JAC Koori knockout

• They dont seem to like him for some reason…… 😮
    \

WE saw some great football across the weekend in the Koori Knockout but acts of thuggery unfortunately dominated the final.

New Storm recruit Josh Addo-Carr, representing the Redfern All Blacks, was clearly targeted and bore the brunt of some incredibly high contact from opponents the Newcastle All Blacks.

The game featured a host of current and former NRL players including, Leilani Latu, Jonathan Wright, Travis Robinson and Nathan Merrit to name a few.

The Redfern side eventually claimed the title with a convincing 42-12 win.

• I don’t think JAC got it any worse than anyone else on the field. Definitely bad blood between those 2 sides. There were 3 or 4 send off offences at NRL level by my count. How bout the tank at 1:46. Is that Mark Tookey?

• He was pretty bloody ordinary during the tournament too.

• Banned

Good hard defense. Great to see.

• Banned

@stryker:

Good hard defense. Great to see.

Are you sure you would not like knuckle dusters thrown in as well?

• They certainly don’t take a step back.

• Banned

If this game had been promoted properly it would have been a sell out crowd - how the game was played in the old days.

• Banned

@Byron Bay Fan:

If this game had been promoted properly it would have been a sell out crowd - how the game was played in the old days.

Miss the old days, players these days are skirts, only a couple would be able to handle it

Great defence, hard run ups and hard hitting

• @Tigertigertiger:

@Byron Bay Fan:

Miss the old days, players these days are skirts, only a couple would be able to handle it

Exactly why I don’t mind League season being over. It’s not the same anymore.

• Was this game televised on NITV or anything? Wouldn’t mind seeing a replay of it.

• @Tigertigertiger:

@Byron Bay Fan:

…for the first 10 minutes, after which the 80s players would be puking up their pies and beer having been run into the dust by the properly trained and conditioned professionals.

• ^It’s the athletes vs footballers debate. I’d much rather watch genuine footballers play RL compared to watching blokes who are honed and trained into robots TBH.

• @Fade To Black:

Was this game televised on NITV or anything? Wouldn’t mind seeing a replay of it.

I haven’t looked for it this year but normally NITV televise it and show replays on high rotation over the break.

• This big guy on the middle left isn’t a coach, or a fan who’s jumped the fence, he was actually playing (in Daine Laurie’s team). Check out this size of him!

And here on the right:

• @Yossarian:

@Fade To Black:

Was this game televised on NITV or anything? Wouldn’t mind seeing a replay of it.

I haven’t looked for it this year but normally NITV televise it and show replays on high rotation over the break.

Thanks mate. I had a look on the Foxtel program guide and it says the highlights of the tournament are on next Tues at 1-30 or something in the afternoon.

Recent Topics