NRL Draw - 2017

• I personally think it is ridiculous that the AFL season finished the same weekend that the NRL did and the new AFL draw for 2017 was released on Thursday and us League fans will have to wait at least another month. Why does it take the NRL so long when the AFL have even more teams and get next yr’s draw out within 3 weeks of the previous season ending?

• ForumSupporter

I would write a stern letters to Greenburg, Grant, Hugh Marks and Steve Crawley if I were you…

• I used to like it when you knew after round 26 who youd play once and twice the following year

I guess therell be no trial vs the sharks next year…Id like to get the Roosters early on

• Banned

I guess the difference is we have mid year interruptions…ANZAC Test, SOO series, City/country etc…
    Our draw is more dynamic…

• @innsaneink:

I used to like it when you knew after round 26 who youd play once and twice the following year

I guess therell be no trial vs the sharks next year…Id like to get the Roosters early on

Well I think you can still work out who’ll you will play twice and once , you just couldn’t work out what order it would be

Biggest problems now is with all the different heritage / women in league / Indigenous rounds in my opinion

Plus add that teams want to play certain teams at certain grounds create issues as well

It would be nice though if the draw came out at the same time memberships came out so you could make informed decisions in that regard

• @happy tiger:

@innsaneink:

I used to like it when you knew after round 26 who youd play once and twice the following year

Well I think you can still work out who’ll you will play twice and once , you just couldn’t work out what order it would be

Biggest problems now is with all the different heritage / women in league / Indigenous rounds in my opinion

Plus add that teams want to play certain teams at certain grounds create issues as well

It would be nice though if the draw came out at the same time memberships came out so you could make informed decisions in that regard

Im pretty sure it changed a few seasons ago. Before the titans were admitted… 15 team comp… 3 pools of 5 teams based on the last year’s ladder… You’d play your own pool once and the other two pool teams twice

• @stryker:

I guess the difference is we have mid year interruptions…ANZAC Test, SOO series, City/country etc…
    Our draw is more dynamic…

That’s pretty fair reasoning.

• @innsaneink:

@happy tiger:

@innsaneink:

Im pretty sure it changed a few seasons ago. Before the titans were admitted… 15 team comp… 3 pools of 5 teams based on the last year’s ladder… You’d play your own pool once and the other two pool teams twice

Iam probably wrong but I thought the teams you played twice was no longer linked to previous years results and the clubs actually apply to play certain teams twice based on potential marketing appeal.

• @innsaneink:

@happy tiger:

@innsaneink:

Well there you go

Learnt something new , I thought that every position from 1-16 had a set combination of games based on the final position after the finals game from previous season

• The AFL is just run better than us. We really struggle at club level and NRL level on running the game.

• Hearing rumours that it could be released tomorrow.

• Yeah its coming out this week I believe

• ForumSupporter

1st home game will be v the Panthers Rd 2 Campbelltown…

• NRL draw is released on nrl.com at 11am tomorrow

Rd1 Souths @ANZ
    Rd2 Penrith @Campbelltown

Confirmed by the club

Recent Topics