Idris signing will hurt toothless Tigers..

• ForumSupporter

Idris signing will hurt toothless Tigers

By Staff WritersDecember 18, 2016

SO, the Wests Tigers have signed Jamal Idris to help revive their finals prospects. I hope they know what they’re doing.

He hasn’t played for 18 months and was never a player to produce effort after effort.

Sure, he has the size and body shape to make an impression. But he’ll be amazed at the added pace in the game since he last ran into touch.

The Tigers never fail to concern me these days. There have been widespread media reports on “welfare problems” within the club.

I get the impression someone is loading the gun but doesn’t have the balls to fire it.

The only problem I’m aware of within my old club is that they’re yet to re-sign their four big guns. They seem to be preoccupied with the proposed “Centre of Excellence”.

Wow. Now won’t that produce a player of quality? Yes, in about five years’ time, if they’re lucky. The club needs a senior management culling.

Steve ‘Blocker’ Roach

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/idris-signing-will-hurt-toothless-tigers/?adbsc=social_20161217_68776356&adbid=1353467548027818&adbpl=fb&adbpr=110919635615955

• ForumSupporter

😮 …Ummm does Blocker still have his Ambassadors role at the Wests Tigers… 😕

• Someone has peed him off and he himself has finally had the balls to spit it out

• Sirro Seniors best mate……

• Banned

I still have a soft spot for old blocker but I think he has finally gone soft in the brain.

Idris can’t be worse than Siro Jr that’s for sure.

• Banned

I dont agree with blocker very often but he is right about Idris. Idris is more likely to fail than succeed in my opinion, however it was a risk we needed to take for not too much financial risk. We need to look at Idris as a bonus of he succeeds, rather than pinning any hopes on him. His 18 months off is a huge concern for me. Usually these guys come back and get small niggle after small niggle for about 12 months. I expect him to miss many games due to slight hamstring strains etc.

• Banned

@king sirro:

I dont agree with blocker very often but he is right about Idris. Idris is more likely to fail than succeed in my opinion, however it was a risk we needed to take for not too much financial risk. We need to look at Idris as a bonus of he succeeds, rather than pinning any hopes on him. His 18 months off is a huge concern for me. Usually these guys come back and get small niggle after small niggle for about 12 months. I expect him to miss many games due to slight hamstring strains etc.

Small money on a short deal.
    I think it was quite a good buy considering the options and financial issues.
    We can boot him season end if need be.

• Banned

@matchball:

@king sirro:

Small money on a short deal.
    I think it was quite a good buy considering the options and financial issues.
    We can boot him season end if need be.

Thats pretty much what i said.

• Poor old blocker. What’s he doing these days, guest speaking at buffet openings?

• Keeps referring to “HIS” old club.

Blocker your old club is broke and barely involved with WestsTigers.

Your opinion is garbage in my opinion.

• Banned

@Geo.:

Idris signing will hurt toothless Tigers

By Staff WritersDecember 18, 2016

SO, the Wests Tigers have signed Jamal Idris to help revive their finals prospects. I hope they know what they’re doing.

He hasn’t played for 18 months and was never a player to produce effort after effort.

Sure, he has the size and body shape to make an impression. But he’ll be amazed at the added pace in the game since he last ran into touch.

The Tigers never fail to concern me these days. There have been widespread media reports on “welfare problems” within the club.

I get the impression someone is loading the gun but doesn’t have the balls to fire it.

The only problem I’m aware of within my old club is that they’re yet to re-sign their four big guns. They seem to be preoccupied with the proposed “Centre of Excellence”.

Wow. Now won’t that produce a player of quality? Yes, in about five years’ time, if they’re lucky. The club needs a senior management culling.

Steve ‘Blocker’ Roach

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/idris-signing-will-hurt-toothless-tigers/?adbsc=social_20161217_68776356&adbid=1353467548027818&adbpl=fb&adbpr=110919635615955

The Wests Tigers never was your old club fat boy. So much bitterness in such a small article 😒

• Banned

@GNR4LIFE:

Poor old blocker. What’s he doing these days, guest speaking at buffet openings?

No, he is employed as a broadcaster and expert panel member on Fox Sports…what is your involvement again?

• On a serious note, who is Blocker? The 2 greatest thing he’s achieved since retirement have been being Hadley’s dimwitted co-commentator and weight gain. He’s a buffoon and is not to be taken seriously. I wouldn’t even say he’s intentionally spreading misinformation re the player welfare, because he probably doesn’t have a clue that the club is now ranked 2nd. He wouldn’t have the smarts to do a bit of research, even if it is an article that would be small enough to fit inside a pamphlet.

He’s gotten fired from every job he’s had since he retired. That says it all right there.

• @stryker:

@GNR4LIFE:

Poor old blocker. What’s he doing these days, guest speaking at buffet openings?

No, he is employed as a broadcaster and expert panel member on Fox Sports…what is your involvement again?

My sides man :roll

• @stryker:

@innsaneink:

Wow… Such a butthurt pussy

Five or six digs in one article. Lol

What a pathetic fat lump of steaming crap he is

Haha need help getting the twist out of your panties?

I don’t mind if Idris has had ten games and failed miserably and Blocker speaks out , but give the bloke a chance

Blocker has had a history of sticking the boot in ….gotta wonder why

Recent Topics