Archer blows time on Maxwell

• FORMER Test and Origin referee Jared Maxwell is set to become the latest casualty of the crisis within the refereeing ranks.

I’m hearing Maxwell won’t be offered a contract for next year and his career as a full-time referee is effectively over.

Another senior official, Adam Devcich, who was seen as a rising star in the refereeing ranks a few seasons ago, is also gone.

The NRL hasn’t totally abandoned Maxwell, who gave up his full-time career a few seasons ago to become a referee, and he will do some work in coaching young officials.

The move by referees’ boss Tony Archer not to renew the pair’s contracts has sent shockwaves through the referees’ ranks.

“It makes us feel no-one is safe,” a senior ref tells me.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/kangaroos-v-kiwis-player-ratings/

Should make for a lot of happy Tigers fans. Especially this guy.

• I thought over the past couple of years he had matured into one of the better refs, not perfect, but used a bit of common sense and tended to ref both sides rather than ride one team into the ground. There would have been a few I would have shown the door before the horse

• If only we can get the Badger sacked too…

• @Yossarian:

If only we can get the Badger sacked too…

Yep

• Maxwell is the worst ref in a long time. Has absolutely zero idea about ‘milking’ and players taking the pi$$. Good riddance. Good luck in some other career mate.

Unrelated - Cant help thinking of a story if you take the word ‘time’ out of the thread title.

• ForumSupporter

Noooooooooo……not Devich…he has the best We have a T-R-Y…in the comp…

How the hell does Henry survive…?

• Great News I tended to shudder every time Maxwell was appointed to a Tigers game
    NEVER RECEIVED A FAIR COP FROM HIM IN ANY GAME, Love to know what his beef is with the tigers

• Surprising.
    Not sure I’ve ever heard of this occurring before…. If it does we rarely hear of it in media beforehand

• Now if only someone showed Archer the door

• @Harvey:

Now if only someone showed Archer the door

Here, here!!!

• A thankless task….NRL needs to drastically simplify the game and the rules…then the Refs will play a lesser role.

• Banned

Sack the lot and start all over again I reckon. Though perhaps Checchin can stay.

• @innsaneink:

Surprising.
    Not sure I’ve ever heard of this occurring before…. If it does we rarely hear of it in media beforehand

Steve (Pedro) Lyons was punted. I remember the day the news came out, I saw him drinking numerous schooners at a city pub telling everyone who cared to listen he was going to sue the NRL.

• The useless badger should be sacked also.His wife is ok but he is awful

• @supercoach:

I thought over the past couple of years he had matured into one of the better refs, not perfect, but used a bit of common sense and tended to ref both sides rather than ride one team into the ground. There would have been a few I would have shown the door before the horse

Totally agree.

If I was being serious and we wanted to thin out the reffing ranks a little, it would have to be Henry Perenara.

People might say “Ref X never gives us a fair run”, but that’s a one-eyed supporter’s rant.

Perenara - I’ve seen him ruin games beyond just Wests Tigers. He is a truly awful referee and seems to have no sense of what is happening out on the field. He’s the referee equivalent of a bad defender, who can’t read the attack.

Recent Topics