Runaway Semi signs with Toulon

• Grub of the highest order.Hope he never gets to play in australia again.

• Deadset idiot this fella

• ForumSupporter

• And a player missed out on a Kangaroos jersey because of this dropkick.

Any bets on whether the NRL will welcome him back with open arms?

• @upthetigers:

And a player missed out on a Kangaroos jersey because of this dropkick.

Course they will

If we had someone at the top with some balls , these blokes wouldn’t be back until hell freezes over

Lets see then if they go swapping between codes

Reports the Ponga deal with Newcastle has gone through as well

• Let him go, the game has survived this before, and it will again.

He’ll probably end up in gaol before he gets a chance to come crawling back.

What’s the problem with the Ponga deal Happy?

• @Cultured Bogan:

Let him go, the game has survived this before, and it will again.

He’ll probably end up in gaol before he gets a chance to come crawling back.

What’s the problem with the Ponga deal Happy?

No problem , its just official now according to sunrise

• Oh OK, no worries.

• @happy tiger:

@upthetigers:

And a player missed out on a Kangaroos jersey because of this dropkick.

Course they will

If we had someone at the top with some balls , these blokes wouldn’t be back until hell freezes over

Lets see then if they go swapping between codes

Reports the Ponga deal with Newcastle has gone through as well

Is the Ponga deal still 2018 or have Knights managed to come to a arrangement with the Cows for 2017???

• If the NRL are fairdinkum, then they will slap a life ban on him. Nothing less.

Would love to know what part his manager played in the deal. You’d think the NRL would have a think about his accreditation considering he was dealing with the opposition.

• If I was a Parra fan I’d be pretty annoyed w Semi. Personally I’m not fussed if he stays or goes, Eels can fall in a hole for all I care.

It seems to me that the new influx of Fijian players are the epitome of short-term investments - brought into the NRL system late in their development, usually from a rugby background, often from a very modest socioeconomic position, family at home and probably no particular affiliation to a particular club or geography.

I know some lost their way with NRL clubs e.g. Naiyaravoro, but they do seem very likely for code-swapping - also Koroibete, Eto Nabuli, Sisa Waqa, Peni Tagive, Tuiqiri being the most famous example. I wonder how long before Vunivalu gets a Super Rugby offer?

• @jirskyr:

If I was a Parra fan I’d be pretty annoyed w Semi. Personally I’m not fussed if he stays or goes, Eels can fall in a hole for all I care.

It seems to me that the new influx of Fijian players are the epitome of short-term investments - brought into the NRL system late in their development, usually from a rugby background, often from a very modest socioeconomic position, family at home and probably no particular affiliation to a particular club or geography.

I know some lost their way with NRL clubs e.g. Naiyaravoro, but they do seem very likely for code-swapping - also Koroibete, Eto Nabuli, Sisa Waqa, Peni Tagive, Tuiqiri being the most famous example. I wonder how long before Vunivalu gets a Super Rugby offer?

For a lot of them its their only chance in life to make a bob and look after their extended family, so of course they are going to chase the big buck, the only trouble they seldom look beyond football and opt for the short term pot of gold. He stays with Parra for half the money but gets looked after when his career is over is better than globe trotting for five years and than have no earning capacity for the next 30 years

• @Chris:

If the NRL are fairdinkum, then they will slap a life ban on him. Nothing less.

Would love to know what part his manager played in the deal. You’d think the NRL would have a think about his accreditation considering he was dealing with the opposition.

Chris you would think there lays the problem…his manager although history tells us he is not the sharpest or nicest tool in the shed

• @Chris:

If the NRL are fairdinkum, then they will slap a life ban on him. Nothing less.

Why??
    His job is to get him the best deal possible. He’s free to negotiate with anyone he wants to.
    Should we hang Holmes’s,and Taumololos managers for them skipping off to an NFL trial about 5mins after playing for their country.
    Get used to it, There’s more to come
    As for people having him back,
    If he isn’t guilty of any charges surrounding him, I’d have him here any day of the week.

He’s a long away ahead of any of our wingers.

Recent Topics