Warren McDonnell ---> Bulldogs

McDonnell?
He’d have to be the only bloke left from day dot?

He was good at identifying young talent to introduce into our system, but I guess these days most kids who have talent standout like lights in the dark anyway.

McDonnell, yea
Sorry - early morning…

MODS - thread title adjustment? haha.

fixed…

See ya Macca…the bloke was rusted on…

I’d love to have a job like his.
Not the most well liked guy around here though, I’ve noticed.

Reading this morning he is off to the Dogs - never thought I’d see the day….

Disappointing. I thought he did well.

I’m interested to know why he is hated so much?

I know we haven’t had much luck with top level recruitment but i don’t think that is down to the recruitment manager. Probably more to do with poor facilities and lack of funds. Our recruitment at the junior pathway level has been pretty good for a while.

Recruitment has been good at making finals in under 20’s and SG Ball. Unfortunately not many have kicked on to be standout first grade players.

@Bones:

I’m interested to know why he is hated so much?

I know we haven’t had much luck with top level recruitment but i don’t think that is down to the recruitment manager. Probably more to do with poor facilities and lack of funds. Our recruitment at the junior pathway level has been pretty good for a while.

It probably all began when his son was in the team

Not sure why so many people didn’t like him. I was indifferent. After so long at one place, it’s probably healthy he moves on.

:wahoo: Goodbye sweet Lard lad.

The guy’s expertise was identifying top level junior talent and getting them into our system. Can’t really deny that we’ve always had a massive number of quality young players in our system, both locally (Moses, Brooks, Woods, Tedesco, Nofoaluma, Sue) and from other districts (Fifita, Liddle, Cherrington). Despite some opinions on here, I think he will be a significant loss to our development system.

There were reports Hasler wasn’t impressed with the Dogs junior pathways and talent identification, so they’ve definitely got a quality person for that now.

@innsaneink:

McDonnell?
He’d have to be the only bloke left from day dot?

Skando ??

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.