Todd Carney

• If Todd Carney can get a contract I think he could be great value , I put him into our new signings as tongue in cheek , but he could very well play Hooker , leaving Brooks and Mosses to do there thing but he can kick , could play centre with his attack ability , and also be a good back up if anything happened to Brooks or Mosses with injury , it’s a tough game and injuries are common part of the game , he won’t get another chance again if he stuffs up but even 1 year out of him could help us out until brooks and Mosses become a lethal combination as it’s not there just yet and our young Hooker coming through could lean from him as well , Carney has a great Football brain and can read a game very well , on his day he has the ability to win games for his team ( and yes off field no brains ) if the NRL lets him play he will play in 2017 because some clubs are taking chances , Roosters come to mind with Carter and Ferguson

• Comes with too much off field baggage.

I wouldn’t like to see him teach our youngsters anything. We have a responsibility to them.

• He could teach them the bubbler! They could do it as a post try celebration.

• Sometimes you have to take a risk , Carney if the type of player like Hayne who can win a game for you in a flash , Haynes field goal Cost us the game simple , he put himself into a position to get a shot away and won the game , if that was Carney playing for us and we win a game he becomes the flavour of the week specially if it’s at the pointy end of the season and we are on the verge of the 8 , Most people on here think Benji is done and along come The Broncos , it’s a chance you take But that’s just my thoughts

• Thats all we need some lowlife who you know will make all the wrong headlines during the year.I doubt very much sponsors would be happy with this waste of oxygen.
    Wouldnt want him anywhere near the club

• @andrew 474:

Sometimes you have to take a risk , Carney if the type of player like Hayne who can win a game for you in a flash , Haynes field goal Cost us the game simple , he put himself into a position to get a shot away and won the game , if that was Carney playing for us and we win a game he becomes the flavour of the week specially if it’s at the pointy end of the season and we are on the verge of the 8 , Most people on here think Benji is done and along come The Broncos , it’s a chance you take But that’s just my thoughts

I agree with you he can step up at the right time and win you a game or two, but it’s what he will do when he is not on the park that puts doubt on the issue for me. From memory he has never won a gf and always ended his time at a club on bad terms.

I’ve always been confused when these guys have the footy dream laid out in front of them and then go and do something stupid. I’d have given my left one to live that life I say.
    But then as is the case in every part of life - people are people and they do and say the dumbest things when intoxicated or backed into a corner or whatever. This guy has a habit of it and he could be toxic. Especially in a club like ours that is full of young stars and potential stars.

• Good player but It won’t happen and it shouldn’t happen. We have 2 young halves who are long term prospects. Why would you get rid of either for a guy with Carney’s history who only has a year or two left anyway?

If we lost either Brooks or Moses i would still be inclined to go after someone with a bit more upside long term.

• I’m pretty sure that a few clubs have already looked into this and have been told the NRL will not register his contract

• As much as he would solve some problems we have like goal kicking, he just is not what we need and if we want Moses and Brooks to kick on to the highest level they do not need another playmaker around them, lets face it that is one of the reasons they moved Farah on.

Anyway will not happen, but if the NRL give him yet another chance you can bet your life he will get a start on good money somewhere

• I didn’t say get rid of anybody , I would play him at Hooker , and if and it’s a big if the NRL let him play he would be better value than Ballin , Rankin , in Hooker ,he is a more lethal,attacking player , great goal Kicker he will only get 1 chance with the NRL , and he will get a start in a team in 2017 and he won’t cost the world

• Carney at hooker wakeup. He’s probably never played hooker in his life and we already have 3 hookers at the club. You don’t buy a player to weaken another position just so he can kick goals. And on top of that he’s a muppett which we dont need at the club.

• @andrew 474:

Sometimes you have to take a risk , Carney if the type of player like Hayne who can win a game for you in a flash , Haynes field goal Cost us the game simple , he put himself into a position to get a shot away and won the game , if that was Carney playing for us and we win a game he becomes the flavour of the week specially if it’s at the pointy end of the season and we are on the verge of the 8 , Most people on here think Benji is done and along come The Broncos , it’s a chance you take But that’s just my thoughts

We’re already taking a chance on Idris. How many chances do you want the club to take? And Carney is nothing at all like Hayne.

• Pass on Carney - the Tigers have a young squad and given Carney’s history don’t need him being a bad influence on any of our players - he has proven time and time again that he just can’t help himself to remain on the straight and narrow.

• Hopefully the NRL dont allow him back.

• The other point I’d bring up is Carney isn’t the same player now , those hamstring issues he had late in his last NRL season have slowed him up a bit in my opinion

Recent Topics