Lamar Liolevave

Released by Bulldogs.
Currently available.

Would u want him back?
I can see this guy being another “what if”

Has been passed by a number of new prospects and not making it at a second club is not a positive.

Shades of a less effective BMM.

Funny how we sort of fought off the Bulldogs a few years ago to keep Lamar, then his form wasn’t so good and we released him anyway, then Dogs figured out he wasn’t much chop after all.

Not lived up to the hype from his U20 days, not up to NRL standard, a big pass on getting him back from me!!

Thought he was a bit too cool for school, didn’t have the attitude or work rate to lift his game.

I’d take him for ron massey if he wanted a gig but i reckon he’ll head back up to qld or even go back to nz.

No thanks he is another player with ability but has not kicked on.I doubt he will ever reach what he should be.

I must admit to not knowing much about him to comment but I was more curious in what we get out of the Keebra Park arrangements, of which Lamar came from, as not many of them seem to kick on for us.

I found this list of graduates interesting - http://www.keebraparkrugbyleague.com.au/program-graduates/

I wonder what our investment is versus the returns.

Same level and abilities and slack work rate as Sirro :sign:

It now seems TMM made him look better then he ever was. LL and Funaki were both big hopes for the club and neither have lived up to anything. Let’s hope Marsters comes on better then they did

Another big strong Polynesian who cruised through junior grades and struggled when he didn’t have size advantage in grade
Is it smart to keep link with keebra
They are a physical massive side that overpower other schoolboys sides But once they don’t have size advantage they can’t compete on even playground

I was told by schoolboys coach.
U can make it through the schoolboy system easier then just playing sg ball Flegg. Back in the day

@fergiefurr:

It now seems TMM made him look better then he ever was. LL and Funaki were both big hopes for the club and neither have lived up to anything. Let’s hope Marsters comes on better then they did

Aye but they fail by the bucketload those NYC and elite schoolboy kids. Sure we had wraps on them and also Seve, but every club has these kids they invest in who don’t kick on.

Karlos Filiga and Luke Branighan are for me the two prime examples of super-hyped star schoolboys who just don’t even get an NRL career going. Mitch Cornish is pretty much in that bucket too now, and who knows for Brooks, though he has at least played 50 odd games.

@mctiger:

I must admit to not knowing much about him to comment but I was more curious in what we get out of the Keebra Park arrangements, of which Lamar came from, as not many of them seem to kick on for us.

I found this list of graduates interesting - http://www.keebraparkrugbyleague.com.au/program-graduates/

theres been some pretty solid ones

Sam Moa

Corey Norman

Ben Teo

Greg Eastwood

Bodene Thompson

That’s half a dozen (or so) in 15 years if you include Benji…
Hardly anymore than any other school.

Its simply a program to get talent… Schools like Palm Beach Currumbin & St Brendans Yeppoon are probably better from a Qld perspective.

@pHyR3:

@mctiger:

theres been some pretty solid ones

Sam Moa

Corey Norman

Ben Teo

Greg Eastwood

Bodene Thompson

You could add others currently playing NRL including Jordan Kahu, Isaac Lui, Ignatius Passi, Lehi Pulu, Tauatau Moga, Jai Arrow, JJ Felise, Te Maire Martin, Kenny Edwards and Jaleen Feeney.

Current youngsters that haven’t quite cracked first grade yet such as Heleta, and young Payne Haas tipped for very big things. As well as others who’ve played first grade for us before like Robert Lui, Rangi Chase, Jamaal Lolesi, BMM, Krtis Rowe, Delouise Hoeter. And Tim Smith and some guy called Marshall.

Sure not all world class Batboy but not bad for a single school over the past 10-15 years. Not many schools in the country would have a better record than that, and those that do are already affiliated with other clubs.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.