2017 MEMBER COMMITTEE – NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN!..

• ForumSupporter

2017 MEMBER COMMITTEE – NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN!

Wests Tigers are asking for nominations for individuals to be a part of the Club’s 2017 Member Committee. Launched in 2016 the Wests Tigers Member Committee enabled effective two-way communication between the Club and its Members.

Wests Tigers are seeking individuals from a range of Membership categories to join the Wests Tigers Member Committee for the coming year.

The Wests Tigers Member Committee will meet bi-monthly at Concord Oval to share their thoughts and provide feedback on a range of topics, working with the Club’s CEO and Senior Management team.

Current Members are asked to nominate a Wests Tigers Member who they believe would be a good fit for the Committee. The Club will select the Committee from those nominated.

Nominations are open until 5pm Friday 17 December. Nominations can be made by emailing the below information to membership@weststigers.com.au.

What is required:

All applicants to send in their nominee.
    Email and phone number
    50 words or less why they are fit for the role.

http://exclusive.weststigersmembership.com.au/2017-member-committee-nominations-now-open//membership@weststigers.com.au

• ForumSupporter

Any member from here who wants to be Nominated…I’ll nominate you…

• Perhaps the forum could put up an official rep for nomination? Not to express their personal views, but to ask questions the forum wants posed and pass info back. Admins, is this something you’d support/facilitate?

• would be interested to hear from someone who was on the comittee last year as to if they feel it achieved anything. i dont have any desire to do it but wondering if they felt it was worthwhile?

my dealings with membership have always been beyond frustrating. no one is ever available and they never return calls or emails.

• @fergiefurr:

would be interested to hear from someone who was on the comittee last year as to if they feel it achieved anything. i dont have any desire to do it but wondering if they felt it was worthwhile?

my dealings with membership have always been beyond frustrating. no one is ever available and they never return calls or emails.

This is my concern, whether being on the committee has any substance, or if its just PR fluff. Not saying we should be privy to all the inner workings, but it would be good if we could ask legit questions like 2041 suggested so we can get some clarity.

• ForumSupporter

@2041:

Perhaps the forum could put up an official rep for nomination? Not to express their personal views, but to ask questions the forum wants posed and pass info back. Admins, is this something you’d support/facilitate?

As I said above …I am happy to nominate any forum member…They must be a Wests Tigers Membership holder for 2017 tho…

Remembering also this committee is aimed at improving Wests Tigers engagement with members/fans and game day experiences for members and fans alike…

Football operations such as recruitment/retention game plans etc are never on the agenda…

• @Geo.:

@2041:

Perhaps the forum could put up an official rep for nomination? Not to express their personal views, but to ask questions the forum wants posed and pass info back. Admins, is this something you’d support/facilitate?

As I said above …I am happy to nominate any forum member…They must be a Wests Tigers Membership holder for 2017 tho…

Remembering also this committee is aimed at improving Wests Tigers engagement with members/fans and game day experiences for members and fans alike…

Football operations such as recruitment/retention game plans etc are never on the agenda…

As with anything like this, the point is getting to know people who have access to decision makers. I think anyone representing the forum on this sort of committee ought to be prepared to deal with it on its own terms - being involved in conversations about engaging with Western Sydney residents etc - but also take the opportunity to become a useful ‘voice of the committed supporters’ to the club in general. The person on the other end of a phone or email knowing who you are is invaluable, basically.

We’ve got a week to get this together if it’s going to happen. I think the official nomination should come from he forum mods, and be expressed as an official endorsement by the forum of one representative.

So who’s willing to do it? I’ll put my hat in the ring if necessary, but I’m not in Sydney all the time so it might make sense for a full timer to stand up instead. If there are a few takers we can run a new thread as a poll.

Again, I’d welcome some input from mods here…

• I’ll put my hand up for this.

• TrueTiger would suit the role 2041 is talking about. He’d make a great ambassador for the forum.

• @GNR4LIFE:

TrueTiger would suit the role 2041 is talking about. He’d make a great ambassador for the forum.

Is this to replace the 2016 Membership committee commissioned at the end of 2015?

• What did last years membership committee get up to?
      I don’t really remember reading anything of them after the first meeting….

• http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2015/12/22/wests_tigers_member_.html

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016/01/29/member_committee_hol.html

Thats all I could find….the match day experiences last year were a big improvement &I think this WTMC had a bit to do with that

• @batboy:

@GNR4LIFE:

TrueTiger would suit the role 2041 is talking about. He’d make a great ambassador for the forum.

Is this to replace the 2016 Membership committee commissioned at the end of 2015?

• What did last years membership committee get up to?
      I don’t really remember reading anything of them after the first meeting….

On the drink in the Chairwoman’s Lounge and Supervised the Nudie Runs at season end.

Are you nominating this year?

• @innsaneink:

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2015/12/22/wests_tigers_member_.html

Thats all I could find….the match day experiences last year were a big improvement &I think this WTMC had a bit to do with that

The old boys day was about the only thing I remember that we did different, Even then - Wasn’t many WT’s old boys amongst it… More the pre JV old boys.
    Hopefully it goes a bit better this year…

Most match days I went to were same same… It’s a big job getting that many people in a room and getting them to agree on anything - especially WT’s fans.

• @innsaneink:

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2015/12/22/wests_tigers_member_.html

They were an improvement, but I think the ‘themes’ idea was often half done and a bit tokenistic. The Multicultural and Indigenous ones were fantastic, the Circus one was fun too, as was '80s. But the others weren’t as great and if you didn’t know about them in advance you probably wouldn’t even notice.

• @greatodensraven:

I’ll put my hand up for this.

I’ll 2nd your nomination

Get on it Geo

Recent Topics