Tony Satini and Jorge Taufua

Both are listed as off contract with the eagles,Satini looks a talent?? but has struggled to get a look in at the eagles,Taufua would be great fit for the tigers,big and strong like nofoaluma,to have two solid strong finishing wingers would be great…while simona and kev will have competition from idris,chee-kam,heleta and Satini for their centre positions.Assuming neither are offered a contract by manly should the tigers consider them?

Do not know much about Santini. Tafua has hands like feet and is terrible under the high ball, and will probably be lucky to hold a spot in Manly’s first grade team. He would be asking for some coin, he he is not a bloke I would spend money on.

While we’re on manly wingers,what ever happened to the wolfman?
I’d take Taufua for sure. He’s way better than what we got.
We’re not gonna land an elite player right now but these type of players will improve the team.

Three best centres left on the market are Tautai Moga , Hymel Hunt and Nathan Davis

@Harvey:

Do not know much about Santini. Tafua has hands like feet and is terrible under the high ball, and will probably be lucky to hold a spot in Manly’s first grade team. He would be asking for some coin, he he is not a bloke I would spend money on.

I agree with you mate. I don’t understand why Tafua is a winger in the first place, he is not quick enough, can’t jump for the ball, can’t tackle. He is good close to the line in attack that is all. I would have him playing in the back row.

Santini was cut from Penrith originally for discipline reasons and then went to manly. He is not a player I would be interested in pretty ordinary, not fit and has a lot of defensive issues. No Thanks

Why do we want to chase every bum that is on the market

@happy tiger:

Three best centres left on the market are Tautai Moga , Hymel Hunt and Nathan Davis

Tautau Moga was a highly rated junior and looked to be on the rise (before the egging incident)
he might be worth an investment (or maybe he’s been judged to be a loose cannon)

@Winnipeg:

@happy tiger:

Tautau Moga was a highly rated junior and looked to be on the rise (before the egging incident)
he might be worth an investment (or maybe he’s been judged to be a loose cannon)

3 knee recos worries me with Moga

@happy tiger:

@Winnipeg:

@happy tiger:

We brought an old guy that had a knee reconstruction and hanging on to him with his second recon!!!

@bathursttiger:

@happy tiger:

@Winnipeg:

@happy tiger:

We brought an old guy that had a knee reconstruction and hanging on to him with his second recon!!!

And look how well that’s working out.

Satini is a beast.
Even if we just signed him for NSW cup and used him for injuries, he would not disappoint.
He’s a future first grader for sure, IMO - just needs a chance.

I’m also a fan of Moses Pangai, who’s been around a while and at a few clubs, even was with us for a while. Was a standout in the Samoa VS Tonga game.

Also, I’ve heard from some one very close to Jorge that we’ve had a chat and showed some interest but not the only ones. Watch this space.

@2041:

@bathursttiger:

@happy tiger:

@Winnipeg:

Of course ,of course Taylor screwed up again

Pitchfork time :deadhorse:

Taylor’s a witch

@happy tiger:

@2041:

@bathursttiger:

@happy tiger:

Taylor’s a witch

I didn’t say anything about Taylor. Ballin was a poor signing, and to the extent that Taylor was responsible for it, yes, he screwed up. But it shouldn’t have been signed off all the way up the line. Not sure what else you want me to say.

@2041:

@happy tiger:

@2041:

@bathursttiger:

Taylor’s a witch

I didn’t say anything about Taylor. Ballin was a poor signing, and to the extent that Taylor was responsible for it, yes, he screwed up. But it shouldn’t have been signed off all the way up the line. Not sure what else you want me to say.

Comparing a bloke who had had one knee reco (at the time ) in 11 seasons to a bloke who has had 3 in 4 seasons

Ballin had been one of the top 4-5 hookers in the NRL until the initial injury , Moga has proven nothing at NRL level but looks like he has potential if he can stay injury free

The only thing they have in common is an ACL injury , but lets hang the club and coach over it

Ballin was a good calculated risk that didn’t come off , it happens

Too bad we got it right with ET ,Grant ,Aloiai

Looking more likely that Taufua will be moved on given Manly just signed Uate. They also released Buhrer, which was idiotic given how well he finished the 2016 season. Sounds like Buhrer will be going to Newcastle and he’ll be a handy signing for them. He’s out of his depth at rep level but he’s been a good club player for the last couple of seasons with a high work rate and some genuine attacking threat.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.