NFL v NRL

• I know various NRL coaches have taken themselves over to the USA to do advanced coach tutorials and some players from Union and League have gone there to train. I think Jonah Lomu still holds a bench press record at one of the clubs.
    It looks like this tradition is continuing this summer…or maybe they are doing a Hayne.

Jason Taumalolo and Valentine Holmes drop NFL bombshell
    NOVEMBER 21, 20162:48PM

Dreaming.
    news.com.au

DALLY M player of the year Jason Taumalolo and Kangaroos star Valentine Holmes are chasing a career in the NFL after flying to the United States for a series of trials.
    The North Queensland wrecking-ball and the Sharks try-scorer have not returned to Australia following Australia’s win over New Zealand in the Four Nations final and have instead flown out from London to the United States to chase a potential trial with an American football team.
    The pair will hold a trial for NFL scouts in Los Angeles on Saturday (Sunday AEDT), according to an NFL management council communication issued to every NFL team.
    The Roar reports the NFL memo classifies Taumalolo and Holmes free agents for the 2017-18 NFL season.
    “Jason Taumalolo and Valentine Holmes, two of the best players in Australia’s National Rugby League, have scheduled a work out for NFL clubs this Saturday,” the NFL management council communication stated.
    “These players are considered NFL free agents and are eligible to sign with clubs after the club has received written permission from the player’s National Rugby League club.”
    Both Taumalolo and Holmes are off-contract at the end of the 2017 NRL season.
    The two stars are both clients of Pacific Sports Management’s Gavin Orr and Chris Orr.
    Jason Taumalolo would be a huge loss to the NRL.Source:News Corp Australia
    The Courier-Mail reports the pair are unlikely to try and break their existing deals, but their futures in rugby league are far from certain.

• ForumSupporter

Good Luck to both…

• Neither of them will make it. Very talented Rugby League players but it is a different skill set. If they were serious they would of tried earlier and gone through the college system like Adam Gotsis and Jesse Williams.

• Saw the thread name
    My take
    NRL run by rank amatuers

NFL run by professionals

• @Blackpearl:

Saw the thread name
    My take
    NRL run by rank amatuers

NFL run by professionals

Mate its the whole peanuts and monkeys thing.

NFL did USD 13B of revenue in 2016 and their commissioner earned USD 34.1M for season 2014.

NRL had revenues of AUD 374M in 2015 and Todd Greenberg earns about AUD 1M per season.

• Go Fins

Won again ……

• My Tigers and my Bengals are major disappointments this year.Bengals made the playoffs for a number of years straight but are toothless this year.
    Like all team sports they delivery frequent misery and rare joy.
    Unfortunately the story of my life but as always i love ih hope for next season

• @jadtiger:

My Tigers and my Bengals are major disappointments this year.Bengals made the playoffs for a number of years straight but are toothless this year.
    Like all team sports they delivery frequent misery and rare joy.
    Unfortunately the story of my life but as always i love ih hope for next season

They’ve been garbage this year.

• IMO Valentine Holmes hasn’t really set the world on fire in the NRL much less the NFL. The hype has outweighed the reality in his short career thus far. Taumalolo’s main weapon is his power in the NRL but in the NFL he would be up against massive blokes who would make his power look insignificant when up against theirs. Can’t really see JT or VH making any inroads into the NFL.

• @Fade To Black:

IMO Valentine Holmes hasn’t really set the world on fire in the NRL much less the NFL. The hype has outweighed the reality in his short career thus far. Taumalolo’s main weapon is his power in the NRL but in the NFL he would be up against massive blokes who would make his power look insignificant when up against theirs. Can’t really see JT or VH making any inroads into the NFL.

My limited knowledge of NFL leads me to believe you need explosive power in short burst.
    One of Taumalolo’s strength if that he has stamina and can play long minutes. Which doesn’t really translate over to NGL will all the breaks.

• @jirskyr:

@Blackpearl:

Saw the thread name
    My take
    NRL run by rank amatuers

NFL run by professionals

Mate its the whole peanuts and monkeys thing.

NFL did USD 13B of revenue in 2016 and their commissioner earned USD 34.1M for season 2014.

NRL had revenues of AUD 374M in 2015 and Todd Greenberg earns about AUD 1M per season.

Their population is about 13 x ours, there economy is ? how many times bigger etc.

However it does not matter how professional the game is if it is a DUD!

I know people like it (one of my sons in particular), but to my mind it has nothing to offer.

• Can’t believe the Fins are a chance at a wildcard

• @Blackpearl:

Saw the thread name
    My take
    NRL run by rank amatuers

NFL run by professionals

do you follow the NFL? same complaints there as here

and some of their decisions are beyond braindead. they are a very shady organisation at times

although the NRL is less professional, id take those guys any day over the NFL.

• @pHyR3:

@Blackpearl:

Saw the thread name
    My take
    NRL run by rank amatuers

NFL run by professionals

do you follow the NFL? same complaints there as here

and some of their decisions are beyond braindead. they are a very shady organisation at times

although the NRL is less professional, id take those guys any day over the NFL.

Can’t agree. The NFL is a hell of a lot more professional in terms of getting on-field decisions right than what the s#*t-pot NRL is……not even a close argument. That being said, the NFL with its stop-start game would be a lot easier to officiate.
    The NFL gets a lot of things wrong in off-field matters involving it’s players ie Ray Lewis, Michael Vick, Roethlisberger etc. As does the NRL continually.
    The inbred buffoons running the NRL couldn’t work out how to flush a dunny between the lot of them, we have got the worst of a bad lot “running” our game. They are an embarrassment.

Recent Topics