Teddy Misses Kangaroos

• James Tedesco has missed selection for the four nations squad in Oct/Nov.

Tigers sole selection is Aaron Woods.

The squad posted on Tigers Official site is as follows:

Dan Talintyre
    Tue 4th October, 11:00AM

Australia Kangaroos Coach Mal Meninga has named a strong squad for the upcoming 2016 Four Nations tournament, which begins on October 28 in England.

Meninga has made several changes to the team that went down to New Zealand earlier in 2016, with a number of new faces in line to make their representative debut.

Woods will feature as the sole representative from Wests Tigers, after 2016 Dally M Fullback of the Year James Tedesco was overlooked by Meninga to make his Australian debut.

A regular since his international debut in 2014, the tournament will mark Woods’ sixth appearance in the green and gold, after missing the 2016 ANZAC Test due to injury.

The Kangaroos team for the Trans-Tasman Test to be played against New Zealand in Perth on Saturday, October 15 will be named in the week leading up to the match.

Earlier today, Kiwis Coach David Kidwell revealed the New Zealand squad for the Trans-Tasman Test and Four Nations tournament, with five rookies included.

Wests Tigers would like to congratulate Aaron on his selection in the squad!

KANGAROOS FOUR NATIONS SQUAD

Darius Boyd (Broncos)

Shannon Boyd (Raiders)

Boyd Cordner (Roosters)

Cooper Cronk (Storm)

Josh Dugan (Dragons)

Blake Ferguson (Roosters)

Jake Friend (Roosters)

Tyson Frizell (Dragons)

Matt Gillett (Broncos)

Valentine Holmes (Sharks)

Greg Inglis (Rabbitohs)

David Klemmer (Bulldogs)

James Maloney (Sharks)

Josh Mansour (Panthers)

Trent Merrin (Panthers)

Michael Morgan (Cowboys)

Matt Moylan (Panthers)

Justin O’Neill (Cowboys)

Josh Papalii (Raiders)

Matt Scott (Cowboys)

Cameron Smith (Storm)

Sam Thaiday (Broncos)

Jonathan Thurston (Cowboys)

Aaron Woods (Wests Tigers)

Coach: Mal Meninga

KANGAROOS FOUR NATIONS SCHEDULE

October 29 — Australia vs. Scotland, KC Lightstream Stadium (Hull), 7:00am AEDT

November 6 — New Zealand vs. Australia, Ricoh Arena (Coventry), 7:00am AEDT

November 14 — England vs. Australia, London Olympic Stadium (London), 1:00am AEDT

November 21 — Four Nations Final TBC, Anfield (Liverpool), 1:30am AEDT

Thoughts on the squad?

• What a disgrace that Tedesco got overlooked really. Dugan and Inglis in front of him?! Wow.
    Blake Ferguson in the squad hahaha.
    A few other ordinary players in there also.
    Kidwell won’t have to be much of a coach to guide the Kiwis to the title, Aussies and Poms won’t offer too much resistance.

Well done Woodsy, do the WT proud mate.

Well done Mal, awesome squad……might be a chance even the useless Poms finish higher than the Kangaroos this tournament. Thanks Mal you goat.

• How does that “MYTH” Moylan get a start before Teddy?

• @Fade To Black:

What a disgrace that Tedesco got overlooked really. Dugan and Inglis in front of him?! Wow.
    Blake Ferguson in the squad hahaha.
    A few other ordinary players in there also.
    Kidwell won’t have to be much of a coach to guide the Kiwis to the title, Aussies and Poms won’t offer too much resistance.

Well done Woodsy, do the WT proud mate.

Well done Mal, awesome squad……might be a chance even the useless Poms finish higher than the Kangaroos this tournament. Thanks Mal you goat.

As nice as it would of been for Teddy to get selected , the break to give him a chance to rest for 2017 season in light of the concussions this year could be a blessing in disguise

And FTB Mal doesn’t pick the squad , the selectors do

• And the fact that the selectors picked 11 players from NSW makes them goats

• LMFAO
    Ferguson, Dugan, o niell, Moylan
    is this some kind of sick joke

• Disappointing for him and a few other players who were in good form at other clubs and weren’t named. Hopefully in spurs him on to even better things in 2017.

• Mal called darius the premier fullback in the game so we know that he is taking magical pills

• It’s a pretty uninspiring set of selections but a bunch of players may have been overlooked because of injury concerns or planned surgery. The 17 I’d play out of that lot would be:

1. Darius Boyd (Broncos)
    2. Josh Mansour (Panthers)
    3. Greg Inglis (Rabbitohs)
    4. Josh Dugan (Dragons)
    5. Valentine Holmes (Sharks)
    6. Jonathan Thurston (Cowboys)
    7. Cooper Cronk (Storm)
    8. Aaron Woods (Wests Tigers)
    9. Cameron Smith (Storm)
    10. Matt Scott (Cowboys)
    11. Boyd Cordner (Roosters)
    12. Matt Gillett (Broncos)
    13. Tyson Frizell (Dragons)

14. David Klemmer (Bulldogs)
    15. Shannon Boyd (Raiders)
    16. Josh Papalii (Raiders)
    17. Michael Morgan (Cowboys)

No thanks to:
    Blake Ferguson (Roosters) (crap)
    Jake Friend (Roosters) (fine as backup but Smith doesn’t need a sub if picked)
    James Maloney (Sharks) (has no utility value and is behind Cronk and Thurston at rep level)
    Trent Merrin (Panthers) (never shown much impact at rep level)
    Matt Moylan (Panthers) (doesn’t stand out in any one position and I prefer Morgan as a utility - better defence)
    Justin O’Neill (Cowboys) (fairly crap, although he had a good year)
    Sam Thaiday (Broncos) (crap these days)

• I’d have Thaiday there over Cordner. He’s a myth at rep level.

• Tedesco was injured (concussion). Add that to his broken jaw (in two places), then it is a good thing that he will be rested and good to go next season.

Every man and his dog knows that he is by far the best fullback in Australia.

Have a good recovery Teddy.

• I suspect Tedesco paid the price for playing at a club that always misses the finals. You are a far better chance of playing for Australia if your team plays finals.

• @Cultured Bogan:

I’d have Thaiday there over Cordner. He’s a myth at rep level.

With the improvement in Papalii’s game I think I’d take him over both the above mentioned

• ForumSupporter

Well done Woods

Lots of politics involved in Rep selections…NSW would have pushed for Moylan,

Mal’s an imbo…

• Gee that’s a pretty ordinary team. So many players who didn’t distinguish themselves in club football or SOO, but they still get picked.

I didn’t think Teddy would be named. They were odds on to pick around 5 fullbacks (most masquerading as centres or wingers) so that Teddy didn’t have a hope.

I can’t believe they didn’t pick Joey Leilua. He’s been the stand out centre this year.

Ordinary, ordinary team.

Recent Topics