<big>Jakob Giles</big>

<big>Toni Tali</big>

<big>Obed Karwhin</big>

<big>Veiru Mapesone</big>

<big>Taniela Paseka</big>

<big>Luke Sharpe</big>

• Credit to Ryan Tilse on Youtube:
    Youtube Video

• Thanks for that. Look forward to watching Giles develop next season.

• @ALX22:

Thanks for that. Look forward to watching Giles develop next season.

Yeah he’s got a good skill set for a 2nd rower.

• Can understand now why Wests did not cry too much when JAC signed with the Storm, Ioelu and Karwhin are knocking on the first grade door anyway

• Banned

Thanks for that. It was good to watch some of those.

• @rex2ce:

Can understand now why Wests did not cry too much when JAC signed with the Storm, Ioelu and Karwhin are knocking on the first grade door anyway

All completley different players. JAC a lightning quick and soemthing out of nothing type player. Karwhin a Daniel Tupou type player. Not super quick but a good size and able to finish tries off well. If he can get his attitude right he could still play first grade. Ioelu looks a decent outside back who can kick, but he’s still got a long way to go. Papenhuyzen would be here too but he probably didn’t play enough to get a full highlights reel!

• @Nelson:

@ALX22:

Thanks for that. Look forward to watching Giles develop next season.

Yeah he’s got a good skill set for a 2nd rower.

Giles is under rated by many on here but he seems like a better version of Lovett to me. A player who’s all heart, big work rate, does the little things, but he’s also pretty decent in attack too. Not as flashy as some, but i bet he’ll end up doing better than many.

• Mapesone looks very good. Didn’t see any Holden Cup this year, so not sure about his defense but he looks complete with ball in hand. Paseka of course is very exciting and I thought Tali looked strong. Liddle is a champion. Can’t see Sharpe progressing far from this level - way too small unfortunately. Giles can certainly get a ball away in traffic and Marsters has a great skill set for a big fella.
    Great work for the vids. Much appreciated.

• @yeti:

Mapesone looks very good. Didn’t see any Holden Cup this year, so not sure about his defense but he looks complete with ball in hand…

Statistically at least it looks alright. A total of 287 tackles with 36 missed tackles across 22 games, so averaging less than 2 missed tackles per game (and about 13 tackles per game).

• Mapesone is extremely good. What I like most about him is he plays what is in front of him and more often than not takes the right options without having to go for the clutch plays. His vision is great, he has a deft passing and kicking game and has size. Definitely one to watch if Brooks doesn’t kick on next year.

• I don’t see Mapesone ever being able to play first grade. He’s highly erratic. He’s a bit like a young, less good Benji, without the step. Goes for the low percentage moneyball far too often, whether it’s on or not so yes he gets assists but at the price of a high turnover rate through errors or intercepts. His general kicking game is pretty average but he has a decent grubber.

His defence is good at NYC as he has some size to him. His strength is certainly his running game. Can be quite elusive and his strength helps too bust the line. His goal kicking has improved a lot too.

• Watching those Obed Karwhin highlights again I can’t really understand why some people think he is slow.
    Watch from the 5:50 mark in his Part 1 video. Might not be lightning but he certainly isn’t a slouch either.

I always thought he was pretty quick from when I’ve seen him play live - which is a fair bit.

• Liddell and Paseka for mine are the stand outs. The others look good in 20’s and Jnr comps not sure how they would develop.

Paseka is a good size you can’t manufacture that but you can teach him how to use his size. Knees will be a problem for him.

Liddell looks a little little to me but his role in the a FG team can be managed. He will put on some bulk and it won’t effect his game significantly, he will lose some of the explosive pace but should still have enough to run through a gap or to position himself to create space for outside runners. While it’s not written defending in the middle will mean he sees a lot of traffic can he handle the defence workload is my only thought on him.

• Banned

How good does Paseka look. We must have some of the best props running around. Grant, Woods, Ava, Sue, Felise and coming through Paseka. I reckon Aloiai looks better up the middle as well.

We should just try and steam role teams. We do need a backrower or two to come through.

Recent Topics