Press Conference: Matt Ballin...

• ForumSupporter

Press Conference: Matt Ballin

Mon 19th December, 06:00PM

Wests Tigers hooker Matt Ballin spoke to the media at Liverpool Hospital today as the players delivered presents to children spending the holidays in hospital.

Ballin faced some tough questions from a special guest who made the trip to Liverpool from the North Pole to help spread some Christmas cheer.

Ballin joined team mates Josh Aloiai, James Tedesco and Jordan Grant to deliver toys to children who will be spending Christmas at Liverpool Hospital. The toys were donated by Wests Tigers Members and supporters as a part of a recent Toy Drive.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016/12/19/matt_ballin_speaks_t.html

• ForumSupporter

First of all…Well done Wests Tigers on the Toy drive…

More importantly having Ballin on deck Rd 1 would be great,

We could also use Santa in the backrow…

• @Geo.:

First of all…Well done Wests Tigers on the Toy drive…

More importantly having Ballin on deck Rd 1 would be great,

We could also use Santa in the backrow…

definitely, I hope he can string some games together.

hes very effective at providing a good backbone for the rest of the team when fit as he did for manly for many years.

would be perfect for our 1, 6, 7 to play off of and then add in some spark from liddle as needed.

excited from him to be slowly eased into the NRL!

• Great Initiative from the club.

Matt Ballin is quality on and off the field.
    I was fortunate enough to meet him and Dene Halatau last year as they did a walk around and mingled with the fans prior to a game when they were both injured.

In the limited time he had on the field lasylt year the team played so much better and with better direction. I hope he guides liddle well.

• I can’t say the ballin purchase was an on field success but maybe he has been good for the team in other ways. I’m not confident but I hope he stays injury free and can be a partner and guide for Liddell. Well done to the boys on their work at the hospital! Love that work they do. I think it is soul lifting and a good way to give players some perspective.

• Matt Ballin is a champion on and off the field….if he is completely fit and on the field for the opening few rounds,then this team will improve out of sight…just my opinion,but his experience,knowledge and work rate are second to none…he could be just what we need to be in the top 8/4 next year… Hope my judgement is correct… 😃

• @BeeJay:

Great Initiative from the club.

I was fortunate enough to meet him and Dene Halatau last year as they did a walk around and mingled with the fans prior to a game when they were both injured.

In the limited time he had on the field lasylt year the team played so much better and with better direction. I hope he guides liddle well.

I don’t remember Santa playing for Manly…was he the guy on the wing a few years back?

• Thought by this thread title that he wasn’t playing on Lol

• I think a fit Matt Ballin is essential for us to be successful next year. His defensive workload can take pressure off ET, which then can allow ET to attack. And it wouldn’t expose Liddle, that way we can bring him on nice and slowly.

• @maxxy86:

Thought by this thread title that he wasn’t playing on Lol

Ha yep i thought it was to announce his retirement also…im hlad its not.

• @palms:

@maxxy86:

Nah I reckon he is going to come out of the first scrum in Rd 1 swinging and knocking out the opposition hooker

• @happy tiger:

@palms:

@maxxy86:

Nah I reckon he is going to come out of the first scrum in Rd 1 swinging and knocking out the opposition hooker

RF won’t be playing Rd 1 he’s injured.

• @palms:

@maxxy86:

Friends used to use him as a PT. Fact he is a PT might extend his playing career.

• @BeeJay:

Not having a dig and I too hope he goes well neat year but he interchanged in two games he tallied 30 odd tackles and less than 20 meters gained. I don’t think you can gauge much from that but I hope he does add direction to the team next season.

• @Tiger Come Lately:

@BeeJay:

Not having a dig and I too hope he goes well neat year but he interchanged in two games he tallied 30 odd tackles and less than 20 meters gained. I don’t think you can gauge much from that but I hope he does add direction to the team next season.

Not sure why this worth pointing out. He’s not going to be an 80 minute player and he doesn’t need to be. All the stuff you are judging him on is based off coming off a knee reco. He didn’t get a chance to build his game up before he hot injured again. Fingers crossed he has more luck next yr.

Recent Topics