Golf Tips

• Hello fellow forum members,

I am just starting golf and I was wondering whether you guys had any tips for me.

Really appreciate it.

From Ben :sign:

• Don’t try and hit the ball too hard

When putting , concentrate on getting the weight of the putt right , if you don’t get the line right and least you should have a short putt left

Stay calm

Don’t let people screw with the mechanics of your swing too much

And lastly , if you can’t beat someone your playing against with the clubs , beat them in the mind , bring them to your level

Pity I never listened to any of this advice bar the putting or sledging LOL

• @happy tiger:

Don’t try and hit the ball too hard

When putting , concentrate on getting the weight of the putt right , if you don’t get the line right and least you should have a short putt left

Stay calm

Don’t let people screw with the mechanics of your swing too much

And lastly , if you can’t beat someone your playing against with the clubs , beat them in the mind , bring them to your level

Pity I never listened to any of this advice bar the putting or sledging LOL

Thanks Happy

• Balance on the balls of your feet, legs no further apart than your shoulder width. Ball closer to left foot (forward in your stance), tilt your upper body slightly forward and let your arms hang down, that’s the start of your stance. If your a right hander, keep your left heal down, look at where your hands are at address the aim is that they should be back there when you connect with the ball, pull the club away with your left elbow straight. Do not over swing and do not power through your swing, your body should uncoil and the divot should be behind where you made contact not in front. Atfter you have hit the ball your torso should be facing in the direction you wanted the ball to go.

If that doesn’t work just grip it and rip it.

if your mum or dad can afford see a golf pro. Other wise your young just keep playing and watching the pros and try to replicate their swing in a manner that your comfortable with.

• @Tiger Come Lately:

Balance on the balls of your feet, legs no further apart than your shoulder width. Ball closer to left foot (forward in your stance), tilt your upper body slightly forward and let your arms hang down, that’s the start of your stance. If your a right hander, keep your left heal down, look at where your hands are at address the aim is that they should be back there when you connect with the ball, pull the club away with your left elbow straight. Do not over swing and do not power through your swing, your body should uncoil and the digit should be behind where you made contact not in front. At the top of your swing your torso should be facing in the direction you wanted the ball to go.

If that doesn’t work just grip it and rip it.

if your mum or dad can afford see a golf pro. Other wise your young just keep playing and watching the pros and try to replicate their swing in a manner that your comfortable with.

Some really good advice

Look closely at the divots you leave as well , that will tell you where you were actually aiming and the contact of the club face (whether you open the club up and slice or close the face and hook )

I can’t speak for all clubs but many have junior days on Sundays mornings and some of the older club members go along and give advice with the groups of juniors

I miss my golf dearly , great test of your mind over your skills and how you react after misfortune on the course

• ForumSupporter

Don’t listen to Happy…

Get some lessons from the beginning…

• @Geo.:

Don’t listen to Happy…

Why not listen to Happy?

• @Geo.:

Don’t listen to Happy…

Some pros offer free lessons when you buy new clubs , but they don’t come cheap otherwise (over $100 an hour or $350 for an entire round )

True Tiger would be able to help you with this , he knows a hell of a lot more than all of us

Yeah and for bagging out Happy he only got down to a 12 handicap and won the Gladstone Open (off handicap) in 2004

Almost beat noted long driver Steve Bowditch in a long driving contest (led going into the last drive )

• ForumSupporter

@WestsBenTigers:

@Geo.:

Don’t listen to Happy…

Why not listen to Happy?

You will work it out,

• @Geo.:

@WestsBenTigers:

@Geo.:

Don’t listen to Happy…

Why not listen to Happy?

You will work it out,

Happy is my friend.

But okay

• @Geo.:

@WestsBenTigers:

@Geo.:

Don’t listen to Happy…

Why not listen to Happy?

You will work it out,

Yeah I’d like to hear this

Work what out ??

• @happy tiger:

@Geo.:

@WestsBenTigers:

@Geo.:

Don’t listen to Happy…

Why not listen to Happy?

You will work it out,

Yeah I’d like to hear this

Work what out ??

What’s your reason Geo

If it isn’t good enough Happy beats you

• ForumSupporter

The Gladstone Open…wow…I’m surprised it didn’t grant you a US Masters exemption that year…

• iron

@Geo.:

The Gladstone Open…wow…I’m surprised it didn’t grant you a US Masters exemption that year…

Most memorable part of the day was when we got back to clubhouse and found out the WT’s had put the cleaners threw the Warriors

Pretty sure it was Queens Birthday Weekend

Meant a lot to me , had been playing horrible golf for a few months , and basically survived the weekend because of my putter , 7 Iron and 9 iron

• @happy tiger:

iron

@Geo.:

Most memorable part of the day was when we got back to clubhouse and found out the WT’s had put the cleaners threw the Warriors

Pretty sure it was Queens Birthday Weekend

Meant a lot to me , had been playing horrible golf for a few months , and basically survived the weekend because of my putter , 7 Iron and 9 iron

Love my 7 iron, i would happily play an entire round with it alone. even putt with it

Recent Topics