BBL on Christmas?

• The boss of the Big Bash has suggested playing a match on Christmas Day. He said with the success of Adelaide hosting a New Year’s Eve match that the same a Christmas match could be just as successful.

I would like to hear your opinions on this thought.

• I think it could work.
    As long as it’s in the same city every year, like the Adelaide NYE game.

• Xmas is a special day for families, particularly for younger children, so no for mine.

• @formerguest:

Xmas is a special day for families, particularly for younger children, so no for mine.

Pass

Feel sorry for any poor bugger that has to work Xmas Day

Had to do it for 6 years , money ain’t worth it

Some days need to be sacred

• Prick of an idea from an obviuos tool

• If this ever were to become a fixture, it will either have to be a Melbourne derby or a Sydney derby. This are, imo, the 2 biggest fixtures in the entire bbl, especially the 90,000 who turned up at the MCG last year. So if they want to attract big crowds it has to be a derby. I personally say Melbourne derby, just because the 2 Melbourne teams are the christmas colours. Saying that, it would have to be at Etihad due to the boxing day Test match at the MCG.

• As long as it doesn’t prevent Davey Warner enjoying the cartoons on the OLED with his kiddies……

• Let the players decide. They will be the ones away from their families.
    How much money does the ACB need?

• @Fade To Black:

As long as it doesn’t prevent Davey Warner enjoying the cartoons on the OLED with his kiddies……

Because it’s one of the things he looks forward to when he comes home 😆

• @happy tiger:

@formerguest:

Xmas is a special day for families, particularly for younger children, so no for mine.

Pass

Feel sorry for any poor bugger that has to work Xmas Day

Had to do it for 6 years , money ain’t worth it

Some days need to be sacred

Mate I worked most xmas days for 41 years and I know where your coming from. I do not get why people need to be entertained 365 days a year. Okay I know there are people who spend the day alone and are not lucky enough to have family and friends to hang out with, but lets keep one day a year where we are not glued to electronic devices and actually talk and make eye contact with people

• No thanks

• Agree with supercoach

• @WestsBenTigers:

@Fade To Black:

As long as it doesn’t prevent Davey Warner enjoying the cartoons on the OLED with his kiddies……

Because it’s one of the things he looks forward to when he comes home 😆

He probably enjoys it more than seeing his missus shoving Sonny Bill out the back door when he comes home 😲

• That wouldn’t be easy to live with knowing your missus did that

• It could hardly come as a huge shock to him though….it’s been round the block more times than the garbage truck.

Recent Topics