Rebecca Wilson

• Agreed……

She was always very outspoken and that upset some people.
    Love her, or hate her, a sad day.

Breast Cancer is taking far too many women.

• I feel for her family. There’s already been some ordinary folk taking to social media celebrating the news, and they’re going to have to be exposed to that. While I couldn’t stand her, I can’t say hearing that anyone has died really evokes celebratory feelings.

Her terrible journalism targeting Rugby League and Football was hypocritical and gossip column stuff at best, that’s why a lot of people could not stand her work.

Will never forget when some Easts fans stitched her up with some false story about a Swans player raging at a Cityrail employee. She ran the story and got found out.

• Sad to hear. I thought she did a great job as a jerno. Not all her stories were to my liking but she wrote articles that would generate thought and or discussions.

RIP.

• Its funny, i was just talking to my girlfriend last night about how many people seem to be dying young these days. A girl we know just lost her mum in her 50’s from cancer. I’m no expert on the subject, but i’m willing to bet 20 or 30 years ago deaths this young weren’t as prevalent. Or maybe they were and we just weren’t saturated with stories due to no internet.

• Very sad to hear.

• ForumSupporter

Never a fan of Wilson’s so called journalism…nevertheless it is sad when the terrible desease of cancer that doesn’t discriminate takes people away…

R.I.P. Rebecca …thoughts are with your family…

• I think the cat was let out of the bag on the Offsiders last week. One of the panellists let slip she wasn’t doing well.

• She was paid to sell news papers and create controversy, and she did it well. RIP

• One of the worst ‘journalists’ in Australian history. Such an intolerant, racist, bigot with zero credibility. While i’m not celebrating her death by any means, i’m not overly sad about it either in all honesty.

Hopefully news can give a competent young aspiring journo an opportunity to rbeak into the industry.

• Sorry to hear of this today. Sounds like she battled on bravely for quite a long time. RIP

• Sad to hear… wont miss her ‘journalism’

• @Balmain Boy:

One of the worst ‘journalists’ in Australian history. Such an intolerant, racist, bigot with zero credibility. While i’m not celebrating her death by any means, i’m not overly sad about it either in all honesty.

Hopefully news can give a competent young aspiring journo an opportunity to rbeak into the industry.

Pretty much sums it up for me.

• its ironic that the things which define female and male sexuality- breasts and prostrate ,are susceptible to cancer growth.
    at times i winced at the tone of wilsons articles and stopped reading them.
    but she did have the temerity to shake the old boys club ,which wasnt such a bad thing.
    i feel sorry for her sons- to lose your mother at their age would be very traumatic.

• Along the lines of a few others that she wasn’t my cup of tea , but am saddened to hear she has taken by a terrible disease

My condolensences to her friends and family

RIP Rebecca Wilson

Recent Topics