre of an NRL investigation after an incident outside a pub in northern NSW. The NRL career of Gold Coast star Greg Bird is under a cloud after revelations he is being investigated over an alleged drunken incident at a Brunswick Heads pub.

The Nine Network reported on Tuesday evening that Bird was refused entry at Hotel Brunswick last weekend and had an altercation with security staff. The Titans have confirmed the governing body has begun looking into the incident, which is believed to have occurred during Titans winger Anthony Don’s bucks party.

“The club is aware of an investigation currently underway by the NRL integrity unit regarding an alleged incident at a hotel in northern NSW last weekend,” the Titans said in a statement.
    “At this stage, those investigations are yet to be completed so the club is not in a position to comment further until the outcome has been determined.”

The NRL said the Titans would decide on a course of action for their player. “Integrity unit investigators will prepare a report on the incident and provide it to the Gold Coast Titans, who will determine what, if any, actions is required,” a NRL spokesperson told AAP.

The latest drama could be another strike on a long list of off-field indiscretions involving Bird, which includes being stripped of the Titans’ captaincy in 2014 for urinating beside an unmarked police car.
    He was also one of seven Gold Coast players charged with, but later acquitted of, possession and supply of cocaine early in 2015.

Bird, 31, is contracted to the Titans until the end of 2017 however has been linked with moves in the off-season to Newcastle and Manly.

• Classy fellow, is that Greg.

• Greg Birds’ behaviour isn’t really that out of place on the Goldie… Unless the club doesn’t want him playing for them because of form, i am sure he won’t be getting the axe…

• I would consider him to be one of the players with the lowest morals in the game.I will never forget that he tried to get his mate to say that he had acidently glassed his girlfriend when he wasnt even there.Pure lowlife.

• He is a dead set goose! And I’m not sure who is more disliked by opposition fans than him?

This guy just can’t help himself. He is a scar on the face of the NRL and the fact that we, as a code allowed him to remain in the sport doesn’t say a lot for us.

Regardless of the outcomes he has been linked to so much, domestic violence, drugs, public nuicence and so on and so on!

Why has he been allowed to stay in the NRL? Who does he have photo’s of?

• He is a total grub, but as a footballer he is just what we need, a bloke who is hard as nails and would cheat to beat his grandmother at cards. Although I am not sure you would risk him destroying your brand name

• He’s an angry bird.

• Banned

31 and still carrying on like an 18 year old! Grow up Greg, we all have to sometime.

• @supercoach:

He is a total grub, but as a footballer he is just what we need, a bloke who is hard as nails and would cheat to beat his grandmother at cards. Although I am not sure you would risk him destroying your brand name

I’m of the opinion we need a grub on the field. Someone more like JWH than Bird though. Bird is worse than Ennis when it comes to gamesmanship.

• Offer him a lifeline… He is better than any of our backrowers & is exactly what we need.

I reckon has 1 good year left if the Titans want to pay him to play here!

• anyone who urinates on a police car would appear to have resentment of authority issues.

a game young bird.

we have tried to sign him before ,but he will only get to be an angrier footballer as he gets older.

• ForumSupporter

@Tiger Come Lately:

He is a dead set goose! And I’m not sure who is more disliked by opposition fans than him?

This guy just can’t help himself. He is a scar on the face of the NRL and the fact that we, as a code allowed him to remain in the sport doesn’t say a lot for us.

Regardless of the outcomes he has been linked to so much, domestic violence, drugs, public nuicence and so on and so on!

I’ve noticed you use ?? a lot…

Should we throw Bird a lifeline?

• @Geo.:

@Tiger Come Lately:

He is a dead set goose! And I’m not sure who is more disliked by opposition fans than him?

I do, its to generate conversation. I’ll try and cut back on the ??

Part of me says his aggressive style of football is what we need and then there is the fact that he is a total grub which we don’t need. So I’m going to say lets leave him out cause we have has our share of bad press.

• @Geo.:

@Tiger Come Lately:

If we do I won’t be parking my car anywhere near the carpark.

• They should be able to run him out of the NRL for this, they got rid of Carney for pissing in his own mouth.

Recent Topics