The anticipation of a great 2017 season...

• I was talking to a friend who is a member of WTs on the weekend and he said that he had a chat with a couple of guys who had spoken to Matt Mcillrick…Matt is super keen to play for the WTs and the change to a new club has revitalised him…with Jamal coming on board and ET resigning,and the RF dramas behind us,maybe the year ahead could be more fruitful than first thought…apparently the young guys are really enthusiastic about their footy and we could see a much improved team come the first round…JT can concentrate on the coaching of the team more now RF has gone,and hopefully the new D coaches can iron out some of the faults within our defensive structures…I’m not saying we are going to be grand finalists,however a marked improvement could see us contending for a top 4 spot,it doesn’t matter as long as the team puts in every week and has a good go that would please me…

Looking forward to it… :sign:

• TT…like every year at this time I have some positive vibes about the following season, plenty of things to be positive about, but after been disappointed so many times in the past my optimism is moderate at best.

You know the story their is a voice in my head telling me their are five reason why we are going to have a great season and their is another giving me 10 reason why we won’t

• I would be more enthusiastic about the year ahead if I could be guaranteed JT gets the axe mid season if they’re not performing well. He doesn’t deserve another full season.

• ForumSupporter

TT…I anticipate the Off-Season whinging will ramp up towards the end of Pre-season whinging…Culminating in 2017 Season Over before a Footy is kicked in anger proper…

• I think if we can be as good on the field as we have been off it lately we’ll win a lot of games.

• Great to hear the team are all positive. I hope that all the positivity remains with the team through out the off season and that translates to results on the field come season proper.

• @supercoach:

TT…like every year at this time I have some positive vibes about the following season, plenty of things to be positive about, but after been disappointed so many times in the past my optimism is moderate at best.

You know the story their is a voice in my head telling me their are five reason why we are going to have a great season and their is another giving me 10 reason why we won’t

I’m with you, but those reasons have plenty of strength this coming season, with a good spine and forward leader, and particularly the absence of the departed square that wanted to fill our round hole.

As per TT I am looking forward to the season and feeling positive on all fronts, including recruitment and retention, so finishing fourth to sixth and making our presence felt in the finals for mine.

• Well my expectations at the moment are that we blew a great chance last season to make finals. And I can see other teams that finished below us to have better season ahead.
    Having said that I hope we improve, my heart says it but my head doesn’t. And like someone has stated on here if we aren’t travelling well by rounds 12-18 we need a change of coach. Two and a half seasons is long enough to turns things around IMO.

• The trouble is we are only looking at our mob, you have to look at every other club and than think who are we going to realistically finish in front of. Obviously to make the eight there must be at least eight teams who will finish below us, I can see some obvious teams we should beat home but there is not eight of them.
    Of course as I always say, every year there are the climbers and the sliders so lets hope we are a climber

• Players say what fans wanna hear mostly.
    Another off season after another fail sees me a little more blase’ each year

• I hope for a good 2017 but to be honest i am not anticipating it.I dont want to hear about “process” during the year i want to see us winning over 50% of the games.I understand that coaches players and management always talk things up(every club does) but its time to deliver.Talk is cheap performance is a lot harder.

• JT wants a union for coaches to offer job security. It was on the news last night. JT not too keen at all to talk about RF (or the apparent contradiction of him moving on contracted players) while he himself wants job security.

• I’m hopeful of a good 2017 season but realistically we can’t really expect big things until 2018 when we will be able to go to the marketplace all cashed and with our “big 4” secured. Patience, people - we have known this for the last two years.

• Banned

Big expectations next year. Tedesco, Moses and brooks will have break out years. Idris will add some mongrel. ETvwill be a great link between the halves. No farah so no more excuses Mr JT in your third year.

• @GNR4LIFE:

I think if we can be as good on the field as we have been off it lately we’ll win a lot of games.

Mr Buckets O’neill notwithstanding!

Recent Topics