BBL on Christmas?

The boss of the Big Bash has suggested playing a match on Christmas Day. He said with the success of Adelaide hosting a New Year’s Eve match that the same a Christmas match could be just as successful.

I would like to hear your opinions on this thought.

I think it could work.
As long as it’s in the same city every year, like the Adelaide NYE game.

Xmas is a special day for families, particularly for younger children, so no for mine.

@formerguest:

Xmas is a special day for families, particularly for younger children, so no for mine.

Pass

Feel sorry for any poor bugger that has to work Xmas Day

Had to do it for 6 years , money ain’t worth it

Some days need to be sacred

Prick of an idea from an obviuos tool

If this ever were to become a fixture, it will either have to be a Melbourne derby or a Sydney derby. This are, imo, the 2 biggest fixtures in the entire bbl, especially the 90,000 who turned up at the MCG last year. So if they want to attract big crowds it has to be a derby. I personally say Melbourne derby, just because the 2 Melbourne teams are the christmas colours. Saying that, it would have to be at Etihad due to the boxing day Test match at the MCG.

As long as it doesn’t prevent Davey Warner enjoying the cartoons on the OLED with his kiddies……

Let the players decide. They will be the ones away from their families.
How much money does the ACB need?

@Fade To Black:

As long as it doesn’t prevent Davey Warner enjoying the cartoons on the OLED with his kiddies……

Because it’s one of the things he looks forward to when he comes home 😆

@happy tiger:

@formerguest:

Pass

Feel sorry for any poor bugger that has to work Xmas Day

Had to do it for 6 years , money ain’t worth it

Some days need to be sacred

Mate I worked most xmas days for 41 years and I know where your coming from. I do not get why people need to be entertained 365 days a year. Okay I know there are people who spend the day alone and are not lucky enough to have family and friends to hang out with, but lets keep one day a year where we are not glued to electronic devices and actually talk and make eye contact with people

Agree with supercoach

@WestsBenTigers:

@Fade To Black:

Because it’s one of the things he looks forward to when he comes home 😆

He probably enjoys it more than seeing his missus shoving Sonny Bill out the back door when he comes home 😲

That wouldn’t be easy to live with knowing your missus did that

It could hardly come as a huge shock to him though….it’s been round the block more times than the garbage truck.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.