Police Raid Player Agents...

• ForumSupporter

NSW Police raid NRL player agents as part of salary cap rort sting

YONI BASHAN, The Daily Telegraph
    36 minutes ago

POLICE are raiding the homes of NRL player agents Wayne Beavis and Sam Ayoub as part of ongoing investigations into salary cap breaches at the Parramatta Eels football club.

Officers from the NSW Fraud and Cybercrime Squad are currently carrying out search warrants at homes in Leichhardt, Woollahra, and a business premises in the CBD, police officials said.

No arrests are expected, but officials confirmed the searches were being conducted in relation to Strike Force Rhodium, the unit tasked with investigating salary cap breaches at the Eels club.

The raids are the latest incremental shift in a probe that was prompted by an award-winning series of articles about alleged salary breaches first published by The Daily Telegraph.

Detectives were seen entering the Woollahra home of Mr Beavis, a manager to former Eels player Jarryd Hayne, about 9.30am.

Concurrent raids were taking place on the home of Mr Ayoub, officials said. At 11am a locksmith was used so fraud squad detectives could gain access to Ayoub’s office in Hay Street at Leichhardt.

Comment is being sought from both men.

The Pitt Street offices of George Mimis and Paul Sutton were also targeted, according to reports.

An official said the operation had been planned and was largely being carried out to seize documentation.

The Parramatta Eels were docked 12 competition points and fined $1 million for systemic breaches of the salary cap.

Five Parramatta officials including chairman Steve Sharp, CEO John Boulous, deputy chairman Tom Issa, director Peter Serrao and Eels football boss Daniel Anderson were found to have engaged in industrial-scale cheating of the salary cap.

At the time the penalty was handed down, NRL CEO Todd Greenberg said the actions of Sharp, Boulous, Issa, Serrao and Anderson were “a stain on our game”.

“The preliminary findings suggest the operation of a deliberate, co-ordinated and sustained system of salary cap cheating by the club,” Mr Greenberg said.

The raids on Ayoub’s premises follow allegations in July he was presented with an illegal third party agreement worth thousands of dollars by former Eels chairman Steve Sharp. The deal, believed to have been scribbled on a napkin at a cafe, was for former Eels hooker Nathan Peats.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nsw-police-raid-nrl-player-agents-as-part-of-salary-cap-rort-sting/news-story/0f17353892d6078bbff256952492c571

• ForumSupporter

Sam and the napkin… 😆

• Kind of surprised it’s gotten to the point where police are involved. I am not sure of the legal position if you cheat within your own private system (i.e. the NRL). Don’t remember charges being laid or docs being seized by police for Dogs or Melbourne in previous incidents?

• Slammin Sam at it again. That’s some mighty fine company Robbie keeps.

• Why the club still has business with Ayoub is beyond me.

• @jirskyr:

Kind of surprised it’s gotten to the point where police are involved. I am not sure of the legal position if you cheat within your own private system (i.e. the NRL). Don’t remember charges being laid or docs being seized by police for Dogs or Melbourne in previous incidents?

Guess it would be something along the lines of tax fraud…

• Why is this a Police thing??

And why does Sam Ayoub only get special attention when 3 other agents are named

They are all the same.

• @mustafa:

Why the club still has business with Ayoub is beyond me.

I am sure that we have quite a few players with him as their manager so would every other club.We probably would struggle to field a competitive team without his clients playing

• @jadtiger:

@mustafa:

Why the club still has business with Ayoub is beyond me.

I am sure that we have quite a few players with him as their manager so would every other club.We probably would struggle to field a competitive team without his clients playing

3 in first grade

• @GNR4LIFE:

Slammin Sam at it again. That’s some mighty fine company Robbie keeps.

Too bad you don’t read (or comprehend) the whole story.
    There were 4 player managers raided - all those representing Parramatta players.
    That somehow relates to Farah’s character?
    Mighty fine company Thurston keeps as well I suppose… and Nofoaluma, Tamou, Milford, Rapana, Tagatese, Tedesco etc etc
    Oh, sorry, they must be ‘different’.

• @cktiger:

@GNR4LIFE:

There were 4 player managers raided - all those representing Parramatta players.
    Mighty fine company Thurston keeps as well I suppose… and Nofoaluma, Tamou, Milford, Rapana, Tagatese, Tedesco etc etc

Tedesco punted him. And with good reason.

• Banned

@cktiger:

@GNR4LIFE:

😊 😆

• @GNR4LIFE:

GNR only targets one out of four player managers and then drags Robbie Farah into his putrescence while neglecting to mention other players from our club managed by Sam Ayoub who are not of Australian Lebanese heritage.

You really are the turd that keeps on sticking its head around the s bend.

• @Pawsandclaws:

@GNR4LIFE:

GNR only targets one out of four player managers and then drags Robbie Farah into his putrescence while neglecting to mention other players from our club managed by Sam Ayoub who are not of Australian Lebanese heritage.

You really are the turd that keeps on sticking its head around the s bend.

And comments like that is why this once good forum is going down the shute at 100mph.

• Yeah because his involvement with Tandy and Brad Murray was all above board too you fools.

Ayoub was a grub well before any of this Farah rubbish reared it’s head. It’s got nothing to do with his bloody lineage.

Recent Topics