Players ins v outs

Just read that Obed Kharwin has signed with the Redcliffe dolphins for next season. Not that by any means is he a world beater but we arent exactly flush with wingers at the Tigers. So all up whether they were released or signed with another club we have lost :- Kharwin , Peni , Taylor , Addo Carr , Drinkwater , Fine , Liolevave , Buchanan , Cherrington , Farah , Halatau and now Sironen. And the only official signing coming in is Idris. I know most of the players mentioned above are not on big dollars but it all adds up. Either the club is holding some cash back until the right players come along to sign or they are still paying crazy amounts to the bulk of the squad. Would really like to see a few more additions to the squad before the start of the 2017 season or the club in my opinion is going ti struggle with player depth when injuries come up. It is just hard watching other clubs sign this player and that player and we have made one. It really is hard being a Wests Tigers supporter sometimes but i will keep my fingers crossed for next season.

Look on the upside……none if any of the players you named are much of a loss TBH(except for Farah ON the field, not off it).
At least we are burning off some dead wood these days instead of stockpiling it like we used to.

Lost Taylor? He is training with the team now, and we now have some extra $$$ to make it official.

Did I miss something?

@Tiger78:

Just read that Obed Kharwin has signed with the Redcliffe dolphins for next season. Not that by any means is he a world beater but we arent exactly flush with wingers at the Tigers. So all up whether they were released or signed with another club we have lost :- Kharwin , Peni , Taylor , Addo Carr , Drinkwater , Fine , Liolevave , Buchanan , Cherrington , Farah , Halatau and now Sironen. And the only official signing coming in is Idris. I know most of the players mentioned above are not on big dollars but it all adds up. Either the club is holding some cash back until the right players come along to sign or they are still paying crazy amounts to the bulk of the squad. Would really like to see a few more additions to the squad before the start of the 2017 season or the club in my opinion is going ti struggle with player depth when injuries come up. It is just hard watching other clubs sign this player and that player and we have made one. It really is hard being a Wests Tigers supporter sometimes but i will keep my fingers crossed for next season.

Totally agree mate im not upset on losing these players just thought there would be a few more players coming in. Still have to fill a reserve grade side. I dare say there will be a fair few from the 20s getting promoted whether they are ready or not wont have a choice.

Haha phil1986 wrong Taylor was talking about Charlie Taylor the winger not Elijah.

no use keeping players who are not going to make a difference. Okay I know you need depth players, but you get a steady stream of them every year through your own system.

Although you would think they have a player or two linked up, ET of course is one that should be announced any day but I get the feeling they have another player in there sights. Nagamia going to ESL has gone very quite

@phil1986:

Lost Taylor? He is training with the team now, and we now have some extra $$$ to make it official.

Did I miss something?

@Tiger78:

Charlie Taylor the winger

Have a feeling that an impressive off season will see Heleta right in the mix, and so it should. If ever a guy deserves a chance its him. From mostly playing left centre he showed his versatility this year switching to fullback and being an attacking force all over the field. Reports suggested he busted his backside all season on and off the field. I have a gut feeling that while he may not “test” as well as some natural athletic outside backs in our off season testing, he will out play them and grab any opportunity through a bigger heart….exactly what we need. Give him a go.

Haha oops.

Happy to lose a fair few fringe first graders to pick up 2 former international in Elijah and idris.

Shame about ado Carr, but can’t keep them all.

This is really what we have been asking for for some time. Cleaning out the dead wood or non performing players .

@king sirro:

@phil1986:

Did I miss something?

@Tiger78:

As WT supporter I prefer we sign local NYC juniors and budget, value for money players than expensive, high-risk players e.g. Anasta or Blair. Our recruitment in the last few years was very good e.g. Aloiai, E Taylor, T Grant, Austin, Taupau, JAC. :sign:

Here’s two more names for your “Out List”.
McConnachie and Milone

“Kharwin , Peni , Charlie Taylor , Addo Carr , Drinkwater , Fine , Liolevave , Buchanan , Cherrington , Farah , Halatau, Sironen”.

@king sirro:

@phil1986:

Did I miss something?

@Tiger78:

Where has Taylor gone?
I thought he showed some promise.
Looks like we are getting rid of every winger in the club so we can play Rankin in first grade.

@cktiger:

@king sirro:

@phil1986:

Did I miss something?

@Tiger78:

Where has Taylor gone?
I thought he showed some promise.
Looks like we are getting rid of every winger in the club so we can play Rankin in first grade.

I think rugby sevens

You also have to keep in mind of the “ins” like Liddle, Paseka, Marsters, Tatola, Jacobs, Felise, B Sirro etc.

The current problem is the lack of balance in the forwards and backs. We aren’t promoting many/any backs from our NYC squad, while we’ve let go nearly all of our outside backs from this years nsw cup side.

I’m sure we will sign some more 2nd tier backs in the very near future though. It’s just a shame to lose 3 of our most promising outside backs. Karwhin did have attitude problems apparently, can’t see Bennett giving him a shot.

I’m guessing we’ll be signing some more Hunt/Addo Carr type 2nd tier signings soon. Not household names, but one’s who’ll eb our depth or be the youngsters pushing for a crack.

Heleta is the only outside back left busting a gut for a shot. Suli and Papenhuyzen are probably too young to get much of a look in next year, but you never know…!

Finally the deadwood and non performers are gradually being weeded out right through the club …about time.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.