A long bow perhaps

• It was interesting watching the Cowboys last night. Besides a few decent kicks, Thurston and Morgan looked below the quality of Moses & Brooks. Not to make too big a point, besides it shows how much a dominant pack can effect your halves.

• Definitely hard for any 1/2s combo to be effective behind a dominated pack, no matter who you are. I also think the cows were spent after beating the donkeys.

It’s a shame the PNG v PMs 13 game isn’t being televised. Would love to see how Moses (& Teddy for that matter) play behind a strong Aussie pack.

• @Masterton:

It was interesting watching the Cowboys last night. Besides a few decent kicks, Thurston and Morgan looked below the quality of Moses & Brooks. Not to make too big a point, besides it shows how much a dominant pack can effect your halves.

I would not have said that after last week.

I think Morgan is well below his potential and Thurston is just getting too old to pull a masterstroke every week.

• Couldn’t agree with you more. Go forward and getting repeat sets are critical for halfs

• No long bow….its usually the case

• Banned

@Masterton:

It was interesting watching the Cowboys last night. Besides a few decent kicks, Thurston and Morgan looked below the quality of Moses & Brooks. Not to make too big a point, besides it shows how much a dominant pack can effect your halves.

I thought exactly the same thing. It wasn’t just the pack either. You need backs especially wingers that can bring the ball back hard and fast. The Cowboys also have a gun pack.

I really think we are close to being a real good team.

• Below Brooks? Lol please every repeat set he attempts he kicks it directly into a player. I think you’re just having a laugh, any halve would have looked ordinary the way the Sharks dominated.

• @innsaneink:

No long bow….its usually the case

😆 exactly.

forward pack turns average halves into good halves, and a lack of a pack makes good halves into bad halves.

not really rocket science

• Banned

I agree forwards win you games. But how do you explain the bulldogs. One of the best forward packs in the game, and their halves looked rubbish all year.

• Banned

Lol this thread makes me laugh.
    Sharks would have ran a dozen tries through our halves.

• @Tiger4life:

I agree forwards win you games. But how do you explain the bulldogs. One of the best forward packs in the game, and their halves looked rubbish all year.

Way too structured with an over reliance on their forward pack to win them games.

• @stryker:

Yeah agree Stryker Kev and Co would have been back peddling all night.

• @Masterton:

Thurston is on the slide but him and Morgan are streets ahead of our Halves.

• @stryker:

Yep Brooks would be having nightmares for a week after that game. Sharks forwards weren’t flash they just ran straight and hard. Picked their targets too.

• @upthetigers:

@Tiger4life:

Way too structured with an over reliance on their forward pack to win them games.

Hasler turned his key forwards into player makers last few years but he needs to get Graham thinking like a prop forward again. Mbyr looks lost for them and Reynolds? Well he’s still the Reynolds we all know, all emotion and not much else.

Recent Topics