R.I.P Max Walker

• An absolute legend of Australian sport, passed away today aged 68.
    Icon of our country, who came across as a fantastic bloke with a great sense of humour and a real zest for life.
    Loved listening to his laconic voice and hearty laugh back in the day on Wide World Of Sport, he was a genuine one of a kind both on the oval and off.
    Rest in peace Big Maxie, you were a champ.
    AVAGOODWEEGEND :master:

• R.I.P Tangles …The world has lost a Legend …

• ForumSupporter

Have a good weekend Mr Walker…Vale

Richie and Tony are waiting…

• Too young

• Banned

Wow I really didn’t see this coming - very sad. He was not only a great cricketer, but a great motivational speaker as well. I had the pleasure of seeing him speak at a business conference several years ago and was surprised at how entertaining and motivating he was - a real natural. RIP Tangles 😦

• RIP Tangles.

• Sad passing. Too young

• Banned

Really sorry to hear the legend passed on today at the tender age of 68.
    He is one celebrity that I have met and really liked. Spent a day on the squirt with him last year at a golf day and thoroughly enjoyed his company. Funny man but also a gentleman.
    RIP.

• I’m distantly related to Max

Met him twice

Grandmothers brothers nephew

My Grandmother was returning to live back in Tasmania when she passed away back in 92

• we had him for a cricket presentation in 81,not long after he finished playing.

i asked him when he first thought he had the ability to play for australia- he replied in a manner which gave everyone in the room the thought that playing cricket for australia wasnt that imposssible.

he was pleasant to a neville noboby like me and he won me from that night.

perhaps they should bottle maxs manner and have it available everytime our modern tennis players speak.

r.i.p.max

• Never heard anyone speak a bad word about big Maxie…RIP

• Late to the party, but this was terrible news to hear.

My childhood summers are slowly fading away. Tony, Richie and now Big Maxy.

• Banned

@Cultured Bogan:

Late to the party, but this was terrible news to hear.

My childhood summers are slowly fading away. Tony, Richie and now Big Maxy.

It also makes listening to old 12th man tapes a bit melancholic…

Recent Topics