Who remembers this guy?

• What he could have been.

• @Milky:

What he could have been.

Not sure what you mean. It wasn’t injury that stopped him, he just couldn’t cut it in first grade. Simon Dwyer is what could have been, or Lawrence if he didn’t have his hip injury.

• Sure do! At times looked very good, at other times not so great. Went to the Pennies aa year or so ago and haven’t seen or heard from him since apart from a lower grade game at Leichhardt where he played in the winning Panthers Reggies side

• Banned

He just never kicked on did he. He looked like he was going to be an absolute weapon.

• Curtis Sironen is headed down the same path.

• @GNR4LIFE:

@Milky:

What he could have been.

Not sure what you mean. It wasn’t injury that stopped him, he just couldn’t cut it in first grade. Simon Dwyer is what could have been, or Lawrence if he didn’t have his hip injury.

What he could have been if he actually put in some effort, he got very lazy.

• @Curaeus:

Sure do! At times looked very good, at other times not so great. Went to the Pennies aa year or so ago and haven’t seen or heard from him since apart from a lower grade game at Leichhardt where he played in the winning Panthers Reggies side

Saw BMM playing in a Super League game on telly a few weeks back. May have been Hull?
    Most vivid memory of BMM is that game at Leichhardt a few seasons back vs Roosters when he burst into a gap and Mini stripped the ball off him at full speed when he was going in for a certain try. Think it was the game after Robbie’s mum passed away.

• @Fade To Black:

@Curaeus:

Sure do! At times looked very good, at other times not so great. Went to the Pennies aa year or so ago and haven’t seen or heard from him since apart from a lower grade game at Leichhardt where he played in the winning Panthers Reggies side

Saw BMM playing in a Super League game on telly a few weeks back. May have been Hull?
    Most vivid memory of BMM is that game at Leichhardt a few seasons back vs Roosters when he burst into a gap and Mini stripped the ball off him at full speed when he was going in for a certain try. Think it was the game after Robbie’s mum passed away.

Yep it was. We started on fire, fell in heap and got smashed. Don’t think we have beaten the Roosters since.

• @Telltails:

@Fade To Black:

@Curaeus:

Yep it was. We started on fire, fell in heap and got smashed. Don’t think we have beaten the Roosters since.

Yep we haven’t beaten the Roosters since 2011

• Unfortunatel we’ve had a few of these

Coulda shoulda woulda

😒

• Just another Under20 guy who looked a million dollars to turn out to be worth nothing.

• I wonder how much what happened with Mosese affected his career ??

• @bathursttiger:

Just another Under20 guy who looked a million dollars to turn out to be worth nothing.

I sometimes think that Under 20’s can destroy some young players. They are still a couple of years away from taking the jump from Under 20’s and into first grade. Keep them out of first grade in the year or two after they finish Under 20’s and many of the lazier players will really develop the hunger in the belly needed to play first grade on a continuous basis.

• @Newtown:

@bathursttiger:

Just another Under20 guy who looked a million dollars to turn out to be worth nothing.

I sometimes think that Under 20’s can destroy some young players. They are still a couple of years away from taking the jump from Under 20’s and into first grade. Keep them out of first grade in the year or two after they finish Under 20’s and many of the lazier players will really develop the hunger in the belly needed to play first grade on a continuous basis.

I agree, they also say forwards take a few more years to develop.

the reserve grade (lead up game to FG) should be a mix. Something like, must have x number of u20 players in the team. That way players play against guys on the FG fringe and fans get to see IMO a better all round game.

• My memory may be a little hazy but I think BMM came to the club via Keebra Park as a very over weight player, once he slimmed down Sheenius threw him into a Semi Final for his debut, correct me if wrong.

Recent Topics