November 1 and out Comes the Big Cash

• November 1 is when the big cash starts coming out for clubs chasing new players , I just hope we are well into Teddys and Mosses , Woods deals , brooks I’m not to concerned about but hope it’s under way as well , get it done settle them down to play Footy , the one I am concerned with is ET , where is his signing , this one is also a must

• Iam confident ET is done and dusted, but the big four I get the feeling will drag on for months. 1 Nov maybe legal buying season, but you can bet your last dollars the predator club would have already started talks with our players.

Be great if we can get the four of them signed for another three years, but can not see it happening

• ForumSupporter

I can see 3 if not all 4 locked up…. .with staggered contract lengths…and before RD 1

I would even throw in a 5th Nofoaluma,

• Noffa is almost the forgotten man. His form in the second half of the year has made him a priority imo.

I do think that if one or two re-sign, the others will fall like domino’s. The question is, who will be the first to take the plunge?

• Hope Geo is right , would be good if they were signed up for the start of the season , but I’m just a bit worried about ET , would have thought this would have been done already

• @Geo.:

I can see 3 if not all 4 locked up…. .with staggered contract lengths…and before RD 1

Yep, staggering is crucial. 4 years for Teddy, three or two for the rest.

If we’re keeping Brooks, he should never be off contract at the same time as Moses. Too much opportunity for their manager to apply the pressure. (I can imagine a situation where we try to play hardball with Brooks and his manager says Moses is going to leave.)

• @Masterton:

@Geo.:

If we’re keeping Brooks, he should never be off contract at the same time as Moses. Too much opportunity for their manager to apply the pressure. (I can imagine a situation where we try to play hardball with Brooks and his manager says Moses is going to leave.)

And obviously Brooks and Moses’ manager will not want them staggered. This will a be tough negotiation period for Pascoe. Good luck, because hes gonna cop it if they leave.

• @gallagher:

@Masterton:

@Geo.:

And obviously Brooks and Moses’ manager will not want them staggered. This will a be tough negotiation period for Pascoe. Good luck, because hes gonna cop it if they leave.

Not necessarily. If they are staggered and they are the form halves they may attract more money rather than competing or the same money. Or maybe not……

• @Geo.:

I like them odds. Hopefully we can add Sue & Ava to that list.

• @greatodensraven:

@Geo.:

To be honest i’m not all that worried about Sue and Ava. They make their metres and tackles but lack aggression. Sue wants to be an enforcer but he has to walk the walk. I’d hope at midway through next year they are struggling to make the side as some of our juniors have stepped up. Felise will be there and hopefully either Paseka or Tatola will be on the bench.

• @Tiger Tim:

@greatodensraven:

@Geo.:

To be honest i’m not all that worried about Sue and Ava. They make their metres and tackles but lack aggression. Sue wants to be an enforcer but he has to walk the walk. I’d hope at midway through next year they are struggling to make the side as some of our juniors have stepped up. Felise will be there and hopefully either Paseka or Tatola will be on the bench.

I could be wrong but from memory both had less than average ball control, making a good run then knocking on at the wrestle or play of the ball…

• Bout time we had a new thread

• I caught up with Ben Elias (Moses) uncle last Saturday in a corp box at Rosehill… being Tiger fan we talked a fair bit… he reckons Moses ain’t going anywhere

• Ava and Jesse both need to take the next step , both have around 80 games up now

If they can’t impose themselves more on footy games we may need to look elsewhere

Been saying it for a long time , Jesse is a back rower as long as he can handle it laterally

• @tigerap:

I caught up with Ben Elias (Moses) uncle last Saturday in a corp box at Rosehill… being Tiger fan we talked a fair bit… he reckons Moses ain’t going anywhere

hope so, he has the traits become a leader at this club if he wants to

Recent Topics