Is Tedesco The Best Fullback In The Last Decade

Hey fellow forum members,

Just wondering where James Tedesco the ranks compared to the fullbacks of the last decade.

Personally I think he would easily be in the top 5.

Please leave your thoughts on this subject.

Billy Slater easily better

Not even a chance Teddy is close yet

Slater by the length of flemington strait. Hopefully in 10 years time Tedesco has taken the mantle of the best fullback in the last decade and has been with us for that full period.

whatever Slater can do, Teddy can do.
Teddy is well on his way to being better than slater

Teddy can’t stomp players in the head or lead with his knees and legs into the tackled player like Slater can…

Yeah, Slater is the man.
Hopefully Tedesco surpasses him though.

@Demps:

Yeah, Slater is the man.
Hopefully Tedesco surpasses him though.

Hope your right

I also think it’s too early to chuck him into a top 5 however if his form continues, more than likely.

I think Hodgson is our BEST fullback we’ve had, however Tedesco will probably blaze him if he has a few good years.

@Geo.:

Teddy can’t stomp players in the head or lead with his knees and legs into the tackled player like Slater can…

That is why Slater is a queenslander

@WestsBenTigers:

@Geo.:

That is why Slater is a queenslander

\

@Geo.:

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwilsKbq8dnPAhVD1WMKHYS-DukQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fstephenhenry10&psig=AFQjCNEU5S7m3zTZ83Hc27xIAYRJvDRNng&ust=1476520547270317

Well who rounds out the rest of the top 5 if Slater is number 1

In the last 2 years Tedesco was the best NRL FB.
Before that, it is hard to argue against Slater.
When fit, Tedesco is arguably more complete player than Slater. Also, Slater is at the end of his career, so the current comparison may not be fair.

Slater
Boyd
Stewart
Minichiello
Inglis

@Geo.:

Beat me to it!

@happy tiger:

Billy Slater easily better

Not even a chance Teddy is close yet

I hate agreeing with Happy but sometimes it happens. Inglis, Boyd, Hayne and Slater are easily ahead of Teddy.

Maybe Teddy will turn into a great player but that is a long way off. I think Teddy now is probably the best fullback in the game but it’s not clear cut.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.