What has everyone been up to?

• Long off season, i haven’t been on the forum in a while. What has everyone been up to? Any exciting news?

I have nothing exciting to share, coming to an end of my HSC thank the above! I’m sure there are a few others in the same boat (or whale).

• ForumSupporter

Lots of Drugs…

• Been fishing without success several times. No Macks, no Jacks, no Barra. Id like to say I got the crabs but missed out there too.
    Went to my HS reunion and got reminded about all the stuff I spent the last 40 years forgetting. Caught up with some great mates and talked hours of BS. Some of the old flames are gorgeous as ever.
    Kids are getting bigger and cheekier, doing well in school, music and sport.
    I’m becoming more and more decrepit as time goes by. Was jogging 3.5 k per day and now hobbling after pulling a ligament in my left leg. Im worried my wife is going to have me put down.
    Looking forward to next season.

• Watching the ALeague and now Westworld too.

• Administrators

Working.
    my life is so exciting

• Just resumed work after major cancer surgery and radiation therapy , looking forward to some good times, where is Tiger Torch, I reckon he was Buckets

• Moved house near on two months ago. Been doing anything and everything since.

Haven’t had a weekend to myself for about two months before that and since. Two weekends from now will be the first weekend where we have no plans in over four months. Will finally start to get to work on the house and my veggie garden.

Other than that, work, A-League and being dad.

• @rex2ce:

Just resumed work after major cancer surgery and radiation therapy , looking forward to some good times, where is Tiger Torch, I reckon he was Buckets

Christ mate, hope you’ve only got good news from here on.

Not sure about TT. Don’t know what he had to gain by spreading misinformation.

• I saw my Sharkies mates dare to believe then lose their collective [swearword] when Cronulla won the GF. Reminded me very much of 2005, kind of nostalgic in some ways.

Went back to work after 6 months paternity leave, no fun at all. Nothing better than spending time with your family, followed by sitting down to watch the Sunday match with a beer, knowing you don’t have to go to work the next day. Well that’s now a fond memory and the footy is over too!

• semi retired, so work but mostly doing the things around the house that I’ve been putting off. its amazing how long the list is!

going fishing up north in a couple weeks so hanging out for that.

• drinking Jim Beam Devil’s Cut burbo.
    Eating chocolate.
    Do intend to visit my elderly parents. a few times in the off season, because when it’s all said and done, no one can ever replace your parents, we have a good relationship.
    They are still very sharp and cheeky, dad 91, mum 86.
    So I want to make the most of there remaining time.

• @rex2ce:

Just resumed work after major cancer surgery and radiation therapy , looking forward to some good times, where is Tiger Torch, I reckon he was Buckets

Good luck and good health to you champ, sound like you could do with both.

• My daughter is mid way through her HSC, so it has been a little stressful around home, but she will do fine, she already has early entry into uni for a double degree.

• Admittedly lots of working and then spending time with the family. Have enjoyed a fair amount of swimming, Futsal, and indoor cricket, but not as reliably as I used to.

Real Estate in a place like the Gold Coast is a competitive, but rewarding gig. Love the lifestyle up here, and the genuine feeling of reaping what you sow - no other industry I know of puts you in such direct control of your own income, lifestyle, and reputation.

Well, Coaching a Rugby League team maybe. 😃

• I’m actually trying my hand at writing a story i have had in my head for about 3 or 4 yrs. Don’t know where the sudden inspiration has come from to get it all out of my system, but it came, and i am really enjoying being creative. Or at least trying to be :slight_smile:

Recent Topics