Ashleigh Nisbet

• Don’t know if you guys are aware, the Weststigers have signed this young 2nd rower to the top 25 from the Sharks. He is training with the full time squad. Ash can play centre like most back rowers. However, I forgot to ask if he is a goal kicker. He is now 100kg, 193cm, 20years old and I believe he was captain of the Aussie School boys. No go at Sharks, as they keep signing the older boys. Go Weststigers!

• We seem to have every season some young guy that is talked up to the max……But they never seem to get on the field to show their wares.

• @maxxy86:

We seem to have every season some young guy that is talked up to the max……But they never seem to get on the field to show their wares.

Didn’t JAC come from the Sharks and got talked up

• You sure he’s been signed to the top 25?

• That is what I was told today. I questioned top 25, response yes. Source goes to games with him, even when playing for Newtown.

• @happy tiger:

@maxxy86:

We seem to have every season some young guy that is talked up to the max……But they never seem to get on the field to show their wares.

As well as the other young guy from last season that ended up debuting in the backrow first round and then played every match.

• @formerguest:

@happy tiger:

@maxxy86:

As well as the other young guy from last season that ended up debuting in the backrow first round and then played every match.

If you mean Aloiai wasn’t he from Parra ….

• Date of Birth: 10-11-1996
    Height: 193cm
    Weight: 94kg
    Position: Second Row, Lock
    Rep. Honours: Australian Schoolboys
    Junior Clubs: Aquinas Colts

Information from 2 and 1/2 years ago;

Ben Chenoweth
    22 Jul 2014, 2:03 p.m.

St Gregory’s College student Ashleigh Nesbit is the latest in a long list of rugby league players from the college chosen to represent Australia. ASHLEIGH Nisbet had to overcome fierce competition from the nation’s most promising rugby league players as well as some dodgy Darwin delicacies before being selected for the Australia Secondary Schools Rugby League 18-years squad to tour France and England in November and December.

Named man of match in his first game for the NSW Combined Catholic Colleges side after scoring a try and setting up several others, the year 12 St Gregory’s College student was named in the 24-man squad after impressing selectors at the Australia Secondary Schools Rugby League National Championships earlier this month in Darwin.

His local high school has one of the more successful production lines when it comes to churning out NRL players. Players include Tim Sheens, James Tedesco, Beau Scott, Ryan Hoffman, Trent Barrett, Jason Taylor and Wests Tigers coach Mick Potter.

Nesbit said he was honoured to be mentioned in the same breathe as some of the school’s greats. “It was really good to get that green and gold jersey, being at St Greg’s and being able to get my name alongside those players,” he said.

Part of the Cronulla Sharks system, the teenager is eligible for the club’s under-20s squad for at least another two seasons. But Nisbet’s long-term sights are set on the NRL.

• Thanks for the news claws. Go tigers.

• Some good players from that School.

• Another backrow option can’t hurt, decent size and should only improve.

• Hope you are correct our backrow is mediocre to poor.He may not be first grade standard yet but will at least put pressure on the incumbents as should MCK

• Just makes me think of Toy Story, my kids watch it all the time.

“Don’t you get it!? I am MRS NESBITT!”

• @happy tiger:

@formerguest:

@happy tiger:

@maxxy86:

If you mean Aloiai wasn’t he from Parra ….

Yes Aloiai came from Parra

• I like the move kids goes ok.

Recent Topics